• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena 2 - Paris - 23 & 24 February 2008 - Up to 256 Players !

Slhoka

Smash Lord
So what happens if your 2 minutes late get the warning, then your 2 minutes late again?

As far as I know, nothing. Like I said in my last post, I've never heard of these. Maybe Joanna Dark or Poilon knows, but I don't think that such a late penalty system is planned. Yet.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Somebody can make a list with the sixteen nationalities that are gonna participating in the regional crew tournament?
Actually, there won't be 16 teams of different countries, since there are only 2 islandic smashers, or 3,5 american ones.

But the 16 nationality are (in order of appearance on the préregistration list) :

1. France
  2. Belgium
  3. Switzerland
  4. The Netherlands
  5. Germany
  6. UK
  7. Norway
  8. Sweden
  9. Italy
  10. Japan
  11. Spain
  12. Austria
  13. Iceland
  14. USA
  15. Finland
Duh, it seems that I forgot a country. If it's true, sorry guys, no offence. But I might also be because I count the Scottish guys in the UK group (well, that's true), the Yougoslavian and the Equatorian guys in the Spanish group since I think they live there. But you've already almost everything listed here.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
And will there be a real list of people who are coming, don't think everyone from the registration page will be there.

alucard.ec

Smash Apprentice
¬¬ I don´t see Equateur.. I know it´s a small country but.. It is a Contry... ¬¬ ... Im living in Spain just for Diplomatic "things".. but im not a inmigrant u.u
Just Kidding.. so it will be 17 ?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Hey, JD and Poilon: Could you allow Norway and Sweden to team up in regionals as Team Scandinavia? We got way too few dudes for regionals, and Sweden and Norway is like the same country. I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to team with our brother-country, as it wouldn't make an imbalanced team at all...

Mr P

Smash Ace
Actually, there won't be 16 teams of different countries, since there are only 2 islandic smashers, or 3,5 american ones.

But the 16 nationality are (in order of appearance on the préregistration list) :

1. France
  2. Belgium
  3. Switzerland
  4. The Netherlands
  5. Germany
  6. UK
  7. Norway
  8. Sweden
  9. Italy
  10. Japan
  11. Spain
  12. Austria
  13. Iceland
  14. USA
  15. Finland
Duh, it seems that I forgot a country. If it's true, sorry guys, no offence. But I might also be because I count the Scottish guys in the UK group (well, that's true), the Yougoslavian and the Equatorian guys in the Spanish group since I think they live there. But you've already almost everything listed here.
You just made your first mistake Slhoka...... NEVER make scotland as part of the UK, Scotland is it's own country as are each of the rest of the COUNTRIES in the UK.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
¬¬ I don´t see Equateur.. I know it´s a small country but.. It is a Contry... ¬¬ ... Im living in Spain just for Diplomatic "things".. but im not a inmigrant u.u
Just Kidding.. so it will be 17 ?
Sorry anyway, I couldn't remember what you exactly said about being Ecuadorian while living in Spain and was to lazy to search through the topic.

You just made your first mistake Slhoka...... NEVER make scotland as part of the UK, Scotland is it's own country as are each of the rest of the COUNTRIES in the UK.

I know that Scotland is it's own country. I said I put them in the UK group because M. asked the list of nationalities participating in the regionals tourney, and that I supposed that England, Scotland (and possibly Wales and Northern Ireland though I haven't seen anyone from these countries in the list) will be in the same crew for the regionals (that's also the other reason why I added you to the Spain Smasher list whithout too much remorse, Alucard.ec). It does not mean that I don't think Scotland is independant.
And if you wonder why I didn't make a group with the countries which don't have enough smashers to form a crew, it's only because I don't know who'll go with who.
So, i admit that the word nationality wasn't the one I should have used. But anyway, it was by no means something I intended to be offensive. I won't edit the list for a better understanding of your post and mine, but you can add "(England+Scotland)" after UK in the list (as well as" (+Ecuador)" after Spain).

If I made another mistake in this post (or something that could be considered as offensive), I'm sorry, and I'll be happy to receive a PM from you explaining me what I did wrong.

Mr P

Smash Ace
Sorry anyway, I couldn't remember what you exactly said about being Ecuadorian while living in Spain and was to lazy to search through the topic.

I know that Scotland is it's own country. I said I put them in the UK group because M. asked the list of nationalities participating in the regionals tourney, and that I supposed that England, Scotland (and possibly Wales and Northern Ireland though I haven't seen anyone from these countries in the list) will be in the same crew for the regionals (that's also the other reason why I added you to the Spain Smasher list whithout too much remorse, Alucard.ec). It does not mean that I don't think Scotland is independant.
And if you wonder why I didn't make a group with the countries which don't have enough smashers to form a crew, it's only because I don't know who'll go with who.
So, i admit that the word nationality wasn't the one I should have used. But anyway, it was by no means something I intended to be offensive. I won't edit the list for a better understanding of your post and mine, but you can add "(England+Scotland)" after UK in the list (as well as" (+Ecuador)" after Spain).

If I made another mistake in this post (or something that could be considered as offensive), I'm sorry, and I'll be happy to receive a PM from you explaining me what I did wrong.
OK, i didnt quite expect this response from you. Dont worry i'm not that offended, i was just exaggerating the situation a little. Being scottish and classed as being the same as THEM :laugh::laugh: (the English) can get pretty annoying but i wasnt that bothered by your comment. Being Scottish it's my natural reaction to show that there is quite a large disctinction between us and THEM even though we'll be playing under the UK region in crews. i mean just look at our football fans.... one country has the worst hooliganism in the world and one country has the best fans in the world.

and on that note id just like to say

Scotland 1-0 France
France 0-1 Scotland

NO JOHNS

A-D

Smash Journeyman
and slhoka , is your place really full ~_~??
because we really need some housing..we're planning to be there 3 days be4 the tournament..
And i don't know when Coen etc. are coming to your place
or poilon can you house us :O?

Choco
Miguel
Amsah
Faab
Me

BTW is slhoka even a french name ;o?

i know Pierre le roy is^^

Luma

Smash Lord
why do u even worry adam? jd and slhoka said that everybody will be housed and that they will organize it

it kinda sucks imo if ppl just ask for getting housed by someone cuz that could mess up the whole plan

or am i wrong?

A-D

Smash Journeyman
your wrong because i really need 2 know asap because were planning to book our tickets this week >_<
but we are planning to arrive a couple days before the tournament , and i dunno if everyone is in for that...so i don't wanna be taking risky chances=)

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
in the worst case, we will find a cheap hotel for anyone coming, so you can't worry about housing ^^.
anyway, poilon's planning to house amsah and faab at least, I don't know about the others... 3 days in advance is kinda hard, you should contact slhoka on msn.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
jo JD

what about entry prices?
i wasn´t worried to much about those till a few days ago, cause i thought most was gonna go over sponsors...
in the french boards it seems to be 10 € per tourney.... is that right?
so that´d be 30-40 € for the tourney plus food payment?
or how does all that work?
cause i have the tickets now... but atm my bank account has 3€ on it... and christmas is fast approaching (meaning i have to buy presents :( )
anything confirmed yet?

Slhoka

Smash Lord
and slhoka , is your place really full ~_~??
because we really need some housing..we're planning to be there 3 days be4 the tournament..
And i don't know when Coen etc. are coming to your place
or poilon can you house us :O?

Choco
Miguel
Amsah
Faab
Me

BTW is slhoka even a french name ;o?

i know Pierre le roy is^^

Leroy*
It's an old orthography ;)
And no, Slhoka is absolutely not a French name, and it's not that hard to find out what is the origin :p

Ok, back to housing =D
If I don't make any mistake, Shadow, Coen and the others guys in Shadow's car will arrive on friday.
Considering the sentence above is true, there's 2 possibilities :
- my parents don't leave the house for the whole week end, and I can't house more than 7 people.
- my parents leave for the week end, and would leave on friday evening. In this case, you five + the 4 or 5 guys in Shadow's car + some more people can stay at my place.

I also need to know when you'll leave. Because Sunday's evening organization will also be a complex thing.

Anyway, what you need to do now
(and what EVERYONE should do) is sending a PM to Joanna Dark, once (and only once) you've got your tickets, so he can validate your participation to the tournament.
You have to send
  • The name of every single person coming with you (the name written on the preregistration list, so JD can fin you easily)
  • The languages you can speak (it's not that important for guys like you, Adam, but for some other it is since it helps us finding someone you can easily communicate with)
  • You age (same comment than last point)
  • The days of arrival of departure.

With this, you'll be both validated for the tournament, and listed as guys-needing-housing.
IF YOU WANT TO SURE TO ATTEND THIS TOURNAMENT, DO NOT FORGET TO DO IT.

Ok, now that this point is clear, Adam, you can be sure that you're in the top of the list of people I may house ;)

And about Poilon housing people... well... at first he wanted to house JD, Infernum, Amsah, Choco, CJ, and Masashi. But then, I pointed out that since CJ is the only one Japanese who can speak something else than japanese, the 4 others (or at least 2) will be glad to be with him. So he added them. And then PC Chris, Cort and PC's friend said they'll come, so he added 3 more people. That is to say a total of 12 persons in Poilon's flat. I don't even know how they could survive more thqn one day in such condition. So I don't think he can house you. But well, we'll see.

And to answer Luma's objection, you can actually ask to be housed at a specific smasher's place if you have a preference. It won't change our list system (send a PM to JD once you have your tickets !), but we'll take it into account.

Ah, and last thing : Mr P, sorry for the misunderstanding, I had a doubt but I prefered the safer answer =p

Ryuker

Smash Lord
I'm sure Amsah will manage XD.
I can't say which times for sure yet. But I am planning to go on friday evening ( maybe thursday evening) before the tourney and go back on monday morning/day ( but I have to be home before the night). Who's available for housing? I prefer to stay with dutch ofc , like faab adam and so on ( is makenshi still available?:p )

As you can see I won't be staying anywere for really long. I'll give my train info asap when I have it ( somewhere this week/next week I think.)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Hey, JD and Poilon: Could you allow Norway and Sweden to team up in regionals as Team Scandinavia? We got way too few dudes for regionals, and Sweden and Norway is like the same country. I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to team with our brother-country, as it wouldn't make an imbalanced team at all...
JD? =((((((((

FrostByte

Smash Lord
A certain "boi" says he will tipper the PC out of a certain someone's name and use it for himself. It's awn people! This will be the best MM of the tourney!

Remen

Smash Apprentice
Slhoka: Can I be housed with Adam and the rest if possible? Because I'll be travelling with them, it would be nice to stay at the same place as we're probably arriving early.

Thanks a lot :)

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Slhoka: Can I be housed with Adam and the rest if possible? Because I'll be travelling with them, it would be nice to stay at the same place as we're probably arriving early.

Thanks a lot :)

Well... I guess that's possible, at least for wednesday and thursday. For Friday, as I said, it depends whether my parents are at home or not.
Anyways, I don't forget you, and you'll come with the others if it's possible ;)

BTW, it's not an excuse for not sending a PM to JD when you'll have your tickets :p

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
tonberry -> I don't know if it's possible yet, but I see no reason why it wouldn't be, so get ready to battle ! ^^.

about the PM : organize yourselves so I receive only ONE PM for a group of persons travelling together. it's easy, just point out someone in your group to send me a PM with all the informations Slhoka talked about, and that's it :)

Mr P

Smash Ace
I agree with Tonberry, Scotland should team up with the United States because both John Wayne and Clint Eastwood are of Scottish descent, we are basically brothers in arms. Also wes who is an american lives in the country next to us (England) so i def think team scotmerica should be allowed our team would look like this.

Mr P
Davemans
ac anon
Cpt Zeppo
PC Chris
Cort
Clint Eastwood

John wayne would have been in the team but hes dead :(

Vegard

Smash Lord
rofl, mr. P. I laughed.

well... us and the swedes both speak the same language, I guess that counts for something?

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
JD: Sounds pretty awesome! Now Europe really get the change to prove what they can do! Though, too bad Ek and Helios won't be there...

I want to do Netherlands vs the rest of the world :) Don't care if it's broken or not.
I wanna play me VS rest of the world, but I don't think they dare to face me ;)

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
if possible, there will be a special crew battle : Europe vs rest of the world (which includes Japan, USA and Equador in this case XD).
I talked about this with PC and he's interested in doing that ^^.
if you're going to do that I'll keep my Falco ready for it :cool:
everytime I play in crew battles I end up doing something amazing, let's hope things won't change for this one :chuckle:

Top Bottom