• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC #4: Gameunicon: S.N.E.S. Registration at door available - August 21-23 - MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I can't guarantee I'll pay you back, but if you really want to, I'll do it. I'm gonna buy tourney passes saturday night, once the line dissipates.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sure, just no double sonic. Double sonic = fail

If K.I.D. doesn't get back to me we can do teamsies. I figure if you use V-13 in BlazBlu you gotta be doin something right.
oh god no, I play lucario and MK too son, well be good.

but let me get back to this dude and hit you up in a minute

I'm glad you find this funny. Who is "they"

I don't trust you.
OHUMAD?

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
First off.... We extended online registration at least until later tonight. I do not have a time but if you can still buy them on the site then you can still buy them.

Also the Thursday bus from NYC is SOLD OUT.

I will not be able to be on here that I know of for a while due to setting up so I will try my best to answer your questions.... Don't expect to find me on here again because I will not have much access to computers and for some reason SmashBoards isn't working right on my blackberry... of all days. Ugh...

Just wondering, but we're allowed to walk around with camera's right? I want to catch as much of this on film as I can.
Please, please, please tape EVERYTHING and put it on the internets... the only thing that may be a problem is Bang Camaro or Freezepop. I doubt they have a problem either.

Okay, so it's confirmed I'm going to this, but I'm a little confused. There are like 4 points of conflicting info on pre-registration. It's currently Tuesday afternoon, and I'm only interested in Melee doubles and singles.

• What ticket do I buy? Gamer's Pass? Yes
  • Do I need to buy a ticket today, online, or can I just get one at the door on Sunday?
    • Either
    • If I buy online, how do I get my tickets before Sunday? You pick them up at the event.
Thanks to whomever can answer these before the midnight deadline (?) mentioned in the title.
I can buy tickets at the door right
Yes

So I just bought my pass. I can't print out the reciept, is the ID number good enough?
You should be fine.

Did the airport bus ever happen?

Or any semi-official airport to venue transportation?
I'm really sorry there was not enough interest.

for the record, this event needs MULTIPLE live streams

KID commentary for the win.
Please bring as much equipment as you guys can... it will all be centralized for viewing at gameunicon.com and GameUniConLIVE.com

Still haven't been emailed back about the bus from NYC. I think I'm gonna have to take the ghetto chinatown buses.
Buy a pass on the site... Thursday's bus is sold out.

can u buy passes at the tourney , i hope so
Yes

This stupid gift card is not being expected on paypal so I can buy my bus pass. Can't I just pay for it in person to get on the bus? This online **** is annoying the hell out of me.
Empty your pm box... at this point email John@gameunicon.com I'm not sure if there is anything we can do... also the answer is supposed to be no. You need to buy your bus pass online.

SO HOW DO I GET ON THE BUS.

i bought the pass but im not getting a receipt just some message that says your pass has been payed for blah blah blah
We will send you an email asap.

also, where do i pre reg, i bought my pass but i dont think itsall i need.
That's all you need you do not need to prereg.

how do I pre -reg, o eff this ****, the pass should be enough
You do not need to prereg.

how much more will the passes be at the venue the day of?
Same Price.

I'll ask again, this damm girft card is not working so I can buy a buss pass. Am I able to by it it person to get on the bus?
See above.

I Just Bought Everything And Printed Reciept, Do I Need To Do Any Extra Pre Reg ****?

edit: **** that was supposed to be in all caps
No extra pre reg

Can we enter into tournaments @ the venue or do we have to prereg online?
You can enter at the venue.

I have a few questions. What time does melee start / end on Sunday. How many systems are you limited to bringing? Also do they all need to have games in them to count for 5$?

Edit : Really would like to know before 12.
All of the schedule is on Gameunicon.com Yes they all need games... bring as many systems as you want. And they need 2 controllers... unless they are are wii or cube with smash.

Dammit, money gets taken out of my card and now I don't have enough to pay for the bus pass online. can someone answer, Can I pay for a ride on the bus in person?
Email John@KeoughEnterprises.com

Yea like seriously, the way this is looking out, I won't be able to go, and I wasted 30 bucks buying the damm pass. Now I am going through crap with my damm card and idk if I can pay for the bus ride in person.

Since I am not getting no answers, I burned 25 bucks on a useless card and now have to see if I can get a ride to this somehow. Dammit people don't have money like this man. Over a damm video game too.
I realize why you are frustrated we will try to take care of you.

This question exactly! My mother brought mine for me (since I'll be getting payed next week after the tourney and paying her back) so is it possibly to get my pass printed in my name, especially if there are name tags, etc?

Why not?
You should be fine in person.. don't worry about your name on the badge.
Wait we had to pre reg?
No

**** i didnt buy my pass yet.....is there any other possable way
In person.

Just bought the gamer pass last night. I assume it's coming in the mail. It better be here by thursday, cause that's when we're going down to set up most likely.
No they are all to be picked up at the venue.

i thought you picked everything up at the venue, not that it gets mailed to you?
Yep.

no

I was wondering what happens if my tourney pass does not arrive by mail before I leave for the venue?!?!?!? THIS SYSTEM IS SO UNFAIR, ZOMG!!!!
Pick them up at the venue.

when i bought mine i got a receipt saying that u can start picking up your pass at the venue on thursday. so i guess we are suppose to get our passes when we get there, and like bring something saying you bought it or something
This guy figured it out.
HEY GUYS HOW DO I ReGISTER IS THERE A TIME LIMIT HOW DO I GET ON THE SMASH BUS???
You have to buy your bus pass online. Thursday is sold out.

So where exactly is the bus leaving from in Times Square. I tried sending an email about it, but no answer :(. Times Square is a big place to be hunting around at 7 AM.
Working on it.

Will there be live stream for this event? Hopefully there is : p

Check out GameUniCon.com for the live stream... also gameuniconlive.com should be up in the next day or so.

Guys... this is all the help I can provide you for now... I am going to be mad busy for the next few days. To answer everyone's simple questions....

1. Is there a bus from Boston. No this didn't work out.
2. Can I show up and pay when I get on the NYC Bus. No and they will be sold out if you didn't buy them online.
3. Can I show up at GameUniCon and buy my passes? Yes and we do not expect to sell out.
4. Can I still buy my pass online right now? Yes but it should be taken down sometime today or tomorrow... we were expecting to stop at midnight but figured out a way to go a little longer.
5. Please please do your best to help each other out... thanks! See you guys there!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
lol, I love how you responded to me and Cog being sarcastic ***** about everyone asking the same questions over and over again :p

I'll be bringing my wii with melee and recording stuff on Sunday, possibly Saturday if Scar and I figure out housing and feel like driving up on Sat.

I think I still need a melee teammate, Hat never got back to me :ohwell:, Boss/Hax, either of you still on the market? anyone else decent looking for a teammate.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
For people who need to get from Logan International Airport to the hotel, here are some things that I've found in my search for transportation. Hopefully it'll save some people some time/ money. I'm by no means an expert (I'm flying in myself, haha), but this information should be helpful in getting someone started on planning a route to and/ or from the airport.

1. Public Transportation - It's cheap, but it may be a bit confusing and will take a long time. Also, you cannot use this to get back to the airport if you plan on leaving Sunday. I don't think they offer full service on weekends.

Here's a quick breakdown of the route:
i. Silver Line Bus from whatever terminal in the airport -> South Station
ii. Framingham/ Worcester -> Framingham Station
iii. Marlborough line out of Framingham (South Pond Mall direction) Station to Rte. 20/Ames
iv. Walk less than half a mile to the venue

You can get a better idea with Google maps. Just ask for directions from the airport to the hotel via public transportation. Google lists the companies, and you can look up specific times/ routes from there.

In all, it'd cost about $10 a person and take 3-3.5 hours to make the trip. Think of it as an adventure.

2. Taxi - The obvious choice. It's direct, but also rather expensive. I did some research, and there's a flat rate of 89.60 that is recommended. You shouldn't be charged more, but probably not less, either. Plus, there are airport fees, and you'll have to pay tolls and such.

This is probably the fastest and easiest way to get there, but you definitely pay for it ($90?!). Oh yeah, then there's a tip on top of that.

3. Shared Van - This is my favorite, if you have a few people and don't mind spending a little money. It seems like the companies like having reservations, which you need a credit card to do. You can do this by phone or online. I don't know if reservations are required with all companies, though.

The Logan Airport website lists a few services. The cost seems to go down as the number of passengers go up.

With shared vans, you'll obviously have to share them, and it will take longer than a cab to get where you want. They'll have to stop to pick up/ drop off people. Still, you don't have to do anything other than sit in the van and get to the venue.

The estimated time is 2 hours each way, but it really depends of stops the van makes and where those stops are. One company charges $50 for a single person, $60 for two or three people, and $70 for four. That's one-way, with a maximum of two bags a person. Time/ cost is about the same from hotel to airport. Tip isn't included.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'll keep that in mind. I'm traveling with two other people, and they might want to take public transportation. I'm favoring the shared van, especially if we can get a couple of extra people. When does your flight arrive? We aren't getting to the airport until about 1:50pm on Friday. We want to get to the hotel in time for the concerts at 7:00pm, so we wouldn't be able to wait around for too long.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
My flight is scheduled to arrive at 3:18pm.
Okay. The company I'm looking at doesn't have a van leaving until 3:50. That puts us at the venue for around 6pm. I'm not sure if my companions will want to wait that long. They're huge Freezepop fans and wouldn't want to risk missing the concert that night. It's half the reason we're going to this. I'll let you know if we will split a van as soon as we figure something out.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
btw is this for melee or brawl cuz I was talking Melee, well actually he needs a teammate for both unless NoJ comes (for brawl)

NoJ is comin. He's drivin to ohio and i'm drivin the rest of the way. get on aim so we can straighten out rides.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Coming from you?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I dont care how im viewed by smashers lol.
EDIT : CO18 i would but i think they have equipment i'll help them set it up though :)
Its easy to say that when everyone knows youre amazing

they might have equipment but more than one stream would be amaing

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Its easy to say that when everyone knows youre amazing

they might have equipment but more than one stream would be amaing
Ahh 2 stream would be since there is going to be alot of good matches going on.

i'll tryz :)

forward

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I won't be able to make it to this tournament. I was planning to use financial aid to pay for the trip, but it still hasn't come in yet. :(

My apologies to Mango and DarkPch and everyone who wanted to play me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom