• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EGL Washington, DC - Jan 19-21st

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
Since I signed up yesterday, I don't need to be there until 12-2 P.M. right????

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I would recommend a little before 12 anyway, to get warmed-up/practice.

I'll be there with TAK around 9:45. =D

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Doll is amazing, best tournament in recent memory.

<3 Doll
<3 Blues
<3 Chu
<3 Chillin >_>
<3 Kaiser

<3 Everyone more later.

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
If I knew the singles was going to start at five, then I wouldn't have shown up so early... By the time it started, I wanted to leave...

It was my first tournament, and I guess I had a pretty decent time there... One question though, are all tournaments like that? Because that (to me) look like a mess. There was nearly no organization... If I knew that it was going to be like that, I wouldn't have signed up for tournament play. I would have showed up just for free play. No spectator pass required.

I think I may head down toward the next tournament near my area. I admit I had a nice time there, and I got some good human experience which is what I really wanted. I was mostly afraid of being four-stocked, and that didn't happen.

I felt like an oddball in there. Everybody knew each other, and I had no idea who anybody was.... Also, I was probably the only one there playing Mario...

Nurok

Smash Lord
soooo...
who won?
who got third? second?
and where is red on the top 20 shiz.
and to this guy up there^^^ no johns. just like talk to people. Smashers are just so fuxing awesome. And don't be afraid to get four stocked. just like... learn form teh experience
words of wisdom from the ultimate jew.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
If I knew the singles was going to start at five, then I wouldn't have shown up so early... By the time it started, I wanted to leave...

It was my first tournament, and I guess I had a pretty decent time there... One question though, are all tournaments like that? Because that (to me) look like a mess. There was nearly no organization... If I knew that it was going to be like that, I wouldn't have signed up for tournament play. I would have showed up just for free play. No spectator pass required.

I think I may head down toward the next tournament near my area. I admit I had a nice time there, and I got some good human experience which is what I really wanted. I was mostly afraid of being four-stocked, and that didn't happen.

I felt like an oddball in there. Everybody knew each other, and I had no idea who anybody was.... Also, I was probably the only one there playing Mario...
Oh joo so cute. I wasn't at this tournament due to random reasons but I hear it's the first time ELG holds a smash tournament so don't be too harsh to judge. You should definitely come to C3, it's gonna be huge.

And its okay to feel out of place, I felt out of place at my first tournament too, but just play and make friends. Ill give you a hug next time I see you, but I dont even know who you are so whatev. lawl.

Vist

Smash Champion
whew, definitely a fun tournament.

EGL DC was like a slightly smaller version of MLG DC back in 05. There was a good amount of set-ups there and I felt like there was a lot of opportunity for friendlies compared to other tournaments I've been to lately. The singles and team tournaments seemed to go by at a decent pace even with the lack of organization. Props to aho (greg too?) for running the brackets etc.

I believe there was quite a few upsets in the tournament, so i'm looking forward to seeing the complete results, brackets and whatnot.

I played pretty consistent today, for a change. My falco was a little weak but it's better than my usual inconsistency. I was really hoping I might do well enough to be considered for the md a-team, but it's all good. I was coughing a lot b/c of some bronchitis stuff that hasn't gone away yet; my apologies to anyone bothered by that ****.

some shout-outs:
EGL Mike/Jtyme- nice meeting you man, thanks for your help.
cmart- good stuff in teams. I definitely think you should be on the MD B team, no questions asked.
oro- man we had some crazy matches, good to see you doing tournaments again
fonz- craziest mindgames today was when you double blind picked me and went peach...i was like 'oh f*ck........' LOL good stuff man
redd- im glad you did well man, redd = too good
chozenone- nice jiggs man, your rest attempts definitely gave me more of a problem than i'm used to with jiggs. see you next time, good sir.
israfel- nice peach mangz.

everone else- good stuff and ill see u all next time

FOB

Smash Ace
lol I had a lot of fun at this Tourney.
<3 Richmond. You guys are all to great. ... Almost as great.. as Cinnamon Toast Crunch. ^_^

Korn- Good **** at teams. yay for Double knees!!

K.C. - lolz you are so much fun to play smash with! gosh. We were screaming the whole time. ^_^

Gosh that crew battle was crazy. Tope was on fire.

I want to be on B team. T_T

EDIT: J TYME is a cool guy. He has a bad rep though...

Aero

Smash Journeyman
tope - was on fire today, good ****
korn - much love, show up to more stuff
zeros - good falco (i'll get revenge haha)
cyrain - good fox (i'll get revenge haha)
nelo - lol you're such a fruitcake ^_^
redd - should've beaten wife lol :(
chozen - lol
doll - roy's roy haha
jtyme - deserves more love
chu - i want your training
ck - **** we are amazing when we aren't screwing up
kirbstir - stirred my kirbs (i have to figure out edgeguarding now)
greg - regulated my g's (i have to figure out everything now)
blues - is amazing
jasona - sexy match

Fonz

Smash Ace
Teams
Husband and wife
KM and Chu
kaiser and azen?....

Singles
i dont really remember =p

1/2 Chillin and chu i didnt stay for all the finals
3rd KM i think
awful =P

doubles:
1. Husband/Wife
2. Km/Chu
3. Chillin/Chinesah

singles:
1. Azen
2. Chillin
3. Chu
4. Km
5. Tope/Wife

g-regulate

Smash Hero
azen - 1st
chillin - 2nd
chu - 3rd
KM - 4th
Tope - 5th
kirbstir - 7th
g-reg - 9th
Redd - 9th
doll - 13th

man that was like team Virginia anal distruction

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
the crew battle will speak for itself.

va goin down faster than g-reg is a spelling bee. get outa here

Wife

Smash Lord
Today was a fun tournament. Good to be back in the local scene.

Good matches to everyone I played.
It was a good setup, too, hope EGL throws more tournies.

And I'm stoked for C3 and Cosmic Bowling 3 and *Pound* 2.

Respek.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
haha poor jon

good stuff at EGL, i heard about 70 were in singles. that's hella more of a turnout than expected. congrats to everyone who placed and whatnot :]

aho43

Smash Lord
good **** everybody, i have a few vids. I'll put up full results later today.

Tope: sorry i got angry after you beat me. nothing against you <3. i just wasnt happy with how i was playing. good **** beating me. i might start sheik dittoing you. -_-.

Chozenone: likewise sorry i got angry at you, im not a consolable person, i'll tend to bite the hand the hand that tries to pet my head. pride and such, sorry. good ****

chu: thanks for not wobbling me. that **** is mad good and gay.

team ben: good stuff showing up to this and taking teams and stuff. good ****

bracelet: i should've taken you off. good ****.

fonz: we'll be nastier next time. good ****.

km: good ****.

g-reg: knee knee knee. who does that? good ****.

kirbstir: didn't see you play all day really, cept vs oro. good ****. koreans ftw.

travis: good **** beating husband and being awesome. good ****

kaiser: good **** in friendlies after the tournament. good ****.

doll: upsmash. good ****.

redd: definitely got way better since the last time i played you. good ****.

plank: good **** beating fonz.

vist: come to my house for more training and help me break in my new controller. good ****.

janet: way to not go. good ****.

ck: you got to play my rarely sighted amazing marth. good ****.

cyrain, nelo, isra: you guys get better everyime i see you guys. good job team richmond. good ****.

omni: i dunno what you did all day, your lil brother need to stay away from my computer. good ****.

zeps: your hair is crazy, i beat you badly, good ****. keep practicing.

kc cloud: sorry i didn't get any friendlies with you. by the time i was free to do matches i was dejected and no longer in a mode where i desired to play melee. next time.

tak$: didn't play you, good ****.

aero: good ****. rest more.

there were alot of peeps. sorry pools weren't done, but if we did pools nobody woulda been outta there til midnight, at best. Maybe EGL should consider doing melee both days instead of just one day. Depending on turnout.

EGL: you guys were a little understaffed for melee. i enjoyed myself tho. if me and g-reg weren't there the tounrament would've been a disaster tho, imo. here are some suggestions.

1) get more stations
2) number them
3) get volunteers/staff to run several stations and call matches
4) have a computer for running brackets, and a printer for printing out pool sheets, ****ty 6 year old PC would probably do the trick for this
5) do smash both days, teams + pools on day 1, whatever is left to do on day 2.
6) definitely continue allowing smashers to bring their own setups, once you have enough official setups, having player brought setup friendlies will definitely make all the participants happy. unlike at MLGs where finding an open TVs for friendlies is hard to come by, unless you're pro.

