• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Texas Fight Club V - March 8th, 2014 [Lindale, TX]

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
We are hosting yet another East Texas Fight Club at the Lindale Library, but we are running things a little differently.

Smash Bros Game List:
Brawl [Singles/Teams]
Project M [Singles/Teams]
Melee [Singles/Teams] - Highly dependent on interest!

Schedule:

10:30am - registration starts
12pm - announcements, then brackets will begin immediately after. How many brackets we can do simultaneously is HIGHLY dependent on how many TVs/Wii's are brought. We will be starting at 12pm, so if you're in a carpool you need to be at the venue by 12 noon on the dot.
rest is TBA

Fee Structure:
$10 venue fee (this will be completely waived if one person brings both a TV and a console, if you bring one or the other you will be charged $5 venue) - this rule is non-negotiable
$5 for singles tourneys, $10 for teams

New Rules:
1. Sign-out sheet - if you are still in the bracket for any game and have to leave the premises for any reason (getting food is a prime example), you will be required to sign out. Upon return, you are to notify staff that you are back. This leads into rule #2 ...

2. "5 minute rule" - once your match has been called, you will have 5 mins to report. If you don't show up after 5 minutes, you lose a game and a 2nd 5 min timer starts ... you miss the second timer, you lose your match. Only exception to this is if we are waiting on you for another match.

Other rules will be TBA.

Last edited:

obiwanjermobi

Smash Rookie
NNID
obiwanjermobi
Anyone care to hang out and play before the tourney? I don't have any friends that play smash

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I don't know how easy it'd be to join them all...

I guess I'm joining them all. Teams, anyone?

EDIT: NVM, unless I can get a carpool.

too far, so sad.png

Last edited:

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Go to the ETFC V event page on Facebook (which can be accessed from this link) and read the giant post there. We hope to see you all March 8th!!!

Element of Smash

Scrub Lord
Definitely going, and will probably enter if there is Melee to be had!

EDIT: Yeah a carpool will be needed for this one.

Last edited:

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Definitely going, and will probably enter if there is Melee to be had!

EDIT: Yeah a carpool will be needed for this one.
If you can, please bring a Melee setup if you can stay for the entire duration of the tournaments. If not, drop me a note on Facebook beforehand (look under Michael O'Hara) and I'll see what I can do.

Top Bottom