• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Err... This is weird...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Ness' back air clanked with a Jump canceled Lucas Up smash on frame 1 once it started....(Meaning the jump was canceled on frame 2 in which Lucas' up smash began.)

Lucas charged it a bit and Ness remained paused there for 16 frames (The normal Hit lag)... while Lucas was still moving and proceeding through is charging and about to up smash frames.... After the hit lag, Lucas got hit on frame 17.

So... I'm guessing Lucas has up smash invincibility on frame 1? But that kind of defeats all purposes because he still got hit....

That or it has some weird box attached to that part of his body on frame one...

Or does someone else have some sort of explanation.. ?

Chuee

Smash Hero
lol that would be a pretty funny way for lucas to die (the getting hit by the attack on frame 17 part).

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Easy way to be sure if a move has invincibility frames:

Get two players. Have one player charge Mario's FLUDD. Have the other player initiate the move you want to test. Have Mario shoot FLUDD at the opponent as they're doing the move. The player being hit with FLUDD will not be affected by it while in invincibility frames.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Easy way to be sure if a move has invincibility frames:

Get two players. Have one player charge Mario's FLUDD. Have the other player initiate the move you want to test. Have Mario shoot FLUDD at the opponent as they're doing the move. The player being hit with FLUDD will not be affected by it while in invincibility frames.
i like using falcon punch because it's falcon.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
ok so like i didn't test it, but i had it happen to me in a match today. i was playing and then the opponent was ZSS and tried to grab me and, i used my usmash and the grab went through me and i killed them i dont know if it was invincibilty frames or if i just ducked my head too low for the grab or if i was too close for the grab to connect. i'll have the vid up eventually.

eww terrible grammar.

Top Bottom