See everyone at Chudat's next week, c3 week after that, and then catonsville the week after that. sorry if i forgot anyone in my shoutouts.

wtf I forgot hova: numnumnum. training sometime this week hopefully. boy.

cmart

Smash Lord
Wow this was a lot of fun, and even though it seemed unorganized it was actually run pretty **** well from where I was sitting. I also enjoyed all the setups making it easy to get matchups with people. I hate waiting in lines.

Vist- Thanks, and I really enjoyed teaming with you. You're the only partner I've had who was there almost everytime I rested to save me. That **** deserves a medal.
Hova- Scrubs suck. I hope you got drunk later.
Anyone I got friendlies in with- Thanks for the matches, I really enjoyed playing everyone.
Aero- How'd your match with Jasona go?
Fob- Good Doc vs Jiggz skills. Watch those doc punch approaches though. That **** gets you killed if your not careful.
Korn- You were actually a lot of fun to play.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
In the words of Adam.. Good **** Everybody.

Tope- Wow.. your **** was on yesterday.. We def need more matches. If I lost to anyone yesterday I'm glad it was you. We need to finish that crew battle, but this time we'll have Masa, and you'll have Meep... and don't think i won't get you with more Roll-Rest ;) Chozen <3 Tope.

Aho- Good **** good sir. We need to take this game less seriously. Seriously. Your Marth is a beast. Your Fox is a beast. If you had a dog it too would be a beast, and attack Virginians. Good Shizz. Chozen <3 Aho.

Chu- Wake up on time son!! Chozen <3 Chu.

Husband- Beast. Your Marth is some scary ****. You+Wife are Fuxing with incredible. Next tourney i'm bringin some ladys ;) Chozen <3 Husband.

Wife- Beast. Why did you make Doll good. Chozen <3 Wife.

Oro- I think i said hi.. well... bye. Chozen <3 Oro.

Husband/Wife's Friend- Good Day Sir.

Fonz- Good **** yesterday. Team Nasty was quite Nasty. Chozen <3 MK2

KM- *pound* what else can one say to the great KM. Chozen <3 KM.

Mr. Reg- *pound* what else can one say to the great G-Reg. Chozen <3 G-Reg.

Kirbstir- Good Shizz yesterday.. i appreciate the niceness of you considering me as a Teammate with the lack of Greg. Chozen <3 Kirbstir.

Chin- Beast. Md is quite possibly a force to be recogned with. Possibly...

Kaiser- .. i now know your true identity. beast. Chozen <3 Kaiser.

Doll- sry bout the anger. Melee can be really gay sometimes, but getting angry is even gayier. Chozen <> Doll.

Redd- **** son.. when'd you get soo good???!?!! Chozen E> Redd.

Guy that looks like Oro aka Plarnkk- I hate Shiek. Go build some rafts. Chozen <3 Plar.

Vist- Good Matches son. Last i checked dem rests weren't attempted ;) Ya fox is nasty. Chozen <3 Vist.

Kiwi- Join us. Friday was good shizz though. Yee. btw.. that squader was the squanderest of all squaders.. Chozen <3 Kiwi.

ChaosKnight- I know where you live. Chozen <3 CK.

Cyrain- Your Fox is quite awesome. Move out of SoVa, and stop squandering.. Chozen <3 Cyrain.

Nelo- Ya Falco is beast. I hate that matchup.. good DI son. Welcome to the B Team. Chozen <3 Nelo.

Isra- Good Shizz in the crew. Peach is gay. Good ****. Chozen <3 Isra.

Omni- We need to play more.. Way to fall asleep, and dask atk.. and be like "I'm not gonna Fall Asleep, or Dask Atk".. lolz. Chozen <3 Omni.

KC Cloud+Tak$- TNR PHO LYFE!! we need matches sons.

Aero- ahh.. My Jiggs Team Partner for life.. Drop CK. You know that people don't like to be touched while they're asleep. We need to stop squandering. Teach me to play against Shiek, and Join TNR. Chozen <3 <3 Aero.

Hova- Sack lunches for everyone.. **** son. You nasty. Chozen <3 Hova.

Azen- Good Shizz son.. don't think you don't still owe me some more matches good sir. Chozen <3 Azen.

Chillin- 07.. what else can i say. I want your babys. Chozen <3 Chillin's large mouth.

Good Shizz everyone else.. yee.

Good Day Sirs.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
yay shoutouts.
i wish i was in nova for this. it would've been my biggest tourney
good job again guys, see you at c3. possible festage at my place on thursday, i'll post an update sometime soon on ta boards

chozen. team suicide was too good haha -_- **** kirby

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Shout Outs

Azen - I got Azen'd in the face, and that's all I have to say about that.

KM - Good stuff man, wish I didn't squander our first match during that set but otherwise you are a monster.

Chu - Man you are too awesome, I didn't get any matches with you but hopefully I will at your Bi-weekly, not just smash bros either, DBZBT2 matches as well.

Aho - All good my manz, if you show up at Chu's we can definitely get some matches in then.

Chillin - You are LOUD as **** man LOL it was halarious.

Omni - our Fox vs Falco matches kicked ***, you are awsome man. Team OmniSlash ftw too (in friendlies lol)

Cyrain - Good fox man, sorry I squandered lol.

FOB - I like your doc alot and those team matches were fun (you stalking me and everything)

Greg - Sorry I squandered playing you manz, but your awsomness is just to much for me to handle, but those matches were fun none the less.

Redd - You are trully **** good man, I'm still working on alot and thanks for gettin a good amount of friendlies with me man.

CK - Good **** man, our matches were good and I had alot of fun playing you, you are **** good.

Blues - ... Nana is my worst enemy ever! Lol nah man just playing, your Ice Climbers are mean mqn, keep up the good stuff.

Aero - I didn't get to play you, at all man, next time.

Kirbstir - Thanks for the 1398719823580293 matches we played, your insight to what I can improve on helped man.

Tak$ - You keep improving, but you gotta work on not dying so fast during teams. <_<
chu gave you the buisness man LOLZ! it was to funny.

Travis - Still the monster with fox that I remember you to be.

Korn - Good falcon man, good fox too, was fun playing you.

Vist - we didn't get matches man but looks like you did really well.

The tournament was fun and I'll be headed to Chu's bi-weekly. I'm not 100% sure that I'll make it to C3 but I'll try.

Husband

Smash Lord
This **** was fun. I won teams, had good matches with Chinesah, G-reg and John and got to hang out with choosen one. What more could a guy ask for?

TAK$

Smash Ace
This was fun, i played the worst i ever played during a tourny, but before/after was some fun shizzi and i improved alot after i got knocked out.

aho- was fun playing you and fonz in teams, we got ***** the 1st round then played better game 2, but still lost, anyway we both had a bad day during the tourny, **** happens sometimes i guess, anyway we need to play next time i see you, chus? good ****.

Fonz- let me see you without your hat!!! =D didnt get a chance to talk to you or play you that much, only played you in teams, but kc couldnt stop talkign about the 2nd match it was too funny lol.

KC- we got ***** by chu, it wasnt my fault i lost 6 lives in less then 30 seconds lol, but good ****, that mario vs falco match was funny, we always have atleast 1 weird match lol, your falco gets better and better, see you at chus?

FOB- we only had one match, but it was a good one atleast, when you go to c3 lets get some more matches in lol.

Redd-i only got to play you like once or twice, =( but we'll play again soon, good **** your dog is cool and loud *** hell too lol.

sage- lol you made the day alot easyer on me when i was waiting for tv's to open, your doc is a beast.

cyrain- good matches at the end, thanks for the sheik help, see ya soon for more matches. =D

the guy who i played with in teams at the end of the night when we had to go, and when me you, and cyrain played- sorry i forgot your name, isra i think? we didnt lose one team match, good **** fun matches.

omni- your cool as hell, didnt get to play you at all, but your awesome, thanks for getting my backpack thing too, saved me alot of trouble, =D your the person i wanted to play most but didnt get a chance too >.< next time? =)

everyone else- good **** had lots of fun, hope to see you all soon.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
awful =P

doubles:
1. Husband/Wife
2. Km/Chu
3. Chillin/Chinesah

singles:
1. Azen
2. Chillin
3. Chu
4. Km
5. Tope/Wife
azen - 1st
chillin - 2nd
chu - 3rd
KM - 4th
Tope - 5th
kirbstir - 7th
g-reg - 9th
Redd - 9th
doll - 13th

man that was like team Virginia anal distruction

i haven't seen any official posts about placings and such. these are from earlier posts in the thread.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
i haven't seen any official posts about placings and such. these are from earlier posts in the thread.
Thanks =D And Chozen you got 17th if you were wondering cause you lost to Doll IIRC.

Ok some shoutouts =)

Kaiser: I had a lot of fun playing you, especially with Chillin yelling the whole <3 good stuff man, I hope we play more soon =)

Wife: Haha we were having a casual convo during our matches. You're still realllyyyy talented and I almost had you. Next time =)

Chillin: Good stuff in teams. Stop squandering and smash with me =(

Travis: OMG I hadn't seen you in forever. No matches besides teams, though. Gay Sheik.

Doll: We did so-so in teams, but we can blame it on Chu for coming late =D Sorry I took you out >_>

CK: Nice dittos as always, lack of teching though =/

Blues: Fun matches, your ICs are beast-like.

G-reg: Finally had a main vs main match LOLLL more next time.

Kirb: I finally beat you in marth dittooss!!! <3 Goood **** on 7th.

KM: Hadn't seen you in forever either, good **** to you and chu

CHUUUU: Omg I loved our set LOL, dsmash is sooo gay. Come and fux w/ smash at my house =)

KC: Too good, I only had 1 bawls though =/

TAK: Thx soo much for taking me your family is awesome ^_^

Omni: Haha always amazing to play you, too much smash in a 12 hour period haha.

Ichor: Stepping it up

Sage: Gay doc v_v

Husband: Had fun matches, thx for the team practice.

Cyrain: is good.

Aero: You beat my fox =)

AZEN: Let's smash soon man, when you're done with PSU, just pm me =)

Vist: fun matches, I like your falco a lot.

Anyone I forgot, good ****.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
good **** im gonna do shoutouts because aho did and now i am motivated

team ben - good stuff coming out to a local tourney you guys did real well, see all the money that you guys can make? good **** in teams and good **** to husband for a sweet set

aho - thanks for running the tourney with me it wouldve been a ***** without your comp

kirbstir - you suck lol ill get you next time good ****, we got ****ed over in teams but i wont let that excuse our sub-par play, we'll be back to keep our C3 crown for sure.

chillin - ^ same, except not sarcastic, you actually suck

chu - you suck the most of all, if you didnt take a half hour to do your hair you prolly wouldve been there on time. good **** killing wife with an ice cube tho

tope - GOOD **** son you are stepping it up, i own your pika with kirby, and also fox dittos.

plank - good ****

chozen - always fun to be around, you have the aura of a young g-reg

doll/redd - good **** as always, you guys get better every tourney we play at

cyrain/nelo/isra - man you guys are pretty good, i was getting lucky against cyrain in friendlies tho. isra you are a ***** for taking my brother to brinstar lolol good stuff tho, tope mustve taught you that one

zeps - your hair is crazy, i beat you badly, good stuff keep practicing

tak$ - keep workin on that sheik, itll get better in time once you learn some tricks

omni - im not afraid of you anymore, i know how to beat that fox lol watch out son, good ****

HOVA - tuesday, TT's, lets do it

KC cloud/BRC - you guys are mad technical, its scary. keep workin on those space animals soon they will be deadly

Janet - you are hot and your shiek is getting better. and you are hot.

azen- you may have won the tourney, but you were 0-2 vs mr. regulate. congrats and good stuff
FOOOOOOOOONZ! - we need to play more we barely ever do,
same with - Vist/HOVA/Aero/Chozen/TNR/CK/lots of peeps.

good **** to all you are all amazing see everyone at C3

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
Fun **** you guys. I LOVE THIS GAME! I hope to see you all at future tourneys... xcept apex seems to be taken by another smasher somewhere... So my gamertag is Razgriz now. Good tourney. I can promise you guys that I wont get knocked out so early in the next one. It's **** like that which inspires me to practice up and get better. And thx to EGL for letting us bring our setups. It's a good thing we did.

Guys who kicked my ***:

Azen
Vist
Blues
Husband
Wife
Chozen

I learned a lot from playing you guys, and i enjoyed watching the people I didn't get a chance to play.

Top Bottom