• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Elites: Super Smash Cancer Results!

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman

&

SUPER SMASH CANCER
March 30th, 2014
Original Thread

Competitive Melee Singles Results ($10 Entry):
1st. VGBC | Redd $186
2. Ether $93
3. Smash G O D $31
Relay Melee Competitive
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
VGBC | Redd
$186.00
2nd
Ether
$93.00
3rd
Smash God
$31.00
4th
Junebug
5th
Savedge
5th
The_Doug
7th
Bwana
7th
Arcadia
9th
Perry
9th
Serbian Ice
9th
Nick Hazard
9th
Jozi
13th
Dconn
13th
Avi
13th
Psyt
13th
Loaf
17th
Sus
17th
Kilo
17th
Casper
17th
Shadocat
17th
Moonphiux
17th
Kabutops
17th
Skywalker
17th
Conn Artist
25th
Miqi
25th
Blue
25th
Rektem
25th
Lamph
25th
Ayot
25th
The Kraken
25th
Script

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Competitive Project M Results ($5 Entry):
1. Junebug $96
2. Smash G O D [Forfeit] $48
3. The_Doug $20

Relay PM Competitive
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Indian Steve (Junebug)
$96.00
2nd
Papa Nooch (Smash GOD) [Forfeit]
$48.00
3rd
The_Doug
$16.00
4th
VGBC | Redd
5th
Arcadia
5th
E2xD
7th
HyperFlame
7th
Savedge
9th
Dconn
9th
HopeForNewDay
9th
Shenk
9th
Shadocat
13th
Bwana
13th
Kelp
13th
Conn Artist
13th
Perry
17th
Ayot
17th
CTFLu
17th
Betta
17th
Miqi
17th
The Kraken
17th
Samstan
17th
Xeradan
17th
Hook
25th
Daguy
25th
Dinky
25th
Uh
25th
Blue
25th
Sus
25th
Ryguy
25th
Middleman
25th
Montie

Last edited:

Ether

Smash Ace
Hey all,

I've been on a month hiatus, and this is probably going to be the second to last tournament I enter. I had a lot of fun at this one.

Dconn - You put in work with that jiggs, man. I'd like to play you in friendlies, because you really have the neutral game figured out.

Seth (I don't know what smash name you go by these days, lol) - Our matches were getting closer and closer! You're a fast learner. It makes me want to try even harder against you next time.

Junebug - Yo, that first game had me giving up hope, lol. But you made the vital mistake of picking Red Sheik vs. me. Never pick red sheik. everrrr

Smash God - I was hoping for the Luigi! I need to test out my anti-Luigi tricks. But you're crazy good and really smart, and I guess I lucked out that you went marth and fox vs me. Also, I had that super motivation to make it to grand finals!

The_Doug - Possibly the most fun set of the tournament for me, because I just relaxed and would have been happy to see you advance, too. Thanks for cheering me on.

Redd - Looks like your Fox really does have the advantage over me. But even though I lost, I felt that the way you spoke to me after helped encourage me to get better rather than make me feel depressed, and I really appreciate that. VGBC did good in sponsoring you. And maybe when I get a better marth (if I keep playing this game), I'll be good enough to team with you.

This tournament was really important for me because there's a slight chance I might have skin cancer. About ten years ago, I went to a clinic and had a patch on my back looked at, and the doctor told me to get it checked out by a dermatologist because it might be cancerous, but I never did. I told myself that if I won this tournament, I'd get it checked out, because if I'm strong enough to beat the some of the best in MD/VA, then health issues should be no prob, but as fate would have it, guess I'm not good enough, lol. But I'm really glad that Redd didn't take it easy on me, and I made sure not to tell anyone so no one would sandbag me, and I think I did well, so maybe I'll still get myself checked out, that and the issue with my hands locking up, which BTW didn't happen for the first tourney in a while! I was finally able to play my best for singles!

The best thing about this tournament was having so many of you guys cheering for me. I rarely have the crowd on my side, and I usually play worse when I'm cheered against (Isai complex, I want my opponent to win if it'll make them happy). Sorry that I couldn't actually win since you guys cheered so much, but maybe next time? Honestly, it was having all of you cheering for me that is making me consider continuing to play this game. It's the ONLY reason, actually, so thank you all so much.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Ether: You already know. <3 I appreciate your words. We'll get together and hyperbolic for a few days.

Thanks so much for hosting Ammad, just got home from dayz of smash. Felt good to actually just have fun without all the frustrations I used to have. This is truly a new beginning and I can't wait to see how 2014 goes for the community.

Top Bottom