• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

enlighten me...whats the point of DDD being able to suck dudes if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am an egg

Smash Rookie
all he does is spit them out. cant even hold them in his mouth that long.

i under stand kirbys or what suck swallow. yay useless power for like 5 mins.

but king DDD baffles me cuz hes slow so its not like he can suck u and run off the edge real quick...well ok if ur close otthe egde i guess.

but u know what im sayin/.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Because that move is directly taken from the Kirby games, that's what De³ does in them.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I've played all Kirby games and I'm pretty sure they implemented virtually everything. De³ inhaling and spitting out again is one of his trademark moves.
Besides, not every move must have a use.

Which reminds me... isn't he able to eat projectiles with this inhale?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Taken directly from the De³ boards:
26. Standard B(Inhale)
Description: Dedede sucks the opponent into his belly.
Avg Damage: 10%
Knockback: Average

This is Dedede's inhale move, which is virtually the same as kirby's.
You press B and Dedede sucks the opponent into his belly and in order to do damage you spit them back out. This move has Super Armor as it starts which is very helpful.
This move can be used to stop agressive approaches very well which is its main on the stage use in addition to ****** shield. Use it when in the air and you see your opponent anticipating an aerial and shielding. If you're opponent is just waiting for your bair to shield grab, B reversal inhale to suck them up, spit em out over the ledge and edgeguard.
Another use for this move however, is swallowciding
Basically you suck up the opponent and fall to your death with them in your stomach resulting in a death for both of you. It is pretty dang hard to escape. You should use this if you're at a much higher percentage than your opponent or if youre opponent is on theyre last stock while youre not. They're are a few creative ways to execute this which are told in the strategies section. Swallowciding can basically turn the tide of a match for you many times.
zOmg.

Biinii

Smash Apprentice
His UpB and dash attack are examples of Dedede's trademark moves. Remember what is Smash Bros. supposed to be.

Also its funny to see that Kirby's inhale has priority over Dedede's.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Dedede inhaled in the first game, and all following games too, as far as I remember. Sure, UpB and Dash are more commonly known as his trademark moves, but the Inhale is part of them, too. :bee:

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
D3 would be cheap if he could run you off of the stage like that, especially as fast as that move is. Besides, you can suck people up and spit them out into other players, or in a 1 on 1 match, you can jump, spit them out and finish them with an air attack. It also does a good 10% and you do have control of them for a good few seconds. So it's really a decent move.

Also, don't say they should replace that move. If you've played Kirby's Adventure or any other Kirby game, D3 has always sucked Kirby up and spit hit out as an attack. That's always what I expected his standard special to be before they announced his moves anyway.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Dedede inhaled in the first ...
i under stand kirbys or what suck swallow

its not like he can suck u ... off
title said:
whats the point of DDD being able to suck dudes
10othermeanings.

Alot of characters have moves that represent things they were able to do in their games.

But as for practical application when you're playing to win, it's there in that quote - shield pressure, 'air grab', etc.

also, this is why Dedede has inhale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLIQRnhL_94

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Also spitting them underneath the stage for characters with horrible recovery.
Olimar
Link
Pokemon trainer
Zelda/sheik (depends what stage)
Peach
Bowser
DK
etc

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I think Sakurai knew what was best for the character, considering he CREATED King DeDeDe and DIRECTED Brawl.

There's really nothing to debate here.

:026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom