• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Electronic Gaming League (EGL) to start doing SSBM tournies

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
I've been asked by a guy over at www.theegleague.com to post this about a series of events that this new league is planning on hosting. They recently decided to add SSBM to the lineup of games at the events, so read on:

"The Electronic Gaming League has just added SSBM tournaments to its line up. Its first event will be taking place in Washington D.C. Prize money and more information is being announced this week at there website www.theegleague.com Check it out.

Regards,

Jay"

I was specifically asked to post this for him. I dont know much about this, but I thought if he gets some support maybe that could get the ball rolling here.

UPDATE: People are free to contact him at TheEGLeague, on AOL instant messenger.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
$350 for first isn't bad. Might check out Chicago. Any idea who's running it?

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
KishPrime
$350 for first isn't bad. Might check out Chicago. Any idea who's running it?
350??? Are u ****ting me prime. U of all people should know 350 wont even buy u a box of donuts @ FC10. They really gotta step it up if they want a show of people. Underground tourneys in NY pull in over a G always. Paralax lan tourney pulled in over a G, it pulled in 1100 bux.........AND THEY ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE!

EGL def gotta step it up because as far as I know no one is going to travel for 300 bux.

- Dav3

technomancer

Smash Champion
Good call Gost. Still, I think if they see it show a profit, they'll step it up though, but for a $20/$40 entry fee, $350 for first is ridiculous; for a 32-man bracket (which is flat out an lol for MD/VA tournaments, we almost always get 60), that's barely 50% return.

Edit - Also considering a 3500 top prize for Halo2.

Edit - Also, only a half an hour for SSBM is booked on the schedule.

Vist

Smash Champion
The prize money is pretty small considering EGL is trying to be a major tournament organization like MLG. If the prize money stays at $350, not too many people outside of MD/VA will come.

And as technomancer pointed out, they don't seem to leave much time for the smash tournament(s) according to their schedule. Hopefully it just looks that way...

One other thing that concerns me: quite a few top Halo 2 players (some semi-pros as well) who placed at previous EGL events seem to be upset about not getting their money from the events. Last I heard, no one has received any of the prize money and now some of them are almost boycotting the organization. One guy had said that EGL was supposed to give the prizes at the actual tournament but then told the players that money would be sent to them (which has not happened yet).

Anyways, I hope EGL works things out. EGL DC could be huge for smash like MLG DC was back in 05. If another thread was made for the DC event with all the details that might be even better for spreading the waord.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
350??? Are u ****ting me prime. U of all people should know 350 wont even buy u a box of donuts @ FC10. They really gotta step it up if they want a show of people. Underground tourneys in NY pull in over a G always. Paralax lan tourney pulled in over a G, it pulled in 1100 bux.........AND THEY ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE!

EGL def gotta step it up because as far as I know no one is going to travel for 300 bux.

- Dav3
I understand what you mean, but you gotta keep in mind that they're JUST opening up for SSBM. If they made it like 5,000 and only like...10 people or so showed up, it wouldn't look good. Buy then, they should raise it at least to a 1,000 dollars.

And as technomancer pointed out, they don't seem to leave much time for the smash tournament(s) according to their schedule. Hopefully it just looks that way...
That is weird. They must've saw the game play and must've assumed that the fight was gonna be short. Unless they'll have 20 or so TVs playing, I can't see this lasting a half an hour.

aho43

Smash Lord
i'm gonna probably go to this, i hope they do well. if there are things to go to besides MLG that can only help the community, no need to be negative.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
I got in touch with Jay over AIM, because I've been frustrated by the fact that the EGL website has such poor amounts of information, and because people are starting to fear a scam. He told me that people are free to contact him over AIM, on his name TheEGLeague.

I was pretty skeptical from the start. I put my reputation at stake to give the guy a chance and he isn't really doing a great job of selling the idea. Hopefully for their sake, they can get things together and proove that they are both legit and serious about this.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, me and Jay are talking, and this is what we said so far.

RockinTH [7:33 PM]: hello
TheEGLeague [7:33 PM]: yo
RockinTH [7:33 PM]: my name is Rockin. I'm a member of Smashboards
TheEGLeague [7:34 PM]: k
RockinTH [7:34 PM]: i'm a bit concern about the Smash Bros. Melee tourtument in D.C.
TheEGLeague [7:34 PM]: Ok whats up
TheEGLeague [7:35 PM]: ?
RockinTH [7:36 PM]: well...first...it's the thought of the tourtument itself. With Brawl coming out next year, it's kinda late opening up for it, you know?
TheEGLeague [7:37 PM]: ok
TheEGLeague [7:37 PM]: So you want it cancelled?
RockinTH [7:37 PM]: no no.
TheEGLeague [7:38 PM]: lol
RockinTH [7:38 PM]: i don't want it cancelled. i have no right in the world for it to be cancelled. just wondering why wait for all this time to open it?
TheEGLeague [7:38 PM]: Basically we droped DoA and its to fill a void
TheEGLeague [7:38 PM]: We were never going to do smash
TheEGLeague [7:38 PM]: to differ ourselves from MLG
RockinTH [7:38 PM]: oh, i see.
TheEGLeague [7:38 PM]: but DoA has no base so we droped it
RockinTH [7:39 PM]: i understand...
TheEGLeague [7:39 PM]: and we shouldnt limit ourselves as a league because a game is in a different league
TheEGLeague [7:39 PM]: so thats kind of how it happened
RockinTH [7:40 PM]: well, what about the prize money? it seems really low, even on third. they pay $20 and when they get in third, they gain $10 extra
TheEGLeague [7:40 PM]: Ok what do other tournamets pay
TheEGLeague [7:40 PM]: thats my first question
RockinTH [7:40 PM]: i don't expect it to be like 5,000 or anything, but try to make it worth it for the trip.
RockinTH [7:43 PM]: well, i see that they put money in the pot. for each person that pays, they put the money in there. first prize winners gets 65-75% of the money, 2nd gets about 25%, and 3rd gets the rest of the percent
RockinTH [7:43 PM]: but, that's when it comes to small touruments that's not like MLG
TheEGLeague [7:43 PM]: Ok so wont you be more disappointed when only 10 show up
TheEGLeague [7:44 PM]: So u would rather have a non guaranteed amount
TheEGLeague [7:44 PM]: and a percentage
TheEGLeague [7:44 PM]: Even if we look at mlg
RockinTH [7:44 PM]: if i was you, yes, but again, the way the other tourys do it is small because about 20 people maximum would show. it's not a big attraction like MLG
TheEGLeague [7:44 PM]: the same 5 people win the top 5 at mlg
TheEGLeague [7:44 PM]: which leaves 6th 7th and 8th left
TheEGLeague [7:44 PM]: means not much winnings available
TheEGLeague [7:44 PM]: so we actually are equal to mlg if u look at it
TheEGLeague [7:45 PM]: considering those top players will take it
RockinTH [7:47 PM]: like i said, that thing i gave you was tourtuments that are smaller. if it was big like ya, i would say that first prize gets at least....like 600 or 700
RockinTH [7:47 PM]: like i said, it doesn't have to be that exact amount, but make the last place areas be on or over 100
RockinTH [7:48 PM]: if anything, make the same place areas be like the ones in Halo 2 tourtuments
TheEGLeague [7:48 PM]: Ok how about if we reach a certain quota prizes go up
RockinTH [7:49 PM]: that would be good
RockinTH [7:49 PM]: but how much would it be to start with?
TheEGLeague [7:49 PM]: Like if we reach 50 people we can do 500 250 100
TheEGLeague [7:49 PM]: or
TheEGLeague [7:50 PM]: the other option is
TheEGLeague [7:50 PM]: we drop doubles and up the singles prize money
TheEGLeague [7:50 PM]: but i felt people wanted both
RockinTH [7:50 PM]: people do want both
RockinTH [7:50 PM]: people likes to play singles and others like to play doubles.
RockinTH [7:54 PM]: just hold on, let me ask the people.
RockinTH [7:54 PM]: members*
TheEGLeague [7:54 PM]: lol
TheEGLeague [7:54 PM]: ok

Please tell me what you think about his offer and such. he seems to be a nice guy, but he just doesn't have a good grasp of the popularity of Smash.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Well if it's just this guy and not a corporation...

