• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

FireFury190

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. Just recently joined Smashboards to join in on the Elma discussion. While I wasn't a huge backer of her during the ballot as I wanted Fiora instead, I will say now that Elma is my most wanted character for Ultimate. I'm a big Xenoblade fan and always excited to see the chance of more characters from that series get in. I love Rex and Pyra but I want Elma more just because I felt she could be more unique in her fighting style and because I don't want any representation of X to get left behind. Even before I learned the project started back in December 2015.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I’m gonna try to make it a point to survey 100% of Mira before Elma is revealed

I’m gonna need a lot of luck though ;-; just got an Ares 90 and am still stumbling with some Tyrants, including that one in that cave in Noctilum that regenerates crazy fast
Oh! I remember that Tyrant. I had both Ares 90 and 70 AND another Skell you get after the final Boss (forgot it's Name but it could target multiple enemies with it's lazer at once, sh*ts op man) and i STILL couldn't beat that thing...its been way to long since i played Xenoblade X...

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I got some good personal news. I just bought Xenoblade Chronicles X. However, I won't have time to play it. It was $15 at Gamestop.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
I got some good personal news. I just bought Xenoblade Chronicles X. However, I won't have time to play it. It was $15 at Gamestop.
That's a heck of a deal, hope you enjoy it. I've been meaning to replay it ever since I finished XC2, but I haven't had the time for one reason or another.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh! I remember that Tyrant. I had both Ares 90 and 70 AND another Skell you get after the final Boss (forgot it's Name but it could target multiple enemies with it's lazer at once, sh*ts op man) and i STILL couldn't beat that thing...its been way to long since i played Xenoblade X...
Was it one of the level 60 Skells? Mastema White Reaper, Amdusias Hades, Lailah Queen, Formula Zero...no other names come to my mind rn but Verus has one too?

I think those come customizable from the start unlike the Ares ones but the weapon you speak of could be one of the Superweapons

Reeeeealllly debating getting those just to 100% Mira and then removing the super weapons for a fair fight against Telethia and the tyrants that aren’t needed to kill in order to survey

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
Hey everyone you can consider me a new supporter for Elma!

Elma is one of my most favorite character ever from the Xenoblade franchise and in gaming. I'm feeling pretty confident for her chances for this game so let's hope we'll be playing as her when it hits December 7.

Anyway want to say hi again :)

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Was it one of the level 60 Skells? Mastema White Reaper, Amdusias Hades, Lailah Queen, Formula Zero...no other names come to my mind rn but Verus has one too?

I think those come customizable from the start unlike the Ares ones but the weapon you speak of could be one of the Superweapons

Reeeeealllly debating getting those just to 100% Mira and then removing the super weapons for a fair fight against Telethia and the tyrants that aren’t needed to kill in order to survey
The skell i meant is called "US0860 Excavator" and yes it is a Level 60 skell. It was the first i got after the final Boss.
For some time i tried to 100% the game but i gave up after a while.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
This just shows how desperate I am.

I apologize everyone, I somehow though Elma was an actual thing. We still have to wait.
Honestly, aside from the mini-panic I went into, I'm actually relieved. I don't want the surprise of her reveal spoiled because of some Internet leak or underwhelming blog update that I'm not even looking for.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
You know i just had Xenoblade X on in the background because i wanted to look up a skell name...would have been an interesting coincidence if she was now confirmed. ^^

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Honestly, aside from the mini-panic I went into, I'm actually relieved. I don't want the surprise of her reveal spoiled because of some Internet leak or underwhelming blog update that I'm not even looking for.
Lol, it was just a little trolling.

I probably shouldn’t have said anything afterward. But imagine, in the drought we get a reveal out of nowhere, I kind of wanted to get a reaction out of this.

Though I do agree, an Elma reveal would be one of the most stress relieving moments right now, and I want to what people would say on the support thread.

:3

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Lol, it was just a little trolling.

I probably shouldn’t have said anything afterward. But imagine, in the drought we get a reveal out of nowhere, I kind of wanted to get a reaction out of this.

Though I do agree, an Elma reveal would be one of the most stress relieving moments right now, and I want to what people would say on the support thread.

:3
Well, I think we might need the excitement since the information drought looks like it's going to go on for a bit. There's only a week left in July, and it's looking more and more like the people who were hoping we would get one newcomer reveal every month won't get their wish.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
What does Elma's supporters believe her Alternate palette colors should be?
Either her fellow Xenoblade X party members like Lin, Cross, Irina, Gwin, Lao, Doug and Tatsu like Shulk had or her canon alternative armour colours in X. There's also the costume that would work extremely well but is very spoilery. Or an underwear alt like Shulk has.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
I think the majority of us agree that her alts would be the different color types of her Grenada Galactic Group Light Wear.
With possibly a certain spoiler outfit, since Sakurai has no problem spoiling games in Smash.
She could also use palate swaps of party members, but I don't like that idea as much.

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
I'd like one based on spoiler costume, if not the actual spoiler costume. Other than that, having alts based on the different tiers of Grenada light armour would be neat. Very unlikely but one based on the Ghosts would be amazing, dark, purple and spoopy.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tonight’s a music reveal.

What if we get a Xenoblade series track...but it’s not from Shulk’s game?

What if you see the name “Hiroyuki Sawano” for the composer?

