• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Of The Federation - Sylux For SSB4 DLC! Discussion moved to social group.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I know, I just think both doesn't seem all that unique and interactive besides push b then forget, but it might very well fit better. Just throwing ideas around blindly and seeing what sticks.
The Delano 7 attacking doesnt mean "push b then forget". If anything, it will still make you act if you really want your kill. Like Palutena's Army, its a support tool, but not something that reliably finishes off opponents unless they are heavily damaged.

Update: I'll be slower at this time since I'm out of state for the holidays, but I'll keep working on custom move ideas. Those are rather hard to think of.

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
Fair point and oversight by me, on second thought the Delano 7 does fit better both thematically and as a Final Smash and most likely would feel better to use than what I suggested as some characters could easily break the tether with something like an upspecial or counter the very predictable last blow.

And hey man, enjoy holidays and merry Christmas.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Firstly, sign me up as a supporter. I loved Hunters and whilst I was a Spire man, Sylux is definitely the best choice for the role.

As far as a move set goes, this is my idea on specials/smashes:

:GCB: - Shock Coil - chargeable projectile, short to medium range dealing low hitstun and knock back but recovering small amounts of health.

:GCB::GCR: - Imperialist - fires a long range beam. Picture this as similar to ROB's Robot Beam except without charging time at the expense of a greater startup time. Can be angled.

:GCB::GCD: - Lockjaw Mine - Lays an electric mine as Lockjaw which explodes with electricity if an opponent steps on it. When used in the air, the mine automatically explodes below Sylux, giving air stalling capabilities similar to Samus.

(I don't personally think the 3- mine deathtrap should be a thing especially with the loss of a dimension between Hunters and Smash)

:GCB::GCU: - Lockjaw Burst - several electric explosions propels Sylux high into the air.

:GCCR: - Volt Driver - fires a blast of electricity in front of it.

:GCCD: - Judicator - Fires short ranged bursts of ice to either side.

:GCCU: - Fires a Magmaul burst upwards, giving a fiery explosion.

[\spoiler]

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I've been outta town for the past few days, but now that I'm back, I'll add both of you to the supporters list.

@ DJ3DS DJ3DS

I like the idea for throws in particular. I'll put this moveset in the OP.

D

Deleted member

Sign me up. I supported this guy for Brawl too.

One thing I've wondered though: maybe the Shock Coil could work like a sword? It definitely looks as if it could be used as a melee weapon.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sign me up. I supported this guy for Brawl too.

One thing I've wondered though: maybe the Shock Coil could work like a sword? It definitely looks as if it could be used as a melee weapon.
You probably mean Sylux's arm cannon and not the Shock Coil affinity weapon. Yes, it can be used for melee attacks, because if Samus can, why can't Sylux?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I played a lot of Weavel in this game and think he has the cooler story. So I'd support him given full control...

But I think Sylux has a better shot and a cooler name, so goooo Sylux.

YoshiplayerX

Smash Apprentice
Trace was my favorite in MPH.
I would love to see, it would be so cool if we would see this guys in Smash.
I have 1 queston, whats a supporter?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
HNI_0081.png

This does look rather silly, but I based it off of Samus' in game model from a snapshot. Of course, Sylux's model would be vastly different, but hey, I wanted to see how well it's render from Hunters would translate into Smash.

I played a lot of Weavel in this game and think he has the cooler story. So I'd support him given full control...

But I think Sylux has a better shot and a cooler name, so goooo Sylux.
You and YoshiplayerX have been added to the supporting list.

I have 1 queston, whats a supporter?
Someone who approves and encourages something or someone. In this case, you as a supporter approve the idea of Sylux becoming possible future DLC for Smash 3DS/U.

YoshiplayerX

Smash Apprentice
Ah okay :) thanks
And also thanks for adding me to the supporting list, i definitly want a metroid newcomer:samus64::samusmelee::samus2::4samus:

Darkjolly

Smash Rookie
Add me up as a supporter.

Kanden is my favourite hunter from Metroid Prime Hunters. The fact he wants to be the ultimate super soldier would add to the reason as to why he should be in smash: He wants to fight the best and become the best.

But after him, Sylux is my next favourite hunter. So I wouldn't mind

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So I was playing Cards Against Humanity online with a few custom decks and this happens when I get to pick. Everything questionable is censored, of course.

I'd love it if that happened IRL.

syluxx.png

Add me up as a supporter.

Kanden is my favourite hunter from Metroid Prime Hunters. The fact he wants to be the ultimate super soldier would add to the reason as to why he should be in smash: He wants to fight the best and become the best.

But after him, Sylux is my next favourite hunter. So I wouldn't mind
I support! Add me to the list!!!
Of course.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Double post for the sake of updating, and this is a long post.

Second Splash Art.png

I made a second version of the splash art, which although I feel inferior to the first, has some backstory to it. You're probably thinking "whoa, what's with the model"? Well...

This NeoGAF thread is a thorough datmine of the Hunters cartridge. If you're one of those guys who enjoys cut content and stuff, go look through it. There are a few Sylux-related things that I want to bring up, which may or may not relate to it's position in Smash:

a) The unused Gunship messages

WARNING: long-range sensors detect warp signatures of stealth-class spacecraft approaching the ALIMBIC sector.
GUNSHIP TRANSMISSION WARNING! unidentified vessel detected in docking bay alpha seven. $EXTREME CAUTION$ is advised.

These two unused Gunship messages heavily allude to Sylux's presence and fight in the Vesper Defense Outpost, which may have been displayed before or during the battle(as Sylux flees to the courtyard and the Delano 7 appears), specifically hinting at the Delano 7. If you'd want to be creative and use these in Smash, they could easily have a segment in a Metroid-themed trailer hinting at Sylux's arrival, or if the Delano 7 were it's Final Smash, reword a bit and have the message display onscreen after Sylux uses the Final Smash. Just ideas.

b) The scrapped game mode

Thread said:
This image suggests that one of the elements outsourced to Retro Studios was implementation of a ship to ship combat mode. No trace of this gameplay mode exists in the final game, suggesting it was cut from development early on.
You're most likely asking "what does a cut mechanic have to do with Sylux in Smash"? Given that this mode would have included ships, it means more Final Smash ideas involving the Delano 7, perhaps in which Sylux pilots the D7 with a similar HUD. The only issue with such an idea would be that in turn, it would make Sylux's Final Smash similar to Zero Suit Samus' own Gunship FS, but it can be worked around.

c) Cut audio files

Have a listen to this audio clip. It's a shortened version of Sylux's(awesome) theme, and the file name explicitly confirms it was a scrapped intro music of sorts. All of the Hunters have one. Now, returning to the "cut thing related to Sylux" debacle for a third time, this intro can be used in one of two ways: in a trailer, right before Sylux's splash card is shown, or possibly part of a second Hunters song, incorporated somehow(don't count on this).

That ends what I could correlate to Sylux in Smash through the datamine. Oh, and because I never stated it, the model used in that splash card up there is a high-res model that, you guessed it, was never used. Looks rather detailed for a DS game.

Hope to see more supporters soon!

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
As long as metroid gets a new rep that isn't just Samus and Samus in her club gear. Metroid has so many great choice of fighters and sakurai fails to see that... It's quite sad how he isn't aware of the metroid series besides the obvious metroid and lava?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
As long as metroid gets a new rep that isn't just Samus and Samus in her club gear. Metroid has so many great choice of fighters and sakurai fails to see that... It's quite sad how he isn't aware of the metroid series besides the obvious metroid and lava?
Metroid did get a decent amount of new content, though, as much as fans won't agree on the decisions made.(Ridley, Dark Samus, Mother Brain, etc etc)

Do you support? Looked kinda unclear to me...

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Metroid did get a decent amount of new content, though, as much as fans won't agree on the decisions made.(Ridley, Dark Samus, Mother Brain, etc etc)

Do you support? Looked kinda unclear to me...
Yeah decent amount of content. Too bad it was mostly Other M focused and reeked of inaccuracy but whatever. Grump grump.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yeah decent amount of content. Too bad it was mostly Other M focused and reeked of inaccuracy but whatever. Grump grump.
Yes, I'm as disappointed as the next non Other M fan guy at how much Other M>everything else Metroid in Sm4sh. I'm grateful that Prime got something in the form of the
Assist Trophy, but that's it. And I wanted Dark Samus playable.

Even if it has less then a snowball's chance in hell, this is a chance to give Metroid a bit more rep in this game beyond Other M and Samus twice.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Yes, I'm as disappointed as the next non Other M fan guy at how much Other M>everything else Metroid in Sm4sh. I'm grateful that Prime got something in the form of the
Assist Trophy, but that's it. And I wanted Dark Samus playable.

Even if it has less then a snowball's chance in hell, this is a chance to give Metroid a bit more rep in this game beyond Other M and Samus twice.
Sakurai probably thought Dark Samus was just another Samus and not actually a sentient Metroid.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sakurai probably thought Dark Samus was just another Samus and not actually a sentient Metroid.
A sentient Metroid, which, of course, is also an Assist Trophy.

And sadly there's always the chance he will dismiss Sylux as a clone and not worth it.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
A sentient Metroid, which, of course, is also an Assist Trophy.

And sadly there's always the chance he will dismiss Sylux as a clone and not worth it.
The Shock Coil's healing properties probably stop Sylux from being considered alongside the unique mechanics the Lockjaw represents with it's Trinity/Delta Bombs.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The Shock Coil's healing properties probably stop Sylux from being considered alongside the unique mechanics the Lockjaw represents with it's Trinity/Delta Bombs.
And let's not forget the creative liberties Sakurai takes with Smash to possibly give Sylux all the affinity weapons and a Palutena's Army-esque Final Smash.

Completely not consideration worthy. :estatic:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
And let's not forget the creative liberties Sakurai takes with Smash to possibly give Sylux all the affinity weapons and a Palutena's Army-esque Final Smash.

Completely not consideration worthy. :estatic:
I would take a Delano 7 Armada day 1.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I'm pretty sure a Samus alt would easily come in before Rundas, so here you go.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I would play a versus game with all of the Hunters...

oh wait, I did. It was called Metroid Prime Hunters and I thought it was cool. Honestly Sylux, Weavel, Noxus, Trace, and Spire not being in further games is a detriment to the series.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Given that my copy of Smash U just arrived, I took the time to fill out the forms/survey and requested Sylux alongside King K. Rool, Snake and Rayman.

It's not much, but hey, anything helps.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Two more some what stupid questions 1 can I do it with the 3ds version and 2 where can I find it if I digitally downloaded it
1. Yes, you can do the survey with both versions.

2. I have no idea since both of my versions of Smash are physical copies.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
If you downloaded the game, and your club nintendo and eshop accounts have been linked, it will automatically be registered and the survey will popup on your 'things to do' when you log into club nintendo.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
If you downloaded the game, and your club nintendo and eshop accounts have been linked, it will automatically be registered and the survey will popup on your 'things to do' when you log into club nintendo.
I just liked them so all I have to do is wait. then the survey will popup up or what?

Top Bottom