First off, they might as well do a pot split. They obviously don't know anything about turnout, and if it is in DC the might very well get 50+ people. 50+ at $20 apiece is a $1000 pot, which is more than they are currently offering. The fact is, almost no one wants to go to a tournament where the hosts keep a slice of it (Except FC where we steal half the pot to buy chips from Mexico).

Secondly, the time constraint. Realistically, how long do they have budgeted for Smash, and how many setups are available? This isn't like DOA, it takes far, far longer to run Smash than DOA.

Those are my major concerns for now, we can address minor concerns later.

By the way Dave, I never said it was a good pot for traveling. Just a decent pot for a local tournament. We don't all live in a giant community like New York. >_<

EDIT: New major concern for me:
RockinTH [8:07 PM]: well, i got a question. after they win, do they get the money on that same day?
TheEGLeague [8:07 PM]: generally not
RockinTH [8:08 PM]: how come?
TheEGLeague [8:09 PM]: Money comes from sponsors not us

and...
"the money comes from the sponsors. if they're not getting the money, that's who they need to speak to i guess."

The guy isn't even taking responsibility for the prizes, which is completely unprofessional. Scares me off good.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, here's the rest of the convo. notice that we worked out most of the problem. The only thing that couldn't be exactly fixed was the prize issue.

RockinTH [7:59 PM]: so far, i kinda think the prize system has improved
TheEGLeague [7:59 PM]: ?
RockinTH [8:00 PM]: i mean, the better offer you're giving us. the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prize
TheEGLeague [8:02 PM]: so ur saying up it if we reach 50 do that
RockinTH [8:03 PM]: well yeah. if more people come then expected, then you should raise the prize money up
RockinTH [8:04 PM]: but you see, in order to get that fifty, you gotta advertize
TheEGLeague [8:04 PM]: Where u from?
TheEGLeague [8:04 PM]: and theres not much to advertise except smash boards
RockinTH [8:05 PM]: I'm from New York, and I don't have a car, so I can't travel to D.C.
TheEGLeague [8:05 PM]: and I can never reach the owner
TheEGLeague [8:05 PM]: so its kind of hard to market any smash tourney
TheEGLeague [8:05 PM]: are there any other smash sites?
RockinTH [8:06 PM]: not that i know of, and I didn't exactly mean go to other forums.
TheEGLeague [8:06 PM]: oh
RockinTH [8:07 PM]: well, i got a question. after they win, do they get the money on that same day?
TheEGLeague [8:07 PM]: generally not
RockinTH [8:08 PM]: how come?
TheEGLeague [8:09 PM]: Money comes from sponsors not us
TheEGLeague [8:09 PM]: brb
RockinTH [8:09 PM]: okay
RockinTH [8:31 PM]: are you back yet?
TheEGLeague [8:31 PM]: sorry denver flights are cancelled im trying to figure out plans
TheEGLeague [8:31 PM]: u can type
TheEGLeague [8:31 PM]: but wont respond super fast
RockinTH [8:32 PM]: okay. well, i also need to talk to you about the prices for the toury.
TheEGLeague [8:32 PM]: Ok
RockinTH [8:32 PM]: 20 is fine for singles, but you should make the double fee to $10 or $15 a peice
RockinTH [8:33 PM]: that way, in peices, one teamate will have ten, his/her other teamate have the other peice, making it a toal of 20 or 35 dollars
TheEGLeague [8:33 PM]: hm..
RockinTH [8:34 PM]: it just helps. one person won't pay 40 just so two can be counted for.
TheEGLeague [8:34 PM]: two are counted for though
TheEGLeague [8:35 PM]: 40 is for both players
RockinTH [8:35 PM]: sorry if i feel like a pain and such. i'm just trying to help
TheEGLeague [8:35 PM]: no ur not
TheEGLeague [8:35 PM]: i want this to work out
TheEGLeague [8:35 PM]: ur helping
TheEGLeague [8:35 PM]: weve never done smash
TheEGLeague [8:35 PM]: we want it to be a sucess
RockinTH [8:35 PM]: good ^^
TheEGLeague [8:35 PM]: just doing other things so i cant respond super fast
RockinTH [8:36 PM]: well, most to other people pay their fee by their credit/debit card. taking 40 out just to pay for the two is...well...kinda weird.
RockinTH [8:37 PM]: considering that it's a team effort
TheEGLeague [8:37 PM]: Ok so make each pay there own way
RockinTH [8:37 PM]: so, one person pays half, the other person pays half
TheEGLeague [8:37 PM]: I can do that
RockinTH [8:37 PM]: yeah
RockinTH [8:38 PM]: I feel the best way that you can really make it a success is if you join the smashboards forum. i mean, several people who run touries join that forum.
TheEGLeague [8:38 PM]: any in the d.c. area?
RockinTH [8:39 PM]: that way, they're that much closer to talking with them. if they're problem with the toury, they can be talked out.
RockinTH [8:39 PM]: they should be.
TheEGLeague [8:39 PM]: want to find me someone to work with
TheEGLeague [8:39 PM]: in that area
RockinTH [8:39 PM]: there's smash players everywhere in the world. in the US, europe, japan, even canada
RockinTH [8:39 PM]: smash is almost just as big as Halo
TheEGLeague [8:40 PM]: yea but anyone that runs tournies
TheEGLeague [8:40 PM]: wasnt sure if u knew anyone
RockinTH [8:40 PM]: hold on, i'll check
TheEGLeague [8:41 PM]: brb again u can type
RockinTH [8:42 PM]: okay
RockinTH [8:55 PM]: well, i couldn't find anyone at the moment, but you could join in and look around at several topic touries and see how they run it. their results and all
RockinTH [8:59 PM]: in the group, there's a section of each part of the globe. there's a spot where there's Washington smashers and smashers that's around the Washington state
RockinTH [9:09 PM]: are you still there?
TheEGLeague [9:10 PM]: yea
RockinTH [9:10 PM]: okay, we need to talk about the length of time
RockinTH [9:10 PM]: of the tourtument
TheEGLeague [9:11 PM]: ?
TheEGLeague [9:11 PM]: if it needs to go longer it will
RockinTH [9:11 PM]: for one thing, it's not as short as it seems. especially if at least 30 people come
TheEGLeague [9:11 PM]: we have 2 hours scheduled in for Smash
RockinTH [9:12 PM]: that's too short. it needs to be longer. 3 or so hours longer
RockinTH [9:12 PM]: well, maybe 3 hours longer.
TheEGLeague [9:12 PM]: We will have 4-8 stations
TheEGLeague [9:12 PM]: if it needs to be longer so be it
TheEGLeague [9:12 PM]: we wont end a tourney short
RockinTH [9:14 PM]: okay. we need the toury to start from 1 to 6. or 12 to 5.
RockinTH [9:14 PM]: In the meantime, before the tourtument starts, TVs could be turn on so people can have friendlies.
RockinTH [9:15 PM]: friendlies are games that they play, but it doesn't count for tourtument matches. in other words, like practices or just plain having fun
TheEGLeague [9:16 PM]: yea they will be on all day and night
RockinTH [9:16 PM]: okay
RockinTH [9:22 PM]: so...why does the halo ones have a bigger prize ratio?
RockinTH [9:24 PM]: and where does the smash money go once people pay?
TheEGLeague [9:38 PM]: Halo has a bigger prize ratio because the halo community will show
RockinTH [9:38 PM]: i see.
RockinTH [9:39 PM]: well, i still suggest that you do the pot ratio thing. you know, 70% of it goes to 1st, 20% goes to 2nd, and 10% of it goes to 3rd
TheEGLeague [9:40 PM]: i know i wouldnt go if its not a guaranteed prize thats all
RockinTH [9:40 PM]: the thing is, people would get a bit suspecious if neither the people or the sponsors are giving them the prize money. they would feel jipped and that could result in a bad situation
RockinTH [9:40 PM]: what do you mean garanteed?
TheEGLeague [9:41 PM]: i think the prizes are better then ur thinking look at ur ratio
TheEGLeague [9:41 PM]: to reach what were paying u already need 25 people
TheEGLeague [9:42 PM]: if were under that the payouts are less
TheEGLeague [9:42 PM]: and thats only for singles
TheEGLeague [9:42 PM]: then u need another 25 for doubles
TheEGLeague [9:42 PM]: so we need 50 people
TheEGLeague [9:42 PM]: plus that includes no profit to the company yet
TheEGLeague [9:43 PM]: EGL would have to take some amount of the money to pay bills etc
RockinTH [9:45 PM]: i kinda see what your saying.
RockinTH [9:46 PM]: wait wait...
RockinTH [9:47 PM]: he said nevermind about those comments.
RockinTH [9:48 PM]: okay, you don't have to do the pot thing, but make the prize is worth it, you know?

Now, notice at the end of of my replies when I said 'wait wait....' apparantly, that's when the mod, Krisprime didn't like this at all (because i forward what jay's last few replies was).

Apparantly he's doesn't approve of this at all. I would say more, but I rather let Krisprime speaks this out.

Also, Krisprime said I deserve a chocolate cookie for this assignment. ^o^

KishPrime

BRoomer
lol...thanks Rockin for the research.

To me, your whole business model is out of whack. You clearly have done no research into our community. You want to profit off of the entry fees, and have shifted blame for prize money onto the sponsors. You claim there's no way to advertise other than Smashboards. You don't even bother to make an account to promote your tournament, instead having Grid post it up. You are offering nothing that an independent tournament cannot offer, in fact it is worse than an indie tournament in every way, much less an MLG. There is less time, less setups, and you're taking a slice of the pot. Even if you do your guaranteed prizes, if the tournament has an even halfway decent turnout you'll still rake in more money than payout, even without including your sponsor money.

Just seems like you don't have anything to offer. The Gamestop tournaments I ran had more setups, and more time, not even counting my vast other tournament-running experience. I say this not to be mean, but as a member of a community that still remembers the VGames. <_<

aho43

Smash Lord
lol...thanks Rockin for the research.

To me, your whole business model is out of whack. You clearly have done no research into our community. You want to profit off of the entry fees, and have shifted blame for prize money onto the sponsors. You claim there's no way to advertise other than Smashboards. You don't even bother to make an account to promote your tournament, instead having Grid post it up. You are offering nothing that an independent tournament cannot offer, in fact it is worse than an indie tournament in every way, much less an MLG. There is less time, less setups, and you're taking a slice of the pot. Even if you do your guaranteed prizes, if the tournament has an even halfway decent turnout you'll still rake in more money than payout, even without including your sponsor money.

Just seems like you don't have anything to offer. The Gamestop tournaments I ran had more setups, and more time, not even counting my vast other tournament-running experience. I say this not to be mean, but as a member of a community that still remembers the VGames. <_<
You have to understand that EGL is a new circuit, how much were MLG prizes in 2005? Do you recall when people were complaining about MLG not giving people their money? MLG also pays its prizes through sponsorships. Many people had to wait awhile for their prize money because MLG was waiting for sponsorship money to come through, when it did and MLG became more popular they raised the prizes, and gave out money faster. From what I understand many Halo players attend these tournaments, and it's not like they are held in some shack, they are held in hotel venues. The money you are paying to enter the tournament doesn't go to the pot, its to pay for the tournament. People are being overly harsh towards EGL by comparing it to the current state of MLGs.

If anyone from EGL is reading this, the Maryland/Virginia community which would be the primary attendees to this tournament(the Washington DC tournament) regularly have 30-40 person tournaments every week/ every other week. Compared to MLG, $350 isnt a huge sum of money, but it is definitely more than 1st place gets at our local tournaments. Prize money for first rarely exceeds $200. If you do raise the prize to $500 for reaching a 50 person quota that would definitely make it worthwhile for non-local tournament goers to attend.

MLG DC(2005) only had 8-10 setups. MLG NYC(season opener) didn't have more than 16 if I remember correctly. You can't expect a startup circuit to have all the same resources as someone who has been around for a couple years. If you want them to have bigger prizes the community has to support them by going to their tournaments. The prize money might not make it worthwhile for out of staters, but for someone like me who lives right next to Washington, DC, its definitely more than I'd stand to make at a local tournament. I'm going to this, and my teammate Fonz most likely is too. I can't speak for the rest of Team Arlington, but I'll definitely be promoting this tournament at our website, that is regularly viewed by the MD/VA community.

www.teamarlington.net

/shameless plug

Good luck to EGL. Everyone else who is giving negative criticism, I'll let you know how this tourney goes after I attend it. Its not fair to write them off without giving them a chance.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well, I'm not saying that EGL is a scam. I just feel a bit uncertain on how it's run and such. If you'll still go, then good luck out there! ^^

well, i convinced him to put the double fee to either 10 or 15 dollars a peice. it'll be easier when two team members pay.

even though he'll make the time thing go from 1 to 6 PM, krishprime still says it's a bit too short for both singles and doubles, so it'll have to be stretched farther.

all in all, he's a bit clueless about the smash, so if you go there, just be a bit careful guys.

aho43

Smash Lord
Well, I'm not saying that EGL is a scam. I just feel a bit uncertain on how it's run and such. If you'll still go, then good luck out there! ^^

well, i convinced him to put the double fee to either 10 or 15 dollars a peice. it'll be easier when two team members pay.

even though he'll make the time thing go from 1 to 6 PM, krishprime still says it's a bit too short for both singles and doubles, so it'll have to be stretched farther.

all in all, he's a bit clueless about the smash, so if you go there, just be a bit careful guys.
He said he'll take as much time as needed so who cares what the schedule says anyways. It's not like their starting at 4pm. 1-8pm should be plenty of time to run pools for singles/doubles and a 16/32 man bracket. Personally I don't care about the entrance fee being 15 vs 20 for teams. It's up to them.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Aho, I'm not trying to criticize just for the sake of criticism. That's not my personality. In light of some of the comments that he himself made I was just pointing out that he seems very reluctant to accept responsibility for anything, especially prize money. Maybe it was a miscommunication, but it sounds like he's waiting for the sponsors themselves to write checks to the players.

It seems like DOA didn't work out and so he just tossed in Smash to try to make up some attendance without any research whatsoever, as opposed to coming in and asking questions.

Anyway, I still might go the Chicago event, depending on your report. As a capitalist, I'm all for competition and more tournaments, but I try and protect the community too. Perhaps I'm overstepping my bounds, or maybe I'm still bitter about VGames.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
St.Louis is my backyard, so I will consider taking me and the crew there. But Im still pretty weary about this, and Im not sure that Darkrain's crew would travel to St.Louis for it, even if they almost always make it to the STL tournies.

Im not really sure what to expect with this. You cant even register for smash yet, as the DoA registration is still up. This site isnt very good.

Perfect Legend

Smash Rookie
DOA didn't work out well because all the EGL tournaments were held on DOA Community majors. He also didn't do any kind of advertizing on DOACentral and just had people post about the tournament like what he is doing on here to promote EGL.

Also I went to EGL Columbus back in september and still have not been paid for getting first place, and I know Sorwah who won St Louis still hasn't got paid from that event either.

I have been contacting him everyday about my prize winnings but he continously ignores me, or says "brb" or "sorry busy".

Vist

Smash Champion
Also I went to EGL Columbus back in september and still have not been paid for getting first place, and I know Sorwah who won St Louis still hasn't got paid from that event either.

I have been contacting him everyday about my prize winnings but he continously ignores me, or says "brb" or "sorry busy".
heard the same kind of thing happen to the halo players. i really hope egl / this guy turns things around =/

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im going as well assuming i can get off work. people should chill with the negativity

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I know it's on the TA site, but my computer can't run java so I can't see the registration page. Do I have to register online? Or can I just show up? Do I have to stay at that hotel. It would be cheaper for me to drive there and back instead of staying there overnight.

Don't flame me for not looking it up on the website, my computer doesn't run java and I can't upgrade it.

Vist

Smash Champion
I know it's on the TA site, but my computer can't run java so I can't see the registration page. Do I have to register online? Or can I just show up? Do I have to stay at that hotel. It would be cheaper for me to drive there and back instead of staying there overnight.

Don't flame me for not looking it up on the website, my computer doesn't run java and I can't upgrade it.
You don't have to register online, but registering online is the only way to guarantee a spot for you (just like a MLG). Also, staying at the hotel is completely optional.

If you have any other questions, take a look at the EGL DC thread I made for this next event specifically. It has all the information available on the site as of now. Here's the thread in case you miss it: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=92937

LEminicon

Smash Rookie
You have to start somewhere...
Let's trust these guys smashers. And don't tell Azen and Ken

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
That's worrying, what Perfect Legend said.

Everyone watch out for incompetence, and if you don't get your prize money, don't say you weren't warned.

Top Bottom