• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easy ways to spot a New Falco

xanx

Smash Cadet
What are some instant ques as that someone is a new Falco? Example: "Oh you took this character to this stage? You're clearly new" Or something like "You're using this attack on this character at this percent?" Thanks

deadPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Falcos who dash attack in situations where they should nair instead is a good start. Falcos who don't know how to laser pressure, don't know their shine combo game, don't know how to waveshine, don't know movement around the stage, etc. is also a good place to start.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Dash attack approaches, no lasers, bad shield pressure, bad counterpicks, the list goes on and on.

Varist

Smash Lord
I can't believe the first two posts are dissing dash attack, there's your example OP lol

Oskurito

Smash Lord
over use of laser + aerial approach, always goes in, no bait + punish game, doesn't mix his recovery, resorts to spamming lasers and still loses neutral.

Those are the most common mistakes that I can think of right now, we're all been gilty of them at some point in our falco journey.

KevJames

Smash Apprentice
When they do the same timing on dairs/nairs every single time. Never does late aerials into shine to avoid shield grabs.

OninO

Smash Journeyman
For me my biggest "noob habits" that I'm working on eliminating have been:
1) F-smash in neutral for "surprise value" don't do it, it's ****ing stupid.
2) Thirsty dash attacks i.e. long range "surprise" dash attacks. (Cross up dash attacks from mid/close range are still pretty useful though).
3) Long range, early out aerials, basically an easy way to **** up your own pressure game.
4) Lack of tilt utilisation is a big one.

I feel like (personal feeling only) Falco has an awkward range right around his f-tilt/d-tilt range where if you happen to land in that range your options are kind of sketchy/unsafe.

Edit: OH! Oh! Use the jab man, the jab is so ****ing godlike to cover up a mis-spacing in laser pressure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom