• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easier up smash spike...

KrF2

Smash Cadet
if both of you are facing the each other and you hit them with the tip of the sword near the beginning of the upsmash it will spike them down.

Harmonicry

Smash Apprentice
wow.. i had no idea. thanks i suppose. but i doubt it'd be useful for actual spiking and in turn wouldnt the full usmash and a combo after be of more use.

keep in mind that im new to roy. i am an ex-shiek/zelda user but i do have some sense.

its just a question.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
The upsmash spike isn't too great. I'd rather use the DED spike, it's easier to pull and more effective. I guess the smash spike is beater than his u air though.

technomancer

Smash Champion
It's a meteor as well (I believe), and can be DI'd on to the stage or wallteched consistantly as well, and also, doesn't hit sweetspotters, and any time you can pull this off you can also hit with a forward smash.

KrF2

Smash Cadet
if they are over 60% it will kill them. Di won't help much.

technomancer

Smash Champion
if they are over 60% it will kill them. Di won't help much.
So will a forward smash, and if they DI onto the stage, then they'll live, because they'll hit the ground.

I wish Roy had good spikes. I really do. But they are all terrible, because they are either laggy, easy to suicide with, impossible to hit sweetspotters with, or impossible to set up, and all of them can be meteor cancelled.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Both of Roy's spikes are meteors. Highly impractical for spiking unless you specifically want to keep the opponent below you (pointless) or unless the opponent is at an extremely high percentage (where you'd probably want to do a f or d-smash, anyway) and they don't realize they've been spiked.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't Roy have, like, the most spikes in the game?
I guess quality's better than quantity...

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
When it comes to spike the only one of any use is his DED one. I've only ever done the dair once and I've never done the up smash one. Even then, his DED one isn't all that reliable.

Roy-san

Smash Cadet
^^^

...what did that have to do w/ anything?

anyway up spike is very practical, either is the dair so i would prefer DED spike.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Just don't spike. Almost any time you can DED spike, too, you can fsmash.

DK has 3 spikes, and Dorf has 3 and his uair as well, not to mention both on the whole being better at edgeguarding.

Top Bottom