• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Early Smash 5 Fan-Made Rosters (Ideal or Prediction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I would absolutely love to see Cloud become the new Snake. Especially if Snake himself came back lol. I miss the codecs.
Well, that's my ideas for a port. Likely or no?
I think the codecs were much funnier than the Palutena's guidance.

I mean. I'd choose Mac over Starfy too.
Agreed.

I also agree that no cuts or one or two is not happening.

But how many cuts do you think we'll have exactly?

Cause I expect around five of so.
You have to consider that the Climbers were cut due to technical difficulties and Snake was possibly a licencing/company relations issue and Lucas, Doc, Mewtwo and Roy made it back so I'm not sure if they will have as many cuts if there are no technical or legal problems as they seem to be striving to bring back as many as they can. As for who's on the chopping block, I'm not too sure. The clones are obvious choices, but Doc has two games under his belt and Lucina has mascot status with Dark Pit seeming the most likely unless Sakurai is really against cutting him.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
"Mostly the same," proceeds to cut over 8 characters.

I think you're injecting too much personal bias. I agree Fire Emblem has too many characters, but to reduce it back down to two is unwarranted especially when you're adding a new Kid Icararus character as well as an abundance of obscurities.
I actually cut more like 5 characters. Clones aren't their own characters. But yes, I cut 8 spots. 8 out of 58 isn't terribly significant, so yes, the roster IS "mostly the same".

Also I didn't cut FE reps down to two, I left Marth and Ike alone and added "some new FE protagonist" to the list that wasn't Corrin or Robin. So FE has three reps with this list. Of course I fully expected people with Fire Emblem avatars to take the most issue with this list since they can't see past their own personal bias in favor of the series.

Smash NEEDS more obscurities. They're absolutely vital to the game in my view, and the idea that we should trash them in favor of more Fire Emblem reps is simply absurd. I don't care how popular they are, if we simply went with "the most popular choices" all the time then some franchises would never EVER get a chance to shine. We need to consider the smaller fanbases as well.

Regarding Kid Icarus, I only added Hades because more villains would be cool.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Clones aren't their own characters.
Yes they are. They take up resource time.

Don't try to justify your actions with half baked lies.

If its on the character selection screen, its a character.
Of course I fully expected people with Fire Emblem avatars to take the most issue with this list since they can't see past their own personal bias in favor of the series.
Okay first.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Second, I think people even without FE avatars would agree that you're the biased ones here.

I don't have an FE avatar. My mains are all Pokemon and Yoshi. I suppose that means me saying your logic is flawed has more weight then.

Smash NEEDS more obscurities. That's absolutely vital to the game. If we simply went with "the most popular choices" all the time then some franchises would never EVER get a chance to shine. That's the flaw with democracy, the little guys always get screwed. We need to consider the smaller but still dedicated fanbases too.

You know Fire Emblem is a "little guy" right?

It has never been the most popular and it was the definition of a niche but dedicated fanbase for years. It almost died due to lack of sales, how's that for obscure?

Besides that, you think Sakurai doesn't strike a balance? We have :4rob::4shulk::4gaw::4falcon::4ness::4lucas::popo: for crying out loud. They'd all be forgotten trivia pieces without Smash. How's that for obscure?

Moreover, why is your picks for a "little guy" better than another's? Cause you're magically unbiased?

We need to consider the smaller but still dedicated fanbases too.
Unless they're Fire Emblem fans apparently.

Look bud, I'm not exactly keen on Fire Emblem getting any more characters but that doesn't mean we have to cut most of the ones we have. And it doesn't excuse treating Fire Emblem fans like ****.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Get outta here with your cutting Robin, Robin ain't going nowhere. And I'm not someone who particularly cares about FE. I ***** about its overrepresentation on a not-infrequent basis. I'd have no problem if it went back down to, like, three characters. And I don't think it can play the "little guy" card anymore. But we'll probably be keeping more than half of Marth & Friends.

Also I like how your list supposes Sakurai only now realizes how small Olimar should be. I'm imagining that up until now he's just thought everything else in those games was simply oversized, but one night he wakes up suddenly in a cold sweat, sitting perfectly upright at 90 degrees, and mutters "they were small the whole time".

But for real what the **** do you care about canon if you're retaining a roster where one Samus can beat up another, different Samus?

And I guess for my own curiosity I'd be interested in knowing why ROB, WFT, and DHD are on your chopping block, Mr. Champion of the Obscurities. Also Lucario.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I actually cut more like 5 characters. Clones aren't their own characters. But yes, I cut 8 spots. 8 out of 58 isn't terribly significant, so yes, the roster IS "mostly the same".
Regarding Kid Icarus, I only added Hades because more villains would be cool.
As it's been said, clones are characters. Are you insinuating that Luigi was not a character in 64? Never mind he's is literally the number two to the biggest icon in gaming.

And that's not even counting the characters you were borderline cutting. I mean, why Bowser Jr. (and the koopalings)? They are unique and a member of Nintendo's flagship.

Plus, Earthworm Jim is both an obscurity and a third party. In others words, it's not going to happen.

PsychoJosh

Yes they are. They take up resource time.

Don't try to justify your actions with half baked lies.

If its on the character selection screen, its a character.
Your opinion that it's a lie. I don't think it is at all. By your logic the koopalings are also their own characters.

Okay first.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem

Second, I think people even without FE avatars would agree that you're the biased ones here.

I don't have an FE avatar. My mains are all Pokemon and Yoshi. I suppose that means me saying your logic is flawed has more weight then.
That's not even the correct usage of "ad hominem". And yes, having an FE avatar shows clear bias. You're deluded if you think otherwise.

I don't need complicated reasons for making my wishlist the way I did, I made it simply because it's what I want and I don't need another reason.

You know Fire Emblem is a "little guy" right?

It has never been the most popular and it was the definition of a niche but dedicated fanbase for years. It almost died due to lack of sales, how's that for obscure?
And it has had its turn. Now it's the turn of other fanbases. Also Fire Emblem is hardly a "little guy", it has a huge following in Japan. You don't have a clue what you're talking about. It "ALMOST" died? Cry me a river. Try telling that to people whose favorite Nintendo franchises are actually currently dead. FE certainly isn't dead now, it's very much alive and kicking and people won't shut up about it. It's time to give the spotlight to other franchises who are truly dead.

Moreover, why is your picks for a "little guy" better than another's? Cause you're magically unbiased?
Because it's MY roster. Duh.

Look bud, I'm not exactly keen on Fire Emblem getting any more characters but that doesn't mean we have to cut most of the ones we have. And it doesn't excuse treating Fire Emblem fans like ****.
I'd like to know what universe you're from where giving a franchise only three reps is apparently "treating them like ****". So that means Zelda is treated like ****, huh? With that logic, that would mean that they're violating part of the geneva convention by not including any of these other franchises who don't have a single rep. Imagine how they must feel.

Overall, suck it up, FE fans. You've had your time in the sun.

As it's been said, clones are characters. Are you insinuating that Luigi was not a character in 64? Never mind he's is literally the number two to the biggest icon in gaming.

And that's not even counting the characters you were borderline cutting. I mean, why Bowser Jr. (and the koopalings)? They are unique and a member of Nintendo's flagship.

Plus, Earthworm Jim is both an obscurity and a third party. In others words, it's not going to happen.
Lucina, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are so minimally different that they're practically not characters at all. They're more like alternate skins. They're not at all comparable to Luigi.

I didn't cut Bowser Jr., I only said I'd maybe cut him for space considerations. If it's not an issue then I'd keep him.

Earthworm Jim is an obscurity and a third party... so what? As I've already said to you, it's my wishlist. I don't have to cater to anybody when expressing my own desires. He's not really an obscurity either. Obscure characters don't get their own TV show, comic books, action figures and multiple ports of their own games. He was kind of a big deal back in the day.

Get outta here with your cutting Robin, Robin ain't going nowhere. And I'm not someone who particularly cares about FE. I ***** about its overrepresentation on a not-infrequent basis. I'd have no problem if it went back down to, like, three characters. And I don't think it can play the "little guy" card anymore. But we'll probably be keeping more than half of Marth & Friends.
I kept three characters. Marth, Ike, and a third one. That isn't enough for you?

Also I like how your list supposes Sakurai only now realizes how small Olimar should be. I'm imagining that up until now he's just thought everything else in those games was simply oversized, but one night he wakes up suddenly in a cold sweat, sitting perfectly upright at 90 degrees, and mutters "they were small the whole time".
Uh... what?

But for real what the **** do you care about canon if you're retaining a roster where one Samus can beat up another, different Samus?
I don't...? What the hell are you talking about?

And I guess for my own curiosity I'd be interested in knowing why ROB, WFT, and DHD are on your chopping block, Mr. Champion of the Obscurities. Also Lucario.
I cut ROB and Lucario because I don't like them. Simple as that. I don't need another reason.

Wii Fit Trainer was the least well-received of any of the new characters in SSB4, so I don't see how it's shocking to see her gone. But in any case, she and Duck Hunt are only on the "maybe" pile for culling if needed for space concerns, hence why I said I'd only consider cutting them. I don't think it'd be an issue.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Your opinion that it's a lie. I don't think it is at all. By your logic the koopalings are also their own characters.
No. The koopalings aren't on the character select screen. They are a part of Bowser Jr. who is the character on the character select screen.

My statement was clear. Do not muddy it.

That's not even the correct usage of "ad hominem". And yes, having an FE avatar shows clear bias. You're deluded if you think otherwise.
You're saying a quality they have means their point is invalid.

Or how the site puts it.

You attacked your opponent's character or personal traits in an attempt to undermine their argument.

I don't need complicated reasons for making my wishlist the way I did, I made it simply because it's what I want and I don't need another reason.
If it was just a wishlist, we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's your attitude.

Because it's MY roster. Duh.
Then don't insult other people when they make a comment about it.

I'd like to know what universe you're from where giving a franchise only three reps is apparently "treating them like ****". So that means Zelda is treated like ****, huh? Then that would mean that they're violating part of the geneva convention by not including any of these other franchises who don't have a single rep. Imagine how they feel.

Overall, suck it up, FE fans. We need more variety.
Okay bub.

Three characters wasn't treating the FE fans like ****.

Comments like this
Of course I fully expected people with Fire Emblem avatars to take the most issue with this list since they can't see past their own personal bias in favor of the series.
is treating FE fans like ****.

If I said Earthworm Jim fans were so biased they couldn't see their character was dead in the ground, I'd be an asshole, wouldn't I?

Same kind of thing.

Lucina, Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are so minimally different that they're practically not characters at all. They're more like alternate skins. They're not at all comparable to Luigi.
Smash 4 Doc has more unique attacks then Luigi did in Smash 64.

Besides, Lucina and Dark Pit at least has noticable stat differences that create a new playstyle and affect matchups accordingly.

They are not the same characters as Mario, Marth and Pit.

I kept three characters. Marth, Ike, and a third one. That isn't enough for you?
Her point wasn't three characters. Her point was keeping Robin because he doesn't make sense to cut in any way, both Smash wise and Fire Emblem wise.

Uh... what?
I don't...? What the hell are you talking about?
She's referring to comments you made. If you don't remember a point go back and look at your past writings.

Wii Fit Trainer was the least well-received of any of the new characters in SSB4,
Where the hell are you getting this information from? I can name at least five newcomers that were received worse than she was.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Don't mind me

Stuff like this can get you infracted dude.

You aren't allowed to just post a gif.

Edit something meaningful in before a mod comes by.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

No. The koopalings aren't on the character select screen. They are a part of Bowser Jr. who is the character on the character select screen.

My statement was clear. Do not muddy it.
It was a clear lie. The differences between these characters are so minimal that they're practically negligible. Lucina, Dark Pit and Doc were all simply alts until.. they weren't. For whatever reason they decided at the last minute to give them balance differences. So they aren't really new characters.

You're saying a quality they have means their point is invalid.

Or how the site puts it.
I said they demonstrate clear bias. I didn't say their point was invalid. You're conflating the two things which demonstrates you don't know what you're talking about.

If it was just a wishlist, we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's your attitude.
Funny, I don't recall giving anyone attitude until a clear FE fan gave ME attitude FIRST.

Then don't insult other people when they make a comment about it.
Better yet, how about you don't GET insulted by me having an opinion? Offense can only be taken, it can never be given, unless I clearly called you a name to your face, which I didn't.

Okay bub.

Three characters wasn't treating the FE fans like ****.

Comments like this

is treating FE fans like ****.
So stating a fact is treating people like **** now? You're just in your own little universe aren't you?

If I said Earthworm Jim fans were so biased they couldn't see their character was dead in the ground, I'd be an *******, wouldn't I?
So I'm an asshole for stating fact. Gotcha. That's a DEFINITE example ad hominem you're puling there unlike your earlier misinformed example.

I'm done humoring your ridiculous arguments. You're way past breaking rule #1 of this thread.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Private conversations exist for that.
Maybe you're misunderstanding me. I'm not saying we need more personal attacks, I'm saying that's what will get it shut down. As far as this convo goes, it's definitely on topic, just with a lot of belittling being peppered in.

Our conversation is really the only thing not relevant to thread topic right now.

Anyway, if the Paper Mario series were to get a character, but it wasn't Paper Mario themselves, who should it be? I say Rawk Hawk.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It was a clear lie. The differences between these characters are so minimal that they're practically negligible.
But they exist.

That's the point man. Stating that they are different is not a lie.

I said they demonstrate clear bias. I didn't say their point was invalid. You're conflating the two things which demonstrates you don't know what you're talking about.
Bias implies they can't make a clear decision as something is clouding their judgement.

It's why juries with no biases are sought out in court cases and why its bad form for teachers to have their own children in a class.

Bias invalidates many things legally.

If that isn't what you meant, phrase your words better.

Funny, I don't recall giving anyone attitude until a clear FE fan gave ME attitude FIRST.
That wasn't attitude. It was a comment about an inconsistency.

Better yet, how about you don't GET insulted by me having an opinion? Unless I clearly called you something to your face, offense can only be taken, not given.
I'm not insulted about you having an opinion.

I'm insulted at trying to invalidate other opinions.

So stating a fact is treating people like **** now? You're just in your own little universe aren't you?
It isn't a fact though.

So I'm an ******* for stating fact. Gotcha.
So uh...

I never said you were an asshole sir.

I said I'd be an asshole if I said that. That was not meant as an attack on you but was meant to show that your behavior can be viewed as mean. Reversing roles can give some introspective, ya know? Mile in another shoe's and all that.

That was not meant to be taken literally.

I apologize if I didn't make that clearer before.

Unless this goes on for days with way worse personal attacks, I disagree, let them handle it.
Only days?

Let ol' Uncle Swamp tell you a story about a guy named Divine Deity.

That guy got into fights with EVERYONE and it went on for months. Called me and Golden demons,frequently insulted people for a variety of reasons, harassed LGBTQ users, basically, just an unlikable poop head. But then he challenges me to a "debate." That ended in hysterics but I won't go into that for now.

This is tame all things considering.

Still.

Considering the latest posts, I'd suggest a mod to lock this thread for a while.

What do you think A Distant Demon A Distant Demon and @Engineer FalКoopa ?
If it wasn't so late and the argument was basically done, yeah we should have had a lock.

Still its' late/early for the mods, so it'll be cool when they come back.

Private conversations exist for that.

Ace Attorney gifs are no fun in PMs tho.

As for Paper Mario, I'm partial to Count Bleck myself.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Is there an updated version of the roster designer that includes all of the Smash 4 DLC that I can easily download? I'd like to make a roster at some point for fun, and while I have the one posted in the link from the first post, I'm really bothered by the lack of all the original icons from Smash 4 at this point. I'll post my thoughts on a roster later when I'm more inclined to type the necessary justifications and I have the picture ready.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is there an updated version of the roster designer that includes all of the Smash 4 DLC that I can easily download? I'd like to make a roster at some point for fun, and while I have the one posted in the link from the first post, I'm really bothered by the lack of all the original icons from Smash 4 at this point. I'll post my thoughts on a roster later when I'm more inclined to type the necessary justifications and I have the picture ready.
I know there is, but I don't know where to find it unfortunately.

PsychoJosh

But they exist.

That's the point man. Stating that they are different is not a lie.
The differences are so negligible as to be moot. So I don't count them as "full" characters. If they introduced a mode to apply your own balance changes to certain costumes then they'd entirely disappear as unique characters. And who's to say that wouldn't happen in my version of Smash?

Bias implies they can't make a clear decision as something is clouding their judgement.

It's why juries with no biases are sought out in court cases and why its bad form for teachers to have their own children in a class.

Bias invalidates many things legally.

If that isn't what you meant, phrase your words better.
So... you're roleplaying as Blackquill now? You're quite... unique, aren't you?

Anyways, this isn't really a legal battle, this is a simple argument on the internet, so of course it doesn't mean the same thing in this context. But in all honesty, I don't really need to demonstrate that they're biased to invalidate their points. They're invalidated simply because it's my roster and I can do what I like with it.

It isn't a fact though.
Yes it is, and the fact that we're disputing this means we're obviously never going to see eye to eye, so I'd like to end this here.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The differences are so negligible as to be moot. So I don't count them as "full" characters. If they introduced a mode to apply your own balance changes to certain costumes then they'd entirely disappear as unique characters. And who's to say that wouldn't happen in my version of Smash?
Except Smash 4 has that and they're still considered their own characters.

So... you're roleplaying as Blackquill now? You're quite... unique, aren't you?
I'm using gifs but I'm not roleplaying sir. Ace Attorney gifs are pretty common here actually. It was a good way of keeping arguments more lighthearted.

That said, there's no point in being passive aggressive at this point. Argument is done. So don't try and talk down on me.

Besides I'm hardly the most "unique" one here. After all. Psycho is in your name. :troll:

But in all honesty, I don't really need to demonstrate that they're biased to invalidate their points. They're invalidated simply because it's my roster and I can do what I like with it.
Then answer their questions and address their statements without getting defensive. The original comment wasn't inflammatory in any way dude.
Yes it is, and the fact that we're disputing this means we're obviously never going to see eye to eye, so I'd like to end this here.
You said that a while ago. I agreed to end it and you still typed this.

I have a feeling it won't end here, but it would be nice if it did. I think that's what everyone wants at this point.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fire Emblem fandom aside for a moment, and in all seriousness, I just wanted to say something about the Robin thing.

PsychoJosh PsychoJosh
Obviously I know it's your roster and obviously it comes down to your personal choice (hell, I cut Zero Suit Samus from mine because I dislike duplicate identities, and Captain Falcon just because I didn't like him...I fully understand the personal choice aspect, and I have no room to attack you there). That being said I believe keeping Robin is very important, even if the series is only cut down to two veterans. Fire Emblem has always been a sort of "sword and sorcery" type of tactical series. By getting rid of Robin, half of that is cut out.

So honestly, I think if you don't have any attachment to any Fire Emblem character, want to cut the six veterans down to two and add a newcomer, and who is picked doesn't matter too much, I'd say it'd be more beneficial to the roster itself to keep Marth and Robin more than Marth and Ike. Yes, Ike is the most popular, but Robin offers more to stand out and helps fully represent the series. With Marth and Robin, you get a mix of Old+New, Swords+Magic.

Just my opinion, really. Obviously if you have more of an attachment to ones on your roster currently, by all means keep them. I'm just saying that if you have no attachments whatsoever, keeping Robin over Ike may be more beneficial from a roster diversity standpoint. That's all.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't really have much attachment to Fire Emblem as a series (I've only played Awakening and part of Fates, and I have no interest in the older games since the permanent death mechanic seems way too stressful) or Fire Emblem in Smash (I don't find the characters to be fun to play as), but I feel like Robin should stick around - they're probably the most unique Fire Emblem character on the current roster in terms of what they're capable of (seeing as, unlike most of the FE characters, they're more than just a swordsman).

Not only do they represent an entirely different and far more versatile way of fighting in Fire Emblem (magic), but they also work in Fire Emblem's game mechanics with weapon durability.

Six characters seems like way too much for Fire Emblem, and five is pushing it a bit in my eyes (though at least that could be justified, given the sheer amount of characters those games have), but four characters (Marth, Ike, Robin, and whoever) doesn't seem like that big of an issue.

Last edited:
Yeah we spent way too much time on critiquing one roster and arguing about it.

Some weird opinions here and there but whatever.

If you want to discuss logic of certain things take it to the general thread or PMs. Otherwise go back to fan rosters here.

RedBr971

Smash Cadet
Well i saw the thread wasnt going Well so waited a bit to argue, but cutting 3 characters won't happen. Ever. Since FE fans would be sad, but of course you have your opinion. But i Will still say, before removing clones try to "save" them by decloning them, it would be better, anyone against it?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well i saw the thread wasnt going Well so waited a bit to argue, but cutting 3 characters won't happen. Ever. Since FE fans would be sad, but of course you have your opinion. But i Will still say, before removing clones try to "save" them by decloning them, it would be better, anyone against it?
In the end I think we should look at whether they're worth decloning, if that makes sense. Yeah, you could declone Dark Pit, but for your own ideal roster if you don't like Dark Pit, what's the point? It's just more work going toward a character you don't even like in the first place.

I do think people too often miss that ideal rosters aren't always realistic ones. There's a big difference there.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
On the contrary. We need more of those.

I'll start.
Your butt smells.

There. I'm done for the day. :V
Reported.

:troll:

Prediction rosters will be held to a little more scrutiny.

Last edited:

RedBr971

Smash Cadet
In the end I think we should look at whether they're worth decloning, if that makes sense. Yeah, you could declone Dark Pit, but for your own ideal roster if you don't like Dark Pit, what's the point? It's just more work going toward a character you don't even like in the first place.

I do think people too often miss that ideal rosters aren't always realistic ones. There's a big difference there.
Good point but this thread is for ideal or predictions? I think we should separate threads for the 2 things

Arthur97

Smash Master
Yeah, if all clones were always cut, Luigi would not be the fighter he is today, nor would Falco have gained some uniqueness (say what you will about the changes, but at least he is different from Fox now). Ganondorf could still use some work though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Good point but this thread is for ideal or predictions? I think we should separate threads for the 2 things
The thread's for both, as to avoid clutter on the thread list.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Fan Game: Super Smash Bros. 100
A fan fantasy featuring a roster of 100 characters + Bonus clones. Keep in mind that no characters are added for the sole purpose of competing with the amount of characters of less iconic universes. So if you don't see Waddle Dee, that's why.
* = Character move set derives inspiration from another.
() = Character appears as an alternate skin.

Super Mario

• Mario
  • Luigi*
  • Princess Peach
  • Bowser
  • Bowser Jr. (The Koopalings)
  • Rosalina & Luma
  • Geno
Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dixie Kong*
  • King K. Rool
  • Pauline
The Legend of Zelda
  • Link
  • Princess Zelda
  • Sheik (Impa)
  • Ganondorf
  • Toon Link*
  • Toon Zelda*
  • Skull Kid + Tatl & Tael
  • Midna
  • Ghirahim
Metroid
  • Samus Aran
  • Zero Suit Samus
Yoshi
  • Yoshi
Kirby
  • Kirby
  • Meta Knight
  • King Dedede
Star Fox
  • Fox McCloud
  • Falco Lombardi*
  • Wolf O'Donnel*
Pokemon
  • Pikachu
  • Jigglypuff
  • Squirtle
  • Ivysaur
  • Charizard
  • Mewtwo
  • Blaziken
  • Lucario
  • Genesect
  • Greninja
  • Decidueye
F-Zero
  • Captain Falcon
  • Samurai Goroh*
EarthBound/Mother
  • Ness
  • Lucas*
Fire Emblem
  • Marth
  • Roy*
  • Ike
  • Robin
  • Corrin
  • Lyndis
  • Hector
  • Camilla
  • Tharja
  • Alm & Celicia
Kid Icarus
  • Pit
  • Palutena
  • Viridi
Pikmin
  • Olimar (Alph): Red, Yellow, & Blue Pikmin
  • Louie* (Brittany): White, Purple, & Rock Pikmin
Wario Land
  • Wario
  • Waluigi
Animal Crossing
  • Villager
Wii Fit
  • Wii Fit Trainer
Punch-Out!!
  • Little Mac
Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Shulk
  • Elma
Pandora's Tower
  • Aeron & Elena
The Last Story
  • Zael
Ice Climber
  • Ice Climbers
Duck Hunt
  • Duck Hunt Duo
The Mysterious Murasame Castle
  • Takamaru
Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir
  • Ayumi Tachibana
Splatoon
  • Inkling Girl
Arms
  • Spring Man
  • Ribbon Girl*
Golden Sun
  • Isaac
The Legendary Starfy
  • Starfy
Chibi-Robo
  • Chibi-Robo
Rhythm Heaven
  • Rhythm Heaven Troupe
Game & Watch
  • Mr. Game & Watch
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • R.O.B.
Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Miles "Tails" Prower
  • Knuckles The Echidna
  • Shadow The Hedgehog*
Mega Man
  • Mega Man
Pac-Man
  • Pac-Man (Ms. Pac-Man)
Metal Gear
  • Snake
Street Fighter
  • Ryu
Final Fantasy
  • Cloud Strife
  • Terra Bradford
Bayonetta
  • Bayonetta
Bomberman
  • Bomberman
Castlevania
  • Simon Belmont
Tales of Symphonia
  • Lloyd Irving
Shovel Knight
  • Shovel Knight
Shantae
  • Shantae
Banjo-Kazooie
  • Banjo & Kazooie
Perfect Dark
  • Joanna Dark
Bonus Characters
  • Dr. Mario*
  • Dry Bowser*
  • Pichu*
  • Dark Pit*
  • Lucina*
  • Starly*
  • Mii Brawler
  • Mii SwordFighter
  • Mii Gunner

What are your suggestions?

Last edited:

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
^ Not quoting because page length.

100 characters and you couldn't get a second Yoshi rep? Also, I think Donkey Kong Jr. has more moveset potential than Pauline. I like the inclusions of Ayumi, Simon and Lloyd though.

Good idea. There's so many great character ideas, I think these (ideal) rosters should be bigger.

Last edited:

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
100 characters and you couldn't get a second Yoshi rep?
Yoshi doesn't have any. The only other main character in the game is Kamek who is just a Magikoopa from Super Mario World. If he had defining characteristics that made him unique in the Yoshi universe, then I would consider him a character. But, he's just a Super Mario enemy with a name.

All of the Yoshi characters are just Mario characters in disguise. Yoshi himself isn't even really a Yoshi character. He's a Mario character with his own emblem.

Like I said. I'm not adding any characters just to beef up the amount that a universe has.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Fan Game: Super Smash Bros. 100
A fan fantasy featuring a roster of 100 characters + Bonus clones. Keep in mind that no characters are added for the sole purpose of competing with the amount of characters of less iconic universes. So if you don't see Waddle Dee, that's why.
* = Character move set derives inspiration from another.
() = Character appears as an alternate skin.

Super Mario

• Mario
  • Luigi*
  • Princess Peach
  • Bowser
  • Bowser Jr. (The Koopalings)
  • Rosalina & Luma
  • Geno
Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dixie Kong*
  • King K. Rool
  • Pauline
The Legend of Zelda
  • Link
  • Princess Zelda
  • Sheik (Impa)
  • Ganondorf
  • Toon Link*
  • Toon Zelda*
  • Skull Kid + Tatl & Tael
  • Midna
  • Ghirahim
Metroid
  • Samus Aran
  • Zero Suit Samus
Yoshi
  • Yoshi
Kirby
  • Kirby
  • Meta Knight
  • King Dedede
Star Fox
  • Fox McCloud
  • Falco Lombardi*
  • Wolf O'Donnel*
Pokemon
  • Pikachu
  • Jigglypuff
  • Squirtle
  • Ivysaur
  • Charizard
  • Mewtwo
  • Blaziken
  • Lucario
  • Genesect
  • Greninja
  • Decidueye
F-Zero
  • Captain Falcon
  • Samurai Goroh*
EarthBound/Mother
  • Ness
  • Lucas*
Fire Emblem
  • Marth
  • Roy*
  • Ike
  • Robin
  • Corrin
  • Lyndis
  • Hector
  • Camilla
  • Tharja
  • Alm & Celicia
Kid Icarus
  • Pit
  • Palutena
  • Viridi
Pikmin
  • Olimar (Alph): Red, Yellow, & Blue Pikmin
  • Louie* (Brittany): White, Purple, & Rock Pikmin
Wario Land
  • Wario
  • Waluigi
Animal Crossing
  • Villager
Wii Fit
  • Wii Fit Trainer
Punch-Out!!
  • Little Mac
Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Shulk
  • Elma
Pandora's Tower
  • Aeron & Elena
The Last Story
  • Zael
Ice Climber
  • Ice Climbers
Duck Hunt
  • Duck Hunt Duo
The Mysterious Murasame Castle
  • Takamaru
Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir
  • Ayumi Tachibana
Splatoon
  • Inkling Girl
Arms
  • Spring Man
  • Ribbon Girl*
Golden Sun
  • Isaac
The Legendary Starfy
  • Starfy
Chibi-Robo
  • Chibi-Robo
Rhythm Heaven
  • Rhythm Heaven Troupe
Game & Watch
  • Mr. Game & Watch
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • R.O.B.
Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Sonic The Hedgehog
  • Miles "Tails" Prower
  • Knuckles The Echidna
  • Shadow The Hedgehog*
Mega Man
  • Mega Man
Pac-Man
  • Pac-Man (Ms. Pac-Man)
Metal Gear
  • Snake
Street Fighter
  • Ryu
Final Fantasy
  • Cloud Strife
  • Terra Bradford
Bayonetta
  • Bayonetta
Bomberman
  • Bomberman
Castlevania
  • Simon Belmont
Tales of Symphonia
  • Lloyd Irving
Shovel Knight
  • Shovel Knight
Shantae
  • Shantae
Banjo-Kazooie
  • Banjo & Kazooie
Perfect Dark
  • Joanna Dark
Bonus Characters
  • Dr. Mario*
  • Dry Bowser*
  • Pichu*
  • Dark Pit*
  • Lucina*
  • Starly*
  • Mii Brawler
  • Mii SwordFighter
  • Mii Gunner

What are your suggestions?
Over all, I really like a lot of the choices. There are a few I'm not as keen on, like Tharja, Camilla, or Shadow, but hey, pros outweigh the cons. I do have some questions though.

- Why Pauline over Cranky Kong?
- How about Isabelle? I think she could have a neat move set based around terraforming with public works projects and ordinances, alongside a sillier Phoenix Wright type of style for close combat.
- I do question Alm and Celica as a duo, since their game lacks Pair-Up and, post game aside...
The two only fight together on the final boss map.
What exactly did you have in mind for them? Definitely curious.

All in all, I like it (though I wish Chrom was there, haha). Lots of good picks.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Over all, I really like a lot of the choices. There are a few I'm not as keen on, like Tharja, Camilla, or Shadow, but hey, pros outweigh the cons. I do have some questions though.

- Why Pauline over Cranky Kong?
Why Cranky Kong over Pauline? Pauline is an iconic part of Nintendo's history. The first damsel in distress from the iconic Donkey Kong Arcade game. I thought it'd be incredibly interesting to see her make a comeback to beat the crap out of other Nintendo characters.
- How about Isabelle? I think she could have a neat move set based around terraforming with public works projects and ordinances, alongside a sillier Phoenix Wright type of style for close combat.
Villager's move set is already based off the game Animal Crossing itself. So it does a sufficient job of representing the series. Having another Animal Crossing character when you have villager would be like having another Game & Watch character when you have Mr. Game & Watch. But, I'd love to see Isabelle given the love she has in the hearts of Animal Crossing fans.

- I do question Alm and Celica as a duo, since their game lacks Pair-Up and, post game aside...
The two only fight together on the final boss map.
What exactly did you have in mind for them? Definitely curious.
I guess I should have clarified. I was thinking like more of a tag team. Not like Ice Climbers or Zelda & Sheik, but maybe more like Diddy & Dixie in Donkey Kong Country 2.

Maybe not necessarily have them on screen at the same time, but switch in and out and combine their abilities. Alm could use Celicia's magic, and the two would share the same move set, but provide differences with their own unique characterisitics. I didn't really think it out. I was just throwing out the idea of them aiding each other in SOME way.

All in all, I like it (though I wish Chrom was there, haha). Lots of good picks.
Thanks, man (or woman). I appreciate it. I was also considering adding Alucard, but there wasn't room.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Villager's move set is already based off the game Animal Crossing itself. So it does a sufficient job of representing the series. Having another Animal Crossing character when you have villager would be like having another Game & Watch character when you have Mr. Game & Watch. But, I'd love to see Isabelle given the love she has in the hearts of Animal Crossing fans.
I disagree. Villagers moveset mostly shows what they can actively do in the game (pull weeds, plant trees, shoot slingshot pellets, etc) and even then, there are quite a few things missing. There's enough untapped potential left in AC to get both Isabelle and Nook in the game with barely any overlap in moves and would make them both unique and in-character. Your roster is fine though, loving the fact you added Camilla, Terra and Shantae.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Your roster is fine though, loving the fact you added Camilla, Terra and Shantae.
With Fire Emblem I made sure to add the super popular characters. With Pokemon I made sure to add one character for each gen. And with Zelda I made sure to add a character from each N64-Wii console games. aka the assist trophies that everyone wanted to be playable so badly.

And I heard that Terra is a popular Final Fantasy character and that Sakurai considered her.

PiChuChu

Smash Cadet
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::rosalina::4yoshi::4bowser::4bowserjr:(Paper Mario):4wario2:(Waluigi):4dk::4diddy:(Dixie Kong) (King K. Rool)
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf:(Skull Kid) :4tlink::4samus::4zss:(Sylux):4pit::4gaw::4littlemac::4duckhunt::4rob:
:4marth::4feroy::4myfriends:(Chrom):4robinm::4corrin::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight:(Waddle Dee):4fox::4falco::wolf:
:4pikachu::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja:(Decidueye) (Lycanroc) :4ness::4lucas::4falcon::4villager:
(Isaac) :4olimar::4shulk:(Inkling) (Ribbon Girl) :4drmario::4pacman::4ryu::4megaman::4sonic::4cloud:

:4mario::4luigi::4peach:(Daisy):rosalina::4yoshi::4bowser::4bowserjr::4larry::4morton::4wendy::4iggy::4lemmy::4roy::4ludwig::4wario::4dk::4diddy:(Chunky Kong)
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::younglinkmelee:(Young Zelda):4tlink::4samus::4zss:(Marine):4pit::4palutena:(Viridi) (Medusa) (Hades):4gaw::4duckhunt::4rob:
:4marth:(Caeda):4feroy:(Eliwood) :4myfriends::4robinm::4robinf::4corrin::4corrinf:(Alfonse):4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco:(Slippy) (Peppy)
:172::4pikachu::026::4charizard::174::4jigglypuff::040::4mewtwo::drshrug::4lucario::4greninja::substitute::4ness::4lucas::4falcon::4villagerf:
:4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4drmario:(Dr. Luigi):4darkpit:(Darker Pit):4lucina::4alph::4pacman::4ryu::4megaman::4sonic::yeahboi::4cloud::4bayonetta::troll::4mii:

DLC: (Goku) (Spongebob) (Shrek)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom