• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eggstraordinary Rainbow Yolk: Yoshi Results Thread

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Updatez
Singles

Reso Presents Smash in the bay | KBD | 01/27/15 | 1st out of 12 | :4yoshi:
Jacksonville Presents Video Game Rescue a Smash monthly | KBD | 02/07/15 | 4th out of 55 | :4yoshi:
CFL Weekly | KBD | 02/10/15 | 3rd out of 42 | :4yoshi:
Epic! Free Smash 4 | Crustyball | 02/19/15 | 7th out of 32 | :4yoshi:
Tampa Never Sleeps | KBD | 02/21/15 | 25th out of 170 | :4yoshi:
League Of Shadows 1-7 | Slush | 02/27/15 | 5th out of 36 | :4yoshi:
EGL Smash 4 Circuit #2 | Crustyball | 02/26/15 | 7th out of 24 | :4yoshi:
Smash 4 @ EVAC | Nikes | 02/27/15 | 1st out of 30 | :4yoshi:
TGC 1 | Slush | 02/28/15 | 13th out of 209 | :4yoshi:
Scenic City Smash III | shapular | 02/28/15 | 5th out of 40 | :4yoshi:
Smash at PlatteCon | KH | 03/07/15 | 3rd out of 27 | :4yoshi:
Smash at PlatteCon | Meerkat | 03/07/15 | 9th out of 27 | :4yoshi::4littlemac:

Doubles
Scenic City Smash III | shapular/Tadeo | 02/28/15 | 2nd out of 21 | :4yoshi::4zelda:/:4falcon::4littlemac::4zss::4falco:

Both singles and doubles updated and added crusty and kbd. Wut colors do you two use? Same fer GSM still waitin'
If you want the rest of your stuff on OP KBD need to post dates n such for some of em.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
You forgot my doubles result I gave you back in Skype Slush :<

Also is there a decision yet on whether we're including online tourneys or not yet?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I do not think Imma do online tournaments. Also the skype message is so far back most likely, Pretty shore I told you to post it here too.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Alright, no biggie then I suppose.

StreetGeek 7.02 Smash 4 doubles
Nike Air Jordans (Nikes+Shakyy)
7/2/15
1st out of 7
Yoshi
Customs off
Wii U

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Sm4sh 2 @ UHM
GSM_Dren
3/7/15
2nd of 27
Yoshi
Customs off
Wii U

I need more matchup experience against Rosalina. I reset the bracket 3-1 when my opponent was Sheik, but got 3-0'd when he switched to Rosa. The wall of defense she has is just so hard to break through. And even then, egg lay isn't as useful because Luma bullies me out from any follow up.

Last edited:

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately the stream equipment didn't want to work that night, but the replays were saved onto my friend's wii u. He's pretty busy but will try to get the matches recorded sometime.For rosa, I felt like all my options were covered, and I should've went for luma when I had the chance.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
idk if this is useful since this isn't a smashboards link, but here's a result of a recent tournament I attended:

http://1upsmash.com/topic/8527578/1/

I got 3rd out of 130 participants using both Yoshi and Ness equally, I'm pretty satisfied with this.

I'm waiting for the videos to be uploaded so I can get some more critique in the video thread.

@Posting in the recommended form:

Name of Tournament: SAMPEX 2 (http://1upsmash.com/topic/8527578/1/)
Name/Tag: Lukin
Date of Tournament: March 7 and 8, 2015
Amount of Players/Placing: 3rd out of 130
Characters: Yoshi, Ness
Customs: Off
Version: Wii U

Last edited:

Pacoheadley

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pacoheadley
Grand Traverse Smash 4 (Can't post link until 10 posts, but it is searchable)
Pacoheadley
March 14
4th out of 23
Yoshi
Customs Off
Version - Wii U

Only my second tournament, and I was really happy with how I played! 2nd place finisher knocked me into the loser's bracket and out of the whole thing in two intense 2-1 games. Really happy with how my Yoshi is progressing! I believe videos will be uploaded sometime this week, I may be in a couple of them.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Double post cuz y not.

Update

StreetGeek 7.02 | Nikes/Shakyy | 02/07/15 | :4yoshi:/???

Sm4sh @ UHM | GSM_Dren | 03/07/15 | 2nd out of 27 | :4yoshi:

SAMPEX 2 | Lukin | 03/07-8/15 | 3rd out of 130 | :4yoshi: :4ness:

League of Shadows 1-9 | Slush | 03/12/15 | 4th out of 55 | :4yoshi:

Grand Traverse Smash 4 | pacoheadly | 03/14/15 | 4th out of 23 | :4yoshi:

League of Shadows 1-10 | Slush | 03/21/15 | 5th out of 43 | :4yoshi:

Alright, so annoyed rant cause IT'S MY THREAD M8.
The first weekly in this update from me I lost because I fought a wft for the very first time and had no idea what she did. Game 3 I just got too greedy for a kill and died at like an early % from Uair while grounded on stage still. What's up with that?

This one that happened this week I could've gotten 4th place again but I got reverse 3 stocked by Diddy game 3 because he started playing real campy and toxic where he wouldn't wanna fight forever and just spam Uair only.
It worked sadly cause he was like 100% when I lost my first stock and he ended the game with 200+%, goddamn Yoshi is so ****ing bad in this game, 0 kill set ups hurts him so much lol.

I take solace in the fact though he can't beat the top 3 in my city, one of em so hopeless he goes random (along with other person as well) and still loses cause he's just that much better than him. Too bad diddy carrying tho

Also guys, shameless city promote incoming.
http://www.twitch.tv/210smash
We've been getting 35+ people at these weeklies every time since the 3rd one. Our scene looking very much alive compared to brawl where we had to be alive if houston austin dallas etc. went. You guys should check out the stream every Thursday or Saturdays when we have our monthlies.

Last edited:

Pacoheadley

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pacoheadley
Shutocon 2015 (No link for this one sadly)
Pacoheadley
March 21, 2015
11th out of 48
Yoshi
Customs Off
Version - Wii U

Not a fantastic finish, but I'll take it. Unfortunately there were no gamecube adapters supplied at this tournament, so I was stuck with a Gamepad or Pro Controller in most matches. I brought out a new gimmick in this one, a pink Yoshi plush to go along with my character!

Timbers

check me out
Also guys, shameless city promote incoming.
http://www.twitch.tv/210smash
We've been getting 35+ people at these weeklies every time since the 3rd one. Our scene looking very much alive compared to brawl where we had to be alive if houston austin dallas etc. went. You guys should check out the stream every Thursday or Saturdays when we have our monthlies.
I don't know anything about running a Twitch channel, but if it's not too much of a hassle then I think whoever owns this account could/should setup past broadcasts? I can't imagine it'd be too much of an issue, as every other Smash stream I've seen has past streams enabled. It seems like an easy way to give your players visibility with no real hassle, and things like TGC2 videos never getting uploaded wouldn't be as big of an issue.

I've been meaning to mention this for a while because I like watching quite a few players from your region and thought that completely derailing this thread would be the best time to bring it up.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've told them to do that a couple weeks ago (1-7) but they forgot and the videos for 1-9 shows that if we had it enabled it would've really helped out if we had the past broadcasts to record off of instead of just the stream when airing.

And it's done, expect archives to be filled next time. Should bring up tho that archives/past broadcasts still disappear after a week or so. Only when you highlight stuff on the channel does it keep the entire thing. But at least you'll have a couple days or so to find the stream.

Last edited:

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Kawaii Kon 2015 Smash Wii U Singles
GSM_Dren
3/29/15
13th of 91
Yoshi
Customs On
Wii U

Hawaii's biggest smash tournament so far with a record 91 entrants! We had four out of state guests: Jtails, Larry lurr, DKwill, and NinjaLink who all placed high. Custom megaman (NinjaLink) and donkey kong (DKwill) are monsters, while Jtails and Larry lurr both opted for default diddy and fox respectively. I used default yoshi for the most part and only used egg launch versus a little mac, we really don't get as much benefit from customs compared to the rest of the cast. I definitely feel that I could've gotten 7th/9th but I'm gonna john and say I was coming off a recent illness lol.

