• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena 4 - Paris, France - June 26-27, 2010 | Armada, Amsah, many more !

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA

Smash Hero
Well it is me and swizzy but beast will need it too, I told him to sort his own housing out, so yeah just me and swizzy.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Registrations opened on Cycom's website : http://www.cycom.org/event/informations/21/en/

First you have to register on the website (or login if you already registered for another ESA), then you have to register for the tournament.
If you already registered on the website and can't remember the password you entered, just register with another nickname making sure I can guess who you are.
Do not pay attention to the schedule, it's the one from last year. It should be something similar, though.

awesome. hopefully this works out. do you have aim?
Yes.
slhoka77

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
EXCITED for pre-tourny friendlies, Armada, Calle, Aniolas, and Rocky, BE THERE THE 23 OR 24 PLEEZ! I wanna learn from you amazing players so bad <3

you guys need to powerlevel me all day! :D

Zgetto

Smash Ace
Still aint that good armada.. thats like squashing a bug 20 times anyone can do that.. And bring urself Rocky =o

Anyway shloka or someone.. Adam, Faab and me are arriving on thursday evening around 8-9 or something, soo whats the deal with the housing??

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Just for the record: we can just pay at the venue right?
Yes. It seems like the guys from Cycom (who are in charge of the budget for this tournament) want to enforce an increase of the entry fee by 5€ if you don't pay in advance. That's understandable, considering the fact that it's easier to see who comes and who doesn't when attendants pay in advance (announcing it a bit earlier would have been appreciated, though).
Anyway, last year I negociated so they removed this 5€ increase, so I'll try to do the same this time.

Anyway shloka or someone.. Adam, Faab and me are arriving on thursday evening around 8-9 or something, soo whats the deal with the housing??
Duh. Marc told me that the three of you would most likely come with Amsah, Remen and him on friday evening. I planned to house you guys on this day and on sunday evening. Housing you on thursday night will be way more difficult.

In fact, we won't be able to house everyone this year. I kept asking the Parisian players to house foreign players, but so far, hardly anyone wants/can to house other players.
For the ESA series, housing always revolved on Qlex, Doraki, me and Poilon, and a few other who would house one or two persons. This time, Poilon won't house anyone, and Qlex isn't sure he will be able to house people. So far, I can only count on 7 places at my home, 4 at Doraki's (I was thinking about sending Ryuker, Exa, Rian and Mizar there, as Doraki can only house 4 people), 1 at JD's (he said he'd probably house AE.) and 1 at Baxon (who wants to house Pasi).

It cleraly isn't enough, and I don't know where to house the others at the moment. I'm hoping that Qlex will be able to house people on sunday evening, allowing us to house anyone, on this day.

On wednesday and thursday, unless some french players suddenly offer housing, I can't find any other solution than an hotel. I looked up a bit for something cheap, and I the best I found so far is 45mn away from the venue with the subway, and would cost 45€ per night for 3 people (so 15€/person), which is quite fair compared to the usual hotel prices in France.
I found another one which is about as close to the venue for 32€ per night for 3 persons, but it isn't in Paris and it's harder to reach, so it may not be a good choice.

I'm still working on all this, and I'll call all those who may house and haven't answered me "no" yet asap.

I am really sorry for all this. The Parisian community seems to have turned quite selfish, and I can't really force people to house other smashers.

Make ESA5 happen in December hahaha
Poilon is likely to retire after this tournament, so I don't think there will be an ESA5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom