• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

edgegaurding with sheik?

Terramorphic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3625-8838-7933
Hey, I'm rather new to the character but I've chosen to play sheik. I'm having a lot of trouble playing off stage, which I know she's strong with, I'm wondering if anyone could give me any tips on what moves to use, and how to judge my spacing?

Jackson

Smash Lord
Bair is nice since it has a long extended hitbox. To do it with the long leg facing off the ledge, you have to RAR (reverse aerial rush) it. Do this by running and then turning the other way the moment before you jump. This lets you do bairs with forward momentum.

Also, something that i've noticed: many people recover high. Be prepared to jump up to catch them.

Good luck man! I'm also probably gonna main Shiek as well.

Wasserwipf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wasserwipf
3DS FC
2809-9876-8323
I peronally like to follow them facing forward, using nair to catch them out of whatever, since it has a long hitbox, like Jackson described. I use Bair for stagespikes, and Nair for followups (after u hit them with nair).
Also, if you have a bit of fear going off the edge, you might just use your specials. They feel like they were made to edgeguard.
Needels (and shorthop needels...) are good to steal double jumps or hit opponents out of their recovery move, causing them to screw up their recovey (melee shows great examples of this). The side B (the bomb thingy) does good damage and knockback, and might scare your opponent quiet much (throw it close to or over the edge, wonders will happen).
And then theres the bouncing fish. Try to read your opponent and land one of those on them. Hit this offstage and its usually over. This move is so ridiculusly good. You can do it from the stage or in the air, while chasing your opponent, also, Fair, Bair, Nair into fish.
Just try not to get stagespiked, and never ever use your Dair. This happened to me so many times thanks to that D-pad.

Jackson

Smash Lord
I peronally like to follow them facing forward, using nair to catch them out of whatever, since it has a long hitbox, like Jackson described. I use Bair for stagespikes, and Nair for followups (after u hit them with nair).
Also, if you have a bit of fear going off the edge, you might just use your specials. They feel like they were made to edgeguard.
Needels (and shorthop needels...) are good to steal double jumps or hit opponents out of their recovery move, causing them to screw up their recovey (melee shows great examples of this). The side B (the bomb thingy) does good damage and knockback, and might scare your opponent quiet much (throw it close to or over the edge, wonders will happen).
And then theres the bouncing fish. Try to read your opponent and land one of those on them. Hit this offstage and its usually over. This move is so ridiculusly good. You can do it from the stage or in the air, while chasing your opponent, also, Fair, Bair, Nair into fish.
Just try not to get stagespiked, and never ever use your Dair. This happened to me so many times thanks to that D-pad.
I SD with Dair a lot too... the circle pad is so frustrating.

Terramorphic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3625-8838-7933

Thanks, I'm actually pretty skiddish about offstage game because I'm a rather new player, but I'll use these tips to get better at it thanks!

hsuperill

Smash Rookie
Thanks, I'm actually pretty skiddish about offstage game because I'm a rather new player, but I'll use these tips to get better at it thanks!
Haha don't be scared! Take advantage of Sheik's awesome recovery and play risky. Practice makes perfect! One of my favorites is just running off the stage when they're coming from below and hitting them with the FAir. The fun part about this is even if you miss, sometimes they freak out and use their Up B too early and they fall to their death :)

Last edited:

Zero Requiem

Smash Apprentice
Sheik is amazing. <3 Has any one stalled at the ledge for a bit, used bouncing fish to hit the opponent and then auto snap back to the ledge again?

Last edited:

trilok

Smash Apprentice
I SD with Dair a lot too... the circle pad is so frustrating.
I also SD with dair once in a while. however, one funny thing is about this spiking dair is that if you hold the edge and you get off dair, you can spike opponents going for the ledge such as fox with a firefox.

Top Bottom