• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EMG Presents - The Top 25 Apex 2015 Super Smash Bros Plays (Part 5/5)

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer

Missed any amazing plays from the biggest Super Smash Bros tournament of all time? Or just feel like reliving some of the most hype moments? Good news! The great people over at Even Matchup Gaming are putting together a 5 part video series showcasing their picks for the top 25 plays from Apex 2015. Get ready to relive the hype, the salt and the greatness that was Apex 2015!

Check out the final part down below, which includes the 5 very best plays from Apex 2015. It's been a wild ride.

Check out Even Matchup Gaming's YouTube channel for more great Smash Bros content.
Also, be sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Twitch.
Have any suggestions for future EMG videos? Vote for clips using this form and let the creators know what they should make next.

TewnLeenk is a writer for Smashboards and thinks Apex 2015 was one of the most hype tournaments of all time. Follow and chat with him on Twitter @TewnLeenk.

Remobit

Smash Cadet
Smash is the greatest (fighting) game ever :b:
Wait till pokken tournament comes out it will be the street fighter of nintendo.

And of course the entire top 5 was Melee.

Of course.
Well its kinda obvious because of its fast moving mechanics. The harder it is to do the play the better it is. Unless of course you have a different point of view that you would like to share with the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yong Dekonk

Smash Apprentice
Why would they combine smash 4 and melee in one video. As a Sm4sh player I don't care about melee highlights and melee fans sure as hell don't care about Sm4sh highlights. Didn't we learn anything from Apex?

Last edited:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Great top 5 though I would of liked to see one of aMSa's Greninja plays on here it was too hype.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Something tells me that putting Peach plays on the number 1 slot of the Apex plays is a secret message trying to tell Armada: Stay Peach. Don't make your new main Fox like you said.

:peachmelee: > :foxmelee:

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
And of course the entire top 5 was Melee.

Of course.
To be fair, Smash 4 is still in infancy for it's meta, so it's kinda hard to be hyped for it when most of the matches were average to campy at best.

Why would they combine smash 4 and melee in one video. As a Sm4sh player I don't care about melee highlights and melee fans sure as hell don't care about Sm4sh highlights. Didn't we learn anything from Apex?
Apparently you didn't either. Even preferring Melee, that SSB4 team match with Sonic 2v1 a few videos back was kinda epic. Regardless, I don't believe it's impossible to like both or all (since there was SSB and had some pretty lulzy and epic moments) the highlights that were shown in these videos.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Throughout the entire series of videos:

What I saw: Melee, Melee, Smash 64, Smash for Wii U.

What the community saw: AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME.

What I wanted to see: Smash for Wii U, Melee, Smash 64 (and some Brawl but nobody likes that).

Of course I knew there would be a lot of Melee in this compilation, and I'm not trying to hate on Melee, but I'd like it better if there was some more variety. Of course, all 4 Smash games are usually played in these types of tournaments, but when you put together a video showcasing mostly only ONE of them, it kinda looks like you're forgetting about the other games. I've never played Melee, so I may have some bias. But us fans who like the new games can't exactly learn new techniques for those games when all we can see is Melee. I know I can't control which clips are made into the video, and I know my opinion is in the minority. But I'm kind of tired of finding "Top 10 ??? Smash Plays of ???" and only finding Melee.

Onyxsbayne

Smash Cadet
I wanted more Smash 4 clips, since I missed out a good chunk of Apex since I wasn't home most of the day. By the time I got home, Melee had just about started, and I really don't care for Melee. It sucks to see Smash 4 get shoved behind all the Melee madness.

Inb4 there's the one guy who's wondering where the Brawl hype is, (not hating on Brawl, it'd be nice to see a clip from that too).

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
I'm mainly a smash 4 player, but the harder plays should always be at the top, theres not alot of possible hard plays in smash 4 so of course its not going to be in the top 5.

If they would've put a smash 4 play higher on the list than a melee play just for the sake of diversity. Assuming the melee play would've been harder to pull off, it would've been SEVERE disrespect to the melee player investing so much time in practice to sharpen his skills.

Sm4sh doesn't deserve special treatment because its a new game, this has to be fair, the harder the play, the higher on the list. As simple as that.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I'm mainly a smash 4 player, but the harder plays should always be at the top, theres not alot of possible hard plays in smash 4 so of course its not going to be in the top 5.

If they would've put a smash 4 play higher on the list than a melee play just for the sake of diversity. Assuming the melee play would've been harder to pull off, it would've been SEVERE disrespect to the melee player investing so much time in practice to sharpen his skills.

Sm4sh doesn't deserve special treatment because its a new game, this has to be fair, the harder the play, the higher on the list. As simple as that.
Not sure if I'm misinterpreting this but yes, Smash 4 shouldn't receive special treatment. But it would be nice to have some variety in the top plays. Maybe we could have something like the harder the play is in that certain game, the higher it is on the list. EX: Top 5 plays= One hard play from Smash 64, one hard play from Melee, one hard play from Brawl (gonna get hated on for that one), one hard play from Smash 4, and then one, over the top, extremely hard play from whichever game that play was from. Of course, the hard plays from the 4 games don't have to be in my listed order, but instead in the order of how hard they are to do in their respective game.

VERMN75

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0533-5685-3324
God, I absolutely love watching Bizzaro Flame and his swanky play style.xD I want to see more Smashers like him.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
& here you have the Melee scene hogging the spotlight as usual.
#OneUnit

Top Bottom