• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC #4: Gameunicon: S.N.E.S. Registration at door available - August 21-23 - MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
RACIST!!! :psycho:

But for reals... at least consider it, you guys. Plus is really taking off, and a solid spot in this tournament would push its momentum even more.
This.

I should make this tournament for B+, although I'm not positive. I start my new job that week and I know for sure my coworkers will want to go out drinking. Maybe I'll stumble my way there?

Banks

Smash Hero
hey what's the deal on hotel reservations, is there a discount. might be in here but i don't feel like going through 30 pages

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
There is a HUGE discount. Call and say you want the "GameUniCon Group" discount. Also we have already sold out 1/5 of the rooms in the hotel for the weekend so far......

The main reason I'm posting right now is this video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Td2IJJ53iw&feature=player_embedded

It's of Powerglove kicking the living crap out of the Power Rangers Theme and it perfectly sums up the entire GameUniCon. This Convention will kick as much *** as that video.

Post up here and let me know what you think. It's seriously EPIC.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
1/5 of hotel rooms already? Holy snaps, I gotta work up the money for this soon.

And Shanus, if you gotta stumble down to this drenched in alcohol, so be it. :laugh:

It'd be good if you host something for this. If not, maybe NYC can get something started there.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
There is a HUGE discount. Call and say you want the "GameUniCon Group" discount. Also we have already sold out 1/5 of the rooms in the hotel for the weekend so far......

The main reason I'm posting right now is this video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Td2IJJ53iw&feature=player_embedded

It's of Powerglove kicking the living crap out of the Power Rangers Theme and it perfectly sums up the entire GameUniCon. This Convention will kick as much *** as that video.

Post up here and let me know what you think. It's seriously EPIC.
God im so pumped for all these bands!

shanus

Smash Hero
Anyway we can get a more explicit time frame for when certain events are occurring (i.e. brawl+ singles)? It says late friday, but for us working folk need to know a more accurate timeframe :-\

Also, is there any possibility this event can be pushed to saturday (even sat. night?). I know of I think at least 10 players who want to enter B+ singles but can't come due to the event being held on friday.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Who wants to split a room for this? I need to start making plans for this, since it's probably my last tournament for a looooooong time.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Anyway we can get a more explicit time frame for when certain events are occurring (i.e. brawl+ singles)? It says late friday, but for us working folk need to know a more accurate timeframe :-\

Also, is there any possibility this event can be pushed to saturday (even sat. night?). I know of I think at least 10 players who want to enter B+ singles but can't come due to the event being held on friday.
I believe the OP had said exact times would be posted later on.

But yeah, Friday night will definitely hurt attendance, since most Smash peeps will likely spend most of the day traveling to the venue to be there and about by Saturday. I know a lot of events are happening on Saturday, but could you squeeze Plus in there as well?

Mrs.BlackWaltzX

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for verifying Jake.

So would getting the overall Convention pass allow me to be a spectator at the Brawl singles/doubles? Because I just plan on viewing that, and another tournament as well as catching a concert. :x

Am I allowed to play games that are not part of a tournament at the time?

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
i think there is a seperate pass required to get into both the game / concert.. its probably $5 more, if you buy that you are able to go anywhere in the con, watch all tourney matches for all games, and there is a freeplay area that you are welcome to play at

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
i think there is a seperate pass required to get into both the game / concert.. its probably $5 more, if you buy that you are able to go anywhere in the con, watch all tourney matches for all games, and there is a freeplay area that you are welcome to play at
A little off...

If you get the "Gamer's Pass"(which is $30 with the entrance fee to any tournament) you can go to ALL of the concerts(first come, first serve as capacity allows) play any of the freeplay games you want, go to panels and get access to ANYTHING we offer.

If you want to play in any tournament there is a fee for each tournament you want to enter listed on the site.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I hope so as well.

If we fly into Boston (im assuming its way cheaper) can we get housing/rides/hospitality from thursday to monday?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Does anyone know the projected melee turnout.

based on past tourneys in this area, confirmations etc. I kno its a little early but wanna try and plan if WA comes

Prawn

Smash Master
Does anyone know the projected melee turnout.

based on past tourneys in this area, confirmations etc. I kno its a little early but wanna try and plan if WA comes
Most tournys have a great turnout here. We're close enough to New York and New Jersey where its fairly realistic that every pro from that region is coming out(due to the size of this tournament). I don't know about big names in Melee, but in Brawl there are very big names coming out, so I'd assume the same for Melee. Mass Madness(which is pretty much a local tourny) attracts 40-50 people, and thats like a regional. This one is supposed to be on the national level.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Most tournys have a great turnout here. We're close enough to New York and New Jersey where its fairly realistic that every pro from that region is coming out(due to the size of this tournament). I don't know about big names in Melee, but in Brawl there are very big names coming out, so I'd assume the same for Melee. Mass Madness(which is pretty much a local tourny) attracts 40-50 people, and thats like a regional. This one is supposed to be on the national level.
The biggest Mass Madness we ever had was a couple of months ago and we had 106 people enter Brawl and we had to split Mass Madness into 2 Days!!!

This convention is going to be insane! Check out the guests we just signed!

Over Clocked Remix's

Larry Oji who wrote the soundtrack for Super Street Fighter II HD Remix
David Llyod(djpretzel) founder of OC Remix

Screwattack.com's

Keith (Talking Classics)
He will be reporting for Screwattack.com as well as doing a stand-up show!

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
The biggest Mass Madness we ever had was a couple of months ago and we had 106 people enter Brawl and we had to split Mass Madness into 2 Days!!!

This convention is going to be insane! Check out the guests we just signed!

Over Clocked Remix's

Larry Oji who wrote the soundtrack for Super Street Fighter II HD Remix
David Llyod(djpretzel) founder of OC Remix

Screwattack.com's

Keith (Talking Classics)
He will be reporting for Screwattack.com as well as doing a stand-up show!
yes now i know this jamie bcuz he types with "!!!!!" LOL

hey jamie if i drive down to gameuniverse ... do u guys still buy things like super nintendo and n64's and all those games oh yeah and DS's im tyring tog et rid of all my childhood memories :'(

edit: **** he posted yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom