• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ethernet cables..and lag.

AsherXII

Smash Cadet
I've been using a 100 ft. Ethernet cable for a good 4 months since brawl's release and I haven't had any problems at all. Until about 3 months ago that is. Now I get crazy unexplainable lag and I haven't been able to figure out what the cause could be. I've replaced the router, modem and ethernet cable, but I'm still having problems. I'm in the process of replacing my datel LAN adapter with an official nintendo brand unit since customer service suggested i do so. after that, I'm out of ideas. I'm pretty sure my ISP isn't the problem, I've called numerous times and there have been no reports of any problems with the connection.

Interesting though, I tried moving the wii to the router and connecting via a 10 ft. cable and the lag seemed to dissapear quite a bit. coincidence maybe? could a 10 ft. cable make THAT much of a difference from a 100 ft.? Anyway, thanks for reading. if you have any tips or advice please feel free to share. Thank you.

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes you just have to switch Ethernet cables for some reason. It's kind of like they expire or something. I get the some problem from time to time, so I'd just see if the new cable works out first before I went out and bought something else.

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt it is the cable when you say it slightly got better, you probably imagined tht or hoped for it. Unless your first cable is broken but then again there would be a big noticeable difference. id say its the adapter

Top Bottom