• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El paso TMS - brawl/melee tournament Nov. 14th-16th (MK is banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
That has to be the worst thread I've ever read Arturo. Actually, it was pretty good for some laughs.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
You know I would be there, but my GF will kill me if I go out of town again. Let me know when the next tournament is, even if it is small. Have fun!

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
well.... i got some bad news.

i just talked to dastrn and he said that he won't be able to go to el paso. that means that i, and a few others, do not have a ride anymore. :/

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Phew. That Ike thread was fun last night. Anyway, who all isn't coming now? Just "borrow" a car from someone. If you return it I'm sure they won't mind.

Team Xpansion Pocket

Smash Rookie
as awkward as this may sound... what cupcake flavor is better... Lemon, or Party mix.

Team Xpansion is taking some courtesy of GeeDeth (since she loves baking and i doubt anyone hates cupcakes)

and vermillion i read on these posts this would be your last tourney man... how come?

Team Xpansion Pocket

Smash Rookie
deal she got all giddy and excited when i told her people actually picked one.
she'll be in the tourney too...running sonic.

is anybody going to major players tomorrow...we are planning on going and jamming out some game sessions.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I couldn't get 3 weekends off work in a row so I'm skipping out on this tournament. I would rather go to Oh Snap.

Sorry.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Wait, seriously? It's just going to be El Paso and New Mexico now? Fail.

New Mexico will still come, but I want you to be completely honest: What is now the expected attendance to this tournament?

Also, either I have a really awesome job, or everyone else has really ****ty jobs. I requested four months off of work and got it without question. Awesome.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Wait, seriously? It's just going to be El Paso and New Mexico now? Fail.

New Mexico will still come, but I want you to be completely honest: What is now the expected attendance to this tournament?

Also, either I have a really awesome job, or everyone else has really ****ty jobs. I requested four months off of work and got it without question. Awesome.
We are still aiming for at least 70 or more now, for you guys its still worth it. Ill just win this and go to oh snap....
MY job is cool as **** too

Team Xpansion Pocket

Smash Rookie
i spread the word with a bunch of my friends from j town so hopefully they will be able to attend, if they do expect about 10 of them to join bot the singles and doubles.

it suks how some people just weren't able to make it in the end, but hey i guess there is always next time, and to all of the local cats that say they are going...if you dont...thats just sad.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
i spread the word with a bunch of my friends from j town so hopefully they will be able to attend, if they do expect about 10 of them to join bot the singles and doubles.

it suks how some people just weren't able to make it in the end, but hey i guess there is always next time, and to all of the local cats that say they are going...if you dont...thats just sad.
Nice the more people the better. Who are you? have we met before?

Team Xpansion Pocket

Smash Rookie
the name's pocket. i think we have i'm that dude with the glasses that was rollin with killjoi last tuesday, i'm new to the smash scene but a long time tournament player in both halo 3 and guitar hero. I like seeing good turnouts in tournaments and since i have a bunch a peeps i know that game both here and in j town i try my hardest to get alot of people there.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
If we do have a good turnout i would love to be part of a huge group so we can arrange like a yearly fest with a bunch tournament for popular games. Halo, gears, COD and smash

TengenToppaTetsuya

Smash Cadet
We still having that smashfest thing on friday? For MMs and stuff? I wont be there on thursday, so wondering if we are still holding the smashfest on friday?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
They don't know us by our real names.

me, Xion, Sliraobe_God, Kitsune, and Dekar.

Unfortunately AlphaBravo isn't coming, so you'll only have to lose to Sliraobe_God and Kitsune in Melee.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Thanks for clearing up the names lol. What about sinz?? he should drive on his own for one day. If he is the best wouldn't he make some money on his own anyways???

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm going to put the balls on the table and say I'm better than him.

Last time he said he was better than me I asked if he wanted to prove it in a money match and he never responded.

Also, the best in NM would probably be:
1. Sinz
2. AlphaBravo
3. Me
4. GoldenGlove

Team Xpansion Pocket

Smash Rookie
if anybody from NM wins i'm buying him dinner...called it.

Oh and i got some buddies going from Team Alpha Psyche too they said they're spreading the word and even made this cool little flyer.

also are you guys good and everything with t.v.s and systems...how long are we expecting this to last...its still singles on saturday and doubles on sunday right?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
everybody keeps putting shodown after TMS. The S stands for showdown...

besides that its a kool flyer but its a bit late to pass them out now since theres only 2 days left. Also bring as many TVs and wiis as you can. we really have no idea of how long this will be but the 63 people tournament lasted like 6 hours I think and the more set ups the faster it will go especially during pools.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
More setups the better. We'll probably be able to bring one.

Awesome flyer. Be prepared to buy me dinner, by the way. Don't worry, I'm not a pricey date.

Take our Money Showdown Showdown? Just adds emphasis to the showdown part B)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
oh, fun, ill be there since im giving skyler a ride, so you can put me on the list for attendents:)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
if anybody from NM wins i'm buying him dinner...called it.

Oh and i got some buddies going from Team Alpha Psyche too they said they're spreading the word and even made this cool little flyer.

also are you guys good and everything with t.v.s and systems...how long are we expecting this to last...its still singles on saturday and doubles on sunday right?
Don't forget MK is banned.

Also, Davis I didn't respond to MM because i have no money :/
Gotta have money to mm people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom