• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECSSB - East Coast SSB Youtube Channel & Information

Nintendude

Smash Hero
(logo coming soon)

The ECSSB Channel

Inspired by the success of MeleeAtlNorth, chain-ace and I have created a new youtube channel called East Coast SSB.

http://www.youtube.com/EastCoastSSB

The purpose of this channel is to unify the efforts of our video uploaders by aggregating footage collected at EC tournaments. This channel will become the ultimate resource for anyone who is interested in following the ECSSB tournament scene. Additionally, this channel will prove to be very valuable to all uploaders who currently use personal youtube channels. As uploads collect in this centralized location and we gain subscribers, video uploaders will be able to promote their own channel in the video descriptions of footage that they contribute to ECSSB. The end result of this collaboration will be growth and development of both our scene and our online presence.
  • Anyone who wishes to upload footage to ECSSB must request the password from chain-ace, Sensei, or myself. Do not, under any circumstances, give out the channel password without first consulting with us.
  • Uploads must strictly conform to the formatting guidelines (see below)
  • All footage uploaded to ECSSB must be directly related to tournaments. This includes tournament matches and hype videos.
  • ECSSB will not be a resource for friendlies or combo videos. These should remain on personal youtube channels.
  • Exhibition matches of special interest (ex: Isai vs. Kikoushi friendly set or high stakes MMs) may be permitted on the channel on a case-to-case basis.
Formatting Rules

Video Title

Singles
[Tournament Name/Acronym]: [Player A] (color character) vs [Player B] (color character) [round]​
Include color only for dittos​
[round] is to be written as WB2, LB4, WSF, WF, LSF, LF, GF, RR, Pool #, etc.​

Doubles
[Tournament Name/Acronym]: [Player A] (P1) + [Player B] (P3) vs [Player C] (P2) + [Player D] (P4)​

Examples

APEX 2013: Firo (Ness) vs Sensei (Fox, Pikachu) LB8​
Impulse: YBOMBB (Jigglypuff) vs Nintendude (Mario) GF​
APEX 2012: Nintendude (P1) + Isai (P2) vs SuPeRbOoMfAn (P3) + JaimeHR (P4) WF​

Video Description

Full tournament name​
Date​
Location​
Tournament Website (if applicable)​
Results Thread​
Video Thread​
Commentator(s): [commentator name(s)]​

Uploaded by [uploader]​
Uploader's personal channel​

Examples

APEX 2013​
January 11-13, 2013​
New Brunswick, NJ​
Tournament Website - http://www.apex-series.com/

Comboed On Arrival 2​
June 25, 2011​
Middletown, NJ​

Uploaded by chain-ace​

We understand that formatting can be a pain, but the goal here is to make things as professional and easy to follow as possible. We appreciate your cooperation.

Joining the ECSSB Channel

Anyone who records tournament footage is welcome to join the ECSSB channel. If you are interested in participating, please contact chain-ace, Sensei, or myself.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
My only hesitation with uploading the Sweet XII videos is that the tourney was in MIchigan...

Could we have a centralized 64 youtube channel instead of separating it by region?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Better idea: MW should step it up and follow EC's lead;)

In the meantime though, if you guys don't have a similar hub, we're willing to make an exception for Sweet XII especially because it featured so many EC players.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean I think with the small scene size one big channel would make more sense. It's not like there are so many tourneys that it'd get annoying.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
couldn't you group the videos into categories within one big channel?

East Coast, Midwest, West Coast, etc? and then link to international channels

Nintendude

Smash Hero
We've already discussed the possibility of having one catch-all SSB youtube channel and decided against it. First of all, the channel goes alongside our East Coast SSB facebook group and is being organized in conjunction with that. Secondly, we want to keep things organized and focused. MeleeAtlNorth is having problems with that despite being for an even smaller subregion. It'll be easier for us to manage because we are dealing with our own local community. It would also not be ideal if 1 WC tournament gets buried in 10 EC ones. The EC scene is both large and organized enough to warrant us having our own channel.

Players from other regions are welcome to organize their own regional scenes however you see fit, and we strongly encourage you to follow our lead. Community growth has to start on a small scale.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah that would be the main problem, 1 small wc tourney with potentially outstanding matches getting only like 20 views because 10 other EC videos are burying it. I mean there don't need to be dozens of regions, EC, WC, Midwest, south maybe would cover it for the most part.

Top Bottom