• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EPIC Smash! IV! SSBB/SSBM Tourney! April 5th, Agoura hills! CA!

embracethe12

Smash Lord
man blue jay you've gone all out this time
organized rules, you posted on smashboards, warm ups, directions, and multiple tevs and wiis for a super size tournament?!
last time we went you guys made us play fd only and not allow counter picks. Keep up the good work dude, fer sure i am going to this.

Recipherus

Smash Journeyman
This looks great but won't it go really long/late? Four tournaments starting at 6:00pm.

jngshin

Smash Cadet
This looks great but won't it go really long/late? Four tournaments starting at 6:00pm.
im also wondering about this. We had four stations at FFA, about 50 people, and it went from 6pm - 11:30pm just for singles. Doubles took another four hours prior. Either way, I'll probably go lol

itsSMASHtastic

Smash Apprentice
lol Justin are you in socal?
There were talks of me and JR coming down to San Diego that same weekend. Though I would say chances are slim and none especially since we were in Vegas for all of last week.

Funny thing is I live out in San Jose and some of my Vallejo friends live in a house four houses away from Mattdeezie's. TG Norcal Reunion anyone?

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
You see guys, I had no idea this was going to be a HUGE tournament. I could possibly change the start a couple hours early like around 3-4pm but I would have to get everybody's approoval first through PM.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Tournament host, don't worry about the people who you want to "pm you," You're going to get more people coming if you start earlier than the ones you may or may not lose by starting later.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'd say earlier also, the tournament won't finish if it starts that late haha ^ ^;;.

InsomniaK

Smash Apprentice
start it like 6 hours earlier plz, then i can go
oh and can u make it go like melee doubles, melee singles, brawl doubles, brawl singles, cus then we can like use the doubles tournies as warmups or w/e for each game.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I would like to go to this, but there's a Mario Kart Wii event in San Diego this weekend as well.

Please start this earlier. No way four events will get done in 3 1/2 hours. I fixed my vcr so I have the ability to tape two stations now.

If the time does not change, then I'll just skip this tourney.

--GCII

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
We have decided to either have the tournament at 3:00 to 9:00 or to change the rules from double to single elimination,

and I know most of you guys would probly want to change the date to an ealier time, But its harder than it looks, we are going to have to tell everyone about this new change of time that posted and said they are going.

and some people might not get the message in time and they will come at 6:00 when melee singles and maybe doubles is already up.

we have also tested the TV's we are using and we are trying our hardest to get 6 for sure working TV's, with more TVs games and ect this tournament will go way smoother, we will think about changing the time, but if it does not work out, we have to change it to single elimination. :ohwell:

The Game II

Smash Champion
We have decided to either have the tournament at 3:00 to 9:00 or to change the rules from double to single elimination,

and I know most of you guys would probly want to change the date to an ealier time, But its harder than it looks, we are going to have to tell everyone about this new change of time that posted and said they are going.

and some people might not get the message in time and they will come at 6:00 when melee singles and maybe doubles is already up.
Everyone has 48 hours to find out about the new time. Smashboards is working again, so it's their fault if they don't get it. Make fliers and go everywhere to make sure people know about the change.

3 p.m. is fine for me.

--GCII

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I think he means people outside of smashboards. Still, though personally Im in favor of it starting earlier so it doesnt run too late.

T-BONE

Smash Rookie
t bonnnee, dude I remember you had a badass bowser at the family fun arcade tourny, good to see you're coming
Hey thanks! It was good to meet you at the ffa tourney, that was my first tourney and it was alot of fun. Congrats on taking 5th in singles! I remember you were owning with the teal gameNwatch, and even before the tourney started you destroyed me with DDD. Hope to play you again soon.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
3pm is a much better time to run this. 6 TVs, lots of people, 4 tournaments we need that extra time.
more importantly, now glenn can come wooo

mio

Smash Ace
I think I might go to this, possibly with a friend. We're chill and we might be able to bring a cube, melee and a couple controllers.

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
I think he means people outside of smashboards. Still, though personally Im in favor of it starting earlier so it doesnt run too late.
First of all Im glad you all are happy that we changed the date, and Im happy that there will be over 40 PEOPLE!!!!! (if we all come) so let all your friends know about the time change.

thats so many people that I think we need a bigger room! but its too late for that, im sorry if anyone there thinks its crowded lol,

and about the flyers thing.........the people who got the flyers dont even know if its a brawl or melee tourney, lol so they will come around 6:00 when the brawl tourneys are starting, so we dont have to worry about that.

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
so is brawl registration gonna be at 6 then? for people who are uninterested in melee?
Great! some people DO care about brawl! lol (I do too) I got a PM from T-Bone that said the same thing, here you go.......

Quoterific!
Good question, (personally I suck at melee) but if you would like to show up when the brawl tourneys start I suggest you come around 5-6 to make sure u come in time for the brawl tourney, we are starting melee singles and doubles around 3:30, but seriously I dont really know the exact time you should come, all I can tell you is that the melee tourneys are starting first, before brawl.
UnQuoterific

Oh and serioulsy I dont know how many people want to do this brawl thing but I know at least (or hope) that 15 people for sure (kinda for sure) will want to brawl aswell.

I really dont know how many people at all lol.

Gravatron

Smash Rookie
If anyone could bring TVs PM Blu_Jay, we are in need of 2 TVs, we have 4 that will work for sure but if anyone is willing to bring a TV please PM blujay ASAP!

By the way, Im the CO-Manager of this event.

JugaBro

Smash Cadet
I might be able to come, and bring a TV with me. I'm already hardpressed to come though, the only one who could drive me from my house is my mom, and she's busy all day. I know my parents wont let me drive with a stranger, but Tagxy, do you think you'd have extra space in your car? I can help pay with gas, and if Simi isn't too far out of the way, I think I'd be able to come with you. I wouldn't need a ride home either.

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
Alright! Thank You Juga! we now have 6 TVs! (if you come)

But theres only one BIG problem........

we only have 2 copies of melee.......and 3 of brawl.

let the panicing begin!

I am really sorry if we dont have many games......I should have planned out this more, our last hope is if anyone els can bring more games of melee or brawl with a card......full of memory. (lol)

im really sorry (again) if theres only 2 games or melee :(

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
i'm bringing my Wii, with a copy of brawl and a copy of melee, did you already have that in your count?

this tourny is obviously going to run tight reguardless, not having enough disks would be inexcusable. everyone bring your disks lol

Blu_Jay

Smash Cadet
i'm bringing my Wii, with a copy of brawl and a copy of melee, did you already have that in your count?

this tourny is obviously going to run tight reguardless, not having enough disks would be inexcusable. everyone bring your disks lol
I could never forget you lovage805 lol, thanks for bringing set-ups.

JugaBro

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm sorry guys I can't come, which means no bringing a TV or Melee game on my part, sorry. My mom can't drive me, and she wont let tagxy drive me, because she doesn't know him. She has strage fears of car accidents and that he might actually be some gay assaulter. Hey, I obviously dont believe that at all, but shes a waay overprotective parent. Anyway, sorry I couldn't come and contribute the needed items.

Top Bottom