Could well be an early hint at Elma, like how ACE was added as a music composer shortly before Shulk’s reveal

I want this to happen so badly aaaaaaa :bluejump:

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman

Could well be an early hint at Elma, like how ACE was added as a music composer shortly before Shulk’s reveal

That would be so hype!
But at the same time, that would drive my anxiety crazy, because I would be thinking things like
"What if it's just a reference to X" "What if it's just going to play in Gaur Plains?!"
What would be really cool is if the symbol next to the song had the X symbol, rather than the Monado. Then it would be truly hype!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

That would be so hype!
But at the same time, that would drive my anxiety crazy, because I would be thinking things like
"What if it's just a reference to X" "What if it's just going to play in Gaur Plains?!"
What would be really cool is if the symbol next to the song had the X symbol, rather than the Monado. Then it would be truly hype!
While NLA's a likely "teaser" pick, I'd want that to be saved for the stage reveal, and Uncontrollable's got to be saved for Elma's reveal. I'd instead be gunning for Black Tar. Its style is basically X's version of Mechanical Rhythm and I need to know that it's in Smash.

I just fear they'll end up trimming down X's longer songs like they did with the DK Rap, even if they're iconic.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
While NLA's a likely "teaser" pick, I'd want that to be saved for the stage reveal, and Uncontrollable's got to be saved for Elma's reveal. I'd instead be gunning for Black Tar. Its style is basically X's version of Mechanical Rhythm and I need to know that it's in Smash.

I just fear they'll end up trimming down X's longer songs like they did with the DK Rap, even if they're iconic.
Yea, that kind of worries me as well. I hope the songs are kept in their full glory, and of course have some remixes as well.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Sawano's music is owned by Sony Records if I'm not mistaken. That might be a licensing hurdle (mind Smash Bros is like an Olympic hurdle jump event). If any character were to be leaked by song it'd be Elma.

I don't mind if they cut songs down if they do it well, but I'm dying to see people's first reactions to some of the vocals.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Sawano's music is owned by Sony Records if I'm not mistaken. That might be a licensing hurdle (mind Smash Bros is like an Olympic hurdle jump event). If any character were to be leaked by song it'd be Elma.

I don't mind if they cut songs down if they do it well, but I'm dying to see people's first reactions to some of the vocals.
I'm not entirely sure about song rights and everything, but I assume that if it was in Xenoblade, which is a Nintendo game, I would think it wouldn't be too hard to get it in.

Plus, take this with a grain of salt, but I thought I saw somewhere that Sawano said he was interested in composing for Smash Bros.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Deleted.

Sorry, my image didn't load, should've checked the preview. :(

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Deleted.

Sorry, my image didn't load, should've checked the preview. :(
For some reason, attaching images AND using IMG tags isn’t working for some reason. It’ll hopefully be fixed in a few hours!

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
For some reason, attaching images AND using IMG tags isn’t working for some reason. It’ll hopefully be fixed in a few hours!
Good to know. It wasn't anything big, just an image of Elma thinking in response to the info on Sawano's secret recording session. All I'm getting is a server error, and when I thought I had it, it didn't actually load. Oh well.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Doesn’t Xenoblade 2’s latest patch hit soon, or has it already? If so, have they

found anything additional related to the datamined Elma Blade yet?

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Doesn’t Xenoblade 2’s latest patch hit soon, or has it already? If so, have they

It is supposed to be released tomorrow, the 27th. We should know something more about it in the next few days

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman

Well, at this point the datamine is 100% confirmed, which is nice! And I can't wait!

We don't know much other than, from what the dataminers told me, she will in fact be a playable blade. Other than that, as far as I know, there is no new information about her, other than she'll be in the next update, which they theorize might be in August. And, now that they have "You Will Know Our Names" in the game, what if you could also use "Uncontrollable" as well, when Elma gets added in?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, at this point the datamine is 100% confirmed, which is nice! And I can't wait!

We don't know much other than, from what the dataminers told me, she will in fact be a playable blade. Other than that, as far as I know, there is no new information about her, other than she'll be in the next update, which they theorize might be in August. And, now that they have "You Will Know Our Names" in the game, what if you could also use "Uncontrollable" as well, when Elma gets added in?
Think we could see a Smash trailer for her launch when she also debuts in Xenoblade 2?

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Think we could see a Smash trailer for her launch when she also debuts in Xenoblade 2?
I've been thinking about that for a while now! I'm thinking we'll get a direct soon, probably in August, showing off some more games Nintendo hasn't revealed yet, like they said they would do. And in there, they reveal Elma in XC2 as well as an X port, and end it with Elma in Smash.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about that for a while now! I'm thinking we'll get a direct soon, probably in August, showing off some more games Nintendo hasn't revealed yet, like they said they would do. And in there, they reveal Elma in XC2 as well as an X port, and end it with Elma in Smash.
Inkling was revealed alongside the Splatoon 2 3.0 update and Octoling Expansion, Rosalina was revealed alongside Mario Kart 8 footage (her trailer was even themed around it), and Shulk was revealed alongside Xenoblade 3D. Whenever there's an opportunity, character reveals will often coincide with gaming news relevant to them. I'd guarantee that if it's going to happen that way, you'll see Elma as the very next newcomer.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Inkling was revealed alongside the Splatoon 2 3.0 update and Octoling Expansion, Rosalina was revealed alongside Mario Kart 8 footage (her trailer was even themed around it), and Shulk was revealed alongside Xenoblade 3D. Whenever there's an opportunity, character reveals will often coincide with gaming news relevant to them. I'd guarantee that if it's going to happen that way, you'll see Elma as the very next newcomer.
Y'all gotta stop with this, my hopes are getting too high and imma be sad if this doesn't come to fruition, it just makes perfect sense

Last edited:

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard

If that turns out to be true, then I'm going to have to buy more DLC than just the Torna story, which is what I was planning on. Damn you, Monolith.

Top Bottom