It was really awesome seeing Hawaii's top players (VoiD and Lethal Trilogy) keeping up with the out of state guests, but holy crap Larry was two steps ahead. Unfortunately I wasn't able to play the guests as much as I would've liked, I MM'd DKwill and got 0-3'd and only had one friendly match against Larry's fox. The matchup is still pretty even I think as I was able to pull off a close win.

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
http://sasmash.challonge.com/evacmarchsmash4
Nikes
10/4/15
3rd out of 38
Yoshi
Customs off
Wii U

There was a lot on the line for me in this tournament and I let my emotions get the better of me, lost to two Diddys in winners and losers as a result of that. I also take back what I said about the Sheik matchup, it really is a very hard matchup. You guys were right.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Update

Kawaii Kon 2015 | GSM_Dren | 03/29/15 | 13th out of 91 | :4yoshi:

Mini AGON | Yikarur | 03/28/15 | 9th out of 64 | :4yoshi:

SAM 3 | Slush | 04/04/15 | 13th out of 58 | :4yoshi:

League of Shadows 1-13 | Slush | 04/09/15 | 4th out of 26 | :4yoshi:

EVAC | Nikes | 04/10/15 | 3rd out of 38 | :4yoshi:

League of Shadows 1-14 | Slush | 04/16/15 | 4th out of 36 | :4yoshi:

SAM 3 | Slush/Jbandrew | 04/04/15 | 5th out of 24 | :4yoshi:/:4diddy:

Videos for me on 210smash as usual, twitch and YT.
Doubles we could've possibly gotten 2nd or 3rd place but diddy died a bunch.
etc. etc. 2nd post updated too.

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Here's another tournament result:

Name of Tournament: 1º Smash Terramédia (http://1upsmash.com/topic/8533894/1/)
Date of Tournament: April 18, 2015
Amount of Players/Placing: 2nd out of 43
Characters: Yoshi, Ness

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't wanna be rude but almost all of those I don't wanna add simply cause a lot of them don't even have 11+ people. Not blaming you or the scene.
Well actually just noticed while typing that you live in TX. huh.... what part of Texas, I don't know my cities outside of Kingsville/RGV Austin Houston Dallas SA corpus San Angelo and Lubbock.

I'll update once it's Monday or Tuesday next week. Saturday another big regional, TGC2.
Twitch might be called greensleeves? Dunno, after TGC2 immediately heading back to SA to enter a top 10 tournament so watch me either make big bux or get ****ed in the mouth.

Explanations: http://smashboards.com/threads/san-antonio-smash-4-thread.371315/#post-17713877
http://smashboards.com/threads/san-antonio-smash-4-thread.371315/page-88#post-19014131

noft

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
1345-3004-6632
I don't wanna be rude but almost all of those I don't wanna add simply cause a lot of them don't even have 11+ people. Not blaming you or the scene.
Well actually just noticed while typing that you live in TX. huh.... what part of Texas, I don't know my cities outside of Kingsville/RGV Austin Houston Dallas SA corpus San Angelo and Lubbock.

I'll update once it's Monday or Tuesday next week. Saturday another big regional, TGC2.
Twitch might be called greensleeves? Dunno, after TGC2 immediately heading back to SA to enter a top 10 tournament so watch me either make big bux or get ****ed in the mouth.

Explanations: http://smashboards.com/threads/san-antonio-smash-4-thread.371315/#post-17713877
http://smashboards.com/threads/san-antonio-smash-4-thread.371315/page-88#post-19014131
I live in ft hood, which is surrounded by, killeen , copperas cove, temple, Waco, temple and cove are about an hour out, also Austin and San antonio , Dallas are all , 2-4 hours out, the scene is getting bigger in the area tbh, I'll post more in this thread as the crowds get bigger, it is harder to make these bigger events being in the Army but as time passes I'll figure something out, until then it's these weekly tournaments, growing the community in these parts,

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
StreetGeek 15.04
Nikes
1st out of 20
25/4/15
Yoshi
Customs off
Wii U

The TO used TioPro so I'll have to wait for him to post the bracket.

Edit: Forgot doubles

StreetGeek 15.04
Nike Air Jordans (Nikes+Shakyy)
1st out of 10
25/4/15
Yoshi
Customs off
Wii U

Last edited:

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Smash Series 5 @ Da-Planet
GSM_Dren
4/26/15
5th of 44
Yoshi
Customs On
Wii U

Finally placed higher than in previous tournaments. At the moment, Hawaii's top 6 players are pretty aligned with the tournament results (3-6 are quite variable, but I'm most likely 5/6th). Incorporated more of that SHAD Nair, but I ultimately got bested by my friend's fox.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Updatez

Singles

Smash U Underground #1 | Slice | 04/18/15 | 5th out of 72 | :4yoshi:

Rebrith III | Regralht | 04/18/15 | 13th out of 77 | :4yoshi:

Smash Terramedia | Lukin | 04/18/15 | 2nd out of 43 | :4yoshi:

SAFGC 1 | Nikes | 04/19/15 | 1st out of 19 | :4yoshi:

TGC 2 | Slush | 04/25/15 | 9th out of 137 | :4yoshi:

StreetGeek 15.04 | Nikes | 04/25/15 | 1st out of 20 | :4yoshi:

Smash Series 5 @ Da-Planet | GSM_Dren | 04/26/15 | 5th out of 44 | :4yoshi:

League of Shadows Finals 1-16 | Slush | 04/26/15 | 4th out of 10 | :4yoshi:

Doubles
StreetGeek 15.04 | Nikes/Shakyy | 04/25/15 | 1st out of 10 | :4yoshi:/???

Reasoning I added the last tournament is because it was my town's finals. So I got close to a hundred bucks fer getting that far.

Second post updated too. Gonna add a section for how many different Yoshi's have submitted results, maybe the amount entered in the thread at least too. Cause I know there's some people that don't actively post on the boards to give me their results cause they don't care enough.

Last edited:

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
So there was a small student hosted tournament at my college, maybe 25 player were there? Noone big, just students. Ended up playing Villager and Yoshi, mostly Yoshi. I took third after losing in very close sets to a Fox and a Falcon. No need to put me in the record or anything, just thought I would share. A couple folks complained about Yoshi, it's like they have never played him and learned about the big holes in his game. Anyway, he's really fun and pretty good, he's been getting me pretty good mileage.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
@ Sinister Slush Sinister Slush there are 2 minor mistakes related to the information about me.

The first one being the fact that you forgot to put Ness as an secondary in Smash terramedia.
The second one is that you put in the second post that I only attended 1 tournament but I actually posted 2 results in this thread.

Also I forgot to post an old result of mine from january, is there a problem if I post it now?

If it's okay, I'm posting it here:

Name of Tournament: SAMPEX (http://1upsmash.com/topic/8522396/1/)
Date of Tournament: January 31 and February 1, 2015
Amount of Players/Placing: 7th out of 69
Characters: Yoshi, Ness and Wii Fit Trainer

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
now you forgot to put the number of tournaments I attended to 3 :laugh:

Last edited:

Slither2Hunter

Smash Cadet
Why has no one heard of Leepuff? He's beaten our top socal players such as Larry (Ranked 2nd) Xzax (Ranked 3rd) Tearbear (Ranked 4th) and also Imhip (Ranked 13th) and he places so well. I think he's top 3 yoshi in the US.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Because he never posts here, otherwise yes I have seen his results here or there when I randomly click tournament results and happen upon a tournament with him in it. I just kinda click any result that has Smash Wii U next to it.

I mostly don't click the bracket though and see who he beat to get his placing.

Again, these stats are basically the amount of tournaments the person who's listed in this thread has posted themselves.

Somebody may have entered 10 tournaments already but only given me 1, so the thread will only have that 1 result. I put enough work in my threads already, especially back during Brawl era when I actually did namesearch people or actively search for their results.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Smash U Underground #1
April 17th-19th
http://www.smashlabs.de/index.php?Thread/1246-Smash-U-Underground-1-17-04-19-04-2015-Lübeck-DE/
17th out of 72
Customs off.
Yoshi only.

Lost to Cyve and a mirror match meh :(

AGON 2 Days in Neuss
April 2nd-3rd.
http://www.smashlabs.de/index.php?t...neuss-feedback-ergebnis-und-shoutouts-thread/
5th out of 72
Customs off.
Yoshi only.

Lost to Semifer (main practice partner and 1stand 3rd last tournaments) and Biggad (won the last tournament and got second this time)

Videos are in the Video Thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom