• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EGL Washington, DC - Jan 19-21st

TAK$

Smash Ace
i will win this, i can walk there in 2 mins or drive in 30 seconds, i waste no energy noobs.

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
I just nabbed the last room in the Sherington :3 But seriously i need to know if the spectator passes are good for free play on Friday, and if there is free play on sat and sun, and if there is are the spec passes good for it? How many TVs are there going to be?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well since EGL Mike is being so kind and to answer are questions I have one that I just couldn't find the answer to.

I was wonder what times the EGLeague is open and what time it retires for each day.

Doll

Smash Journeyman
I'll be attending :3. Teaming with whoever if Redd's not coming?

ALso, everyone try to be here at Friday cuz I really have nothing to do. :[

Also, is there any way i can register online without freaking paying already?

If I can pay when i arrive at the door, that'd be cool.

I don't like spending money without knowing that i can do everything that I paid for.

Like teamate getting run over by a car. Tragic, but it's possible.

Or like the possible of me getting run over car. Traigc, and is highly possible.

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
Alright I'm begging at this point. PLEASE tell me... Somebody... are the spectators passes good for fun for all/free play on friday; and is there free play on saturday and sunday, and if so are the spectators passes good for it? I've got a lot of people who are coming with me, and it's crucial that we know this.

I also heard that there will be DOA tournaments as well. Is this true? If so, how do you register for them? I didn't see them on the website....Do you have to register on location?

If anybody knows a phone number or url where i can get more detailed information about this tournament please let me know.

Vist

Smash Champion
Alright I'm begging at this point. PLEASE tell me... Somebody... are the spectators passes good for fun for all/free play on friday; and is there free play on saturday and sunday, and if so are the spectators passes good for it? I've got a lot of people who are coming with me, and it's crucial that we know this.

I also heard that there will be DOA tournaments as well. Is this true? If so, how do you register for them? I didn't see them on the website....Do you have to register on location?

If anybody knows a phone number or url where i can get more detailed information about this tournament please let me know.
EGL Mike will be able to give you a definite answer about the spectator passes etc when he checks up on the site again. Just be patient, EGL Mike won't leave anyone hanging for too long.

I can tell you though, EGL is no longer doing DOA tournaments from what I've read.

The only other site that has information is the egl site itself, theegleague.com

how the hell do you register online?????
go to the egl website (theegleague.com) and click on 'register' underneath the Washington, DC image on the top left. From there, you select whichever event passes you want and proceed from there.

Vist

Smash Champion
do these guys pay with checks months later MLG style, or do you get the cash when you win?
I think checks are payed out afterwards like MLG (probably from sponsors).

and the tournament seems to be pool play and then double elim brackets with the top players from each pool.

Vist

Smash Champion
good sheezy vist. *pound*

pools own.
*pound*

they should let me + aho help out with pools so that there are no death pools.
good stuff

also, I just wanted to mention that on the site it mentioned that the prizes have begun to be payed out from previous events. This doesn't really mean much to most people reading this, but there were complaints in the competitive gaming community (Halo 2/ DoA) about the winners from past events not being paid. So it looks like the egl is shaping up to be a pretty successful gaming league..all in all, it sounds good for the smash scene.

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
Theegleague.com doesn't have any info regarding the specific nature of the spectator's passes other than "can spectate all events". I am dearly hoping that this doesn't mean that only registered tournament participants can participate in fun for all and any free play that there may be on saturday and sunday. Some of the people I will be bringing will not be participating in the tournaments, and it would be a waste of time and money to bring them if they couldn't play any melee at all. Any information regarding the specific nature of the spectators passes, including whether they are good for the entire weekend, whether they get you into the fun for all, or whether there will be any free play on saturday and sunday (melee or halo) would be greatly appretiated.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
so with the pools, I, not being some pro player isnt gonna have to play Chu dat or PC chris right off that bat right?
actually its quite the contrary, pools will spread out all of the pros evenly, so you will probably play some non-pros, and definitely some pros.

Zeros

Smash Cadet
whatsup everyone =P yea, me and KC and probably like our whole crew will make EGL this saturday. Hoping the Pools dont get stacked too bad. I didnt get it too bad at C3 but KC and Ichor got owned T.T and i was slumming pretty bad so i got owned anyway lol. But yea, if nothing else, its gonna be alot of fun.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I'm going to try my best to make it to this, Doll =)

If not then I'll def be at C3 to rep VA.

I think I'm going to pay at the door as well, I've had bad exp., no offense to Vist or EGL.

Doll

Smash Journeyman

I think I'm going to pay at the door as well, I've had bad exp., no offense to Vist or EGL.
Not if I run you over with a car.

J.k j.k >_>;;

KM-013

Smash Lord

lol yeah im kind of sketched out too. this better be legit cuz i just dropped 40$ online.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
If for some ungodly reason, Redd doesnt show, wanna team Doll?

I dont think I suck that badly.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
to lazy to read everything...

do we have to register online to enter the singles torny?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
dude kirbstir we need to falcon ditto. the more falcons i play, the closer i get to reaching true and pure c.falcon tao

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
But according the the prophecy, when you reach true falcon tao, the world will implode g-reg. please stop, do it for the children.

EGL Mike

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the late reply, here are the answers to everyone's questions.

• Vistitor passes are allowed to play casuals
  • Spectator passes allow you to play fun for all
  • We are no longer doing DOA4 tournaments
  • To have a guarunteed spot in the tournament, you must register online. So PLEASE register online. It allows EGL to have brackets ready and seeded by region/power rank. The tournament will run smoother and both EGL and the smash community will be very happy !!
  • Smash will have approx 4 stations. for Tournament play. No casual matches during the tournament.
  • Smash Casuals will be availble before and after the tournament on Saturday. Also all day fri+sun.

If I missed anyone's questions, please re-post up and ask me again. I was gone over the weekend, and unfortunatly everyone wants to know details, details, DETAILS !!!

I would like to thank everyone for their paitence. Everyone's support for this event is truley amazing. We are extreamly excited for this event, and we can't wait to meet the community.

I will be back answering questions everyday. Feel free to post up anymore questions/comments/concerns.

Mike.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Can we bring our own stations? And also, a lot of people are under 18 and/or can't register online. Smash has always had problems with online registration, and if online registration is forced there's going to be a serious lack of entrants. Just my input.

Top Bottom