• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Invitational Attendee 'Milktea' Publishes Vlog on E3 Smash Experience

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
This past E3, Nintendo's Super Smash Brothers Invitational @ E3 garnered a lot of attention from the gaming media and the Smash community alike. One of the competitors at the invitational, community figure Lil 'Milktea' Chen, recorded a lot of backstage footage in order to give the community a behind-the-scenes look at the inner workings of the E3 Invitational. Her video includes many familiar faces from Smash as well as League of Legends - fans of the deeper community aspect of Smash will be sure to appreciate it. Watch the vlog below!

What did you think? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit wishes he had been there for everything so he could get in on the joke around weird hashtags like #ihatetafokints. Chat with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Vid started off looking like a weird gaming rave aha. Nice to see so many of the big personalities of the smash community just enjoying themselves together :D

Smash might be the only Reality TV thing I could enjoy. Questioning my interests now lol

Last edited:

Drover

Smash Cadet
I think the reason why at the invitational a few people kept holding up the Pikachu signs was because Milktea was using Pikachu. Someone held that sign up every round.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Props to Milktea for showing the rest of us around like that.

I hope Sakurai and Nintendo see this and just know how much the whole event meant to everyone in the community.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
This was great, I'm glad Milktea was able to do this, it looked like a lot of fun. I'm hoping that there will be another invitational sometime. And her hair is awesome.

Last edited:

UriNATE

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1392-5619-0492
Why did you go blond Milktea, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps Lilian forgot that she wasn't allowed to change anything that _she_ approves of towards her appearance without clarifying whether Paradoxium approved of her decisions or not.

Screw her, right? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It was quite charming to see what a tight knit group you guys are, looked like lots of fun! :D

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Great little documentation of the behind the scenes of E3 and the people who went to the invitational. Loved the video, loved the brotherhood between everybody, and loved how excited everyone was. I got excited about this past E3 just watching this, haha. Well done!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Great Vlog, Milktea! :D It helped me relive the events of E3, it felt like a very special time to time, and I'm glad you showed us a bit of the inner workings, and why Smash Bros. unites players across the world.

E-ColeWorld

Smash Apprentice
glad you shared your experience with the rest of us. Knowing not all can make it to E3, but you had our backs tho. I can tell all 16 and attendies had lots of fun. THANKS FOR SHARING!!!
#Coleworld

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
good video :3

also lol twinkie

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Perhaps Lilian forgot that she wasn't allowed to change anything that _she_ approves of towards her appearance without clarifying whether Paradoxium approved of her decisions or not.

Screw her, right? :rolleyes:
So what if i think Brunette hair looks better than blond? I didn't say anything mean or wrong, I just asked why she went blond. This is smashboards, where we are allowed to state our opinions, if you aren't okay