• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC # 3: APEX! - May 9th & 10th: Princeton, NJ - Reg sat if u want to enter !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey guys BTW we are doing Regional Crews but the guy who had the setup left but I can tell you in about 20 mins I am posting the results. Since we used several Tio Files we will combine them and upload W/ Payouts later but I have to tell you ...

this tournament proved that Brawl isnt a "bad" game just misunderstood. M2K went up to me and smiled and said this in private " I lost and I played my hardest...I got outplayed..." and he wants to continue on and practice more.

Thats what I wanted and thank you guys for supporting me.

Zeborg

Smash Cadet
Hey guys BTW we are doing Regional Crews but the guy who had the setup left but I can tell you in about 20 mins I am posting the results. Since we used several Tio Files we will combine them and upload W/ Payouts later but I have to tell you ...

this tournament proved that Brawl isnt a "bad" game just misunderstood. M2K went up to me and smiled and said this in private " I lost and I played my hardest...I got outplayed..." and he wants to continue on and practice more.

Thats what I wanted and thank you guys for supporting me.
Good ****, M2K. Congrats for an amazing tournament run.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Right, M2K sandbagged in the grand finals of the biggest, most hyped tournament yet, just so MK MIGHT not be banned,...lol
Invest.
M2K throws this match, MK doesnt get banned, M2K wins more easy money.
GG.

Master Raven

Smash Master
lol and M2K would have to place 2nd/3rd at most major OOS tournies because he's obviously willing to do that right?

SpartanX123

Smash Cadet
This tournument did so much for the community.

Thank you Alex and everyone else for making this possible.

Congrats on everyone for playing your best, especially Ally and M2K. I'm proud of you guys, seriously.

~Snack Attack

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
The Ally vs M2K set is up on YouTube right now.
Re-watch it and see if M2K is doing **** that M2k doesnt normally do.

Specifically, the last stock of the last match. See M2K chillin on a C4, waiting for it to blow up.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Alex, Inui, The Mages, good **** running this tourney so well. You guys did a bang up job. But seriously, just from watching the feed I can tell this **** was really well run.

(I never thought I'd give that shout out to Inui)

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Yeah, everyone running the tournament, you guys did an amazing job. Best and most fun tournament I have ever been to. You guys made it happen.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
This was mad fun. Snake ended up beating me lol but placing 5th out of around 220 isnt bad...right? XD I beat Kadaj, Candy, Anther, Atomsk yay!!!! Allys going down next time :)

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
if the last match would've determined if mk would have got banned or not then I think thats pitiful.. i dont think metaknight should get banned and this tourey proved it.. its all with the skill, m2k does not win every tourney b/c he uses metaknight.. he wins because he is the best metaknight player

Just like today, Ally was the better player today & Lain beat the infamous meta with ice climbers.. even if metaknight does not have any disadvantage against any character in the game, the player determines who is going to win

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I really don't think m2k would throw it. There weren't a lot of MK mains that placed on top. Also let's do a little math:

There were 200+ people (I'm basing it on 200 people exactly)
Singles fee was $10 meaning there was at least $2000 in the pot

1st gets 40% + $150 = $950
2nd gets 25% = $500

Does anyone seriously think someone would lose a chance to win at least $450 just to keep MK in?

ANTi_

Smash Hero
M2k never sandbags ally was just the player this time around good stuff to all shoutouts when results come around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom