• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easy Character to Pick up?

KoreanBBQ

Smash Rookie
So I want to start playing Smash 4 on the Wii U, but I have no clue who to main. I played ZS Samus for a bit and I like her moveset a lot more compared to Brawl. In Melee I had the same problem until I used Marth who my main today in Melee. Any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 269706

Choose a character who you like, and give them some time. If they don't work, go onto another and repeat the process. I think Mario is a really simple character, and he's a great all around character as well. I personally love Falcon, but I can't say that he's necessarily "easy" to pick up.

D

Deleted member

I'd say probably Fox or Mario are pretty good for beginners.

Nuhuh

Smash Rookie
So I want to start playing Smash 4 on the Wii U, but I have no clue who to main. I played ZS Samus for a bit and I like her moveset a lot more compared to Brawl. In Melee I had the same problem until I used Marth who my main today in Melee. Any suggestions?
Little mac or Lucina, mario is also a good one!

ronniem3

Smash Rookie
Might want to go with a character you've played in a previous installment before as you'll just have to adapt to the changes they made for this version (though you may not like the changes).

Otherwise, I think Kirby, Fox, Pit, Captain Falcon, and Falco are pretty easy to pick up.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is like the national starter character. But yeah. Just keep trying people. It's like love. You can't force who you main, you just main them because they're right for you.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Okay so to actually suggest characters. Kirby, Mario, Link, Captain Falcon can be pretty easy to pick up, Falco is a slower and easier to handle Fox, and Pit/Dark Pit as well.

MapleBeasts

Smash Cadet
I find Mario is an excellent choice for beginners, same with Yoshi. They both have relatively straight forward move sets, and in Yoshi's case, a lot of his attacks provide followup opportunities. Both teach you a lot about comboing, and feel rewarding to play, regardless of skill level.

Top Bottom