• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge guarding Zelda

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Was wondering how you guys edge guard a Zelda who can sweet spot really well. There's a Zelda player here who gives me some trouble(unless resort to Fox, Sheik, Marth, or Falco) and it's usually a really close match with me winning just barely. Looking at the Character match up chart, I thought I was missing something. Since I have no trouble against her when I use the other top tiers. Could be just that my Peach sucks, but meh, I do great against fast fallers/slow characters. I don't have any videos, but I think my main problem is the edge guarding. I throw turnips, which almost never hits with the Zelda moving or reflecting, and floating off to hit her usally never works either. On the stage, I don't get too much hits in, since Zelda's pretty floaty herself, so I have to work patiently. My main problem is off the stage, so help me out some. Any on stage tips would be appreciated too.

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
Several options:

If you know the Zelda is going to try and sweetspot, ground float over the ledge and start a dair.
She'll end up right in it, and you can finish with a nair.

Or, if you're below 100% you can also grab the edge
When Zelda BEGINS her teleport (she won't be aiming for the ledge cuz you're on it) get up, and ground float into a uair/nair, whichever is more appropriate.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Ah, I see. Sounds pretty smart. Thanks for the tip.

On stage, how should I go about fighting her? Playing against her like I would for a fast faller is completely different, and it somehow seems a bit harder for me.

darkatma

Smash Hero
play smart. generally, you want to try to get under her (grabs, dtilt?) and then pwn her from under, since zelda has a very weak dair

also, play zelda like you would play a peach ditto. More turnips to approach.

Top Bottom