• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emulator Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

schep

Smash Cadet
For those of us that know about emulators, I'm sure we are all familiar with project64k and also the Dolphin. I mention this because I am in high hopes that one day soon the dolphin will be perfected and then introduced into the kaillera client. I think we all see where I am going with this. I was one of those who was devastatingly disappointed with Brawl. My hopes now lie outside of Nintendo for online play. Their network is awful and a huge slap in the face to the long time Nintendo fans that got them where they are today. Brawl's competitiveness is blatantly pathetic and cannot hope to wear Melee's shoes.

I am challenging anyone with in depth computer knowledge to expand on this idea and create an online format for Melee.

long live ssbm................................................

-Y-peace-Y-

Geist

Smash Master
I've always been waiting for the day that an emulator is realeased that had minimal lag and a good sized population. With the rate computers are evolving, it really doesn't seem that far away. I'm pretty sure some people could do it on their computers now.

I played a little bit of project 64, and my computer can take it with almost no lag.
I really don't have enough knowledge about computers to even know where to begin with this though.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
This has been brought up many times, I myself have brought it up before.
The conclusion is always that its a little early, though if you have a high-end comp and download a recent revison of the dolphin emulator it will run almost 60 fps.

But as everyone always says, melee is a frame-perfect game, so if the lag of the emulator or the client is over .5 frames off. Its just not the same. Though for us who love melee and live in the middle of no where (there are very few smashers in Tennessee) its a glimpse of hope in the future.

Darkman.exe213

Smash Apprentice
Question, how powerful does your computer have to be to actually run Melee on Dolphin smoothly? I might be getting a computer powerful enough to make the PS3 cry. =)

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
Your compy doesn't have to be amazing... I'm running Vista x64 on a laptop with a centrino dual core and an 8600M gs and I run Melee just fine.

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
sometimes the fps is really odd though. either it gets TOO fast (I can hit like 80 fps; there doesn't seem to have a ceiling) or too slow (foutain of dreams gives me like 1fps).

And my compy isn't UBER awesome.

Sai Winner of Games

Smash Cadet
somewhere between the 10th and 11th dimensions
NNID
SpiralDragon
3DS FC
1822-0827-5656
The older versions of Dolphin had a bad frame limiter so it would go faster than normal at times. Make sure you use the weekly revision.

I am guessing the higher end nvidia 8000 series or equivalent AMD graphics cards might be 'enough', though I am holding out until prices drop on the new cards before upgrading. I am not sure about the CPU or memory. Make sure its its fast, obviously. It should be interesting once everyone has a decent computer. Maybe a laptop will eventually be able to replace carrying around a Wii.

Desh

Smash Ace
Question, how powerful does your computer have to be to actually run Melee on Dolphin smoothly? I might be getting a computer powerful enough to make the PS3 cry. =)
Well, considering someone above you said they run it perfectly, and there arent many computers that make the PS3 cry, i'm pretty sure you be lookin for some attentionzzz

also, i wish people would stop tryna make melee online. Too lazy to type how hard it would gay the actual social aspect of the community again.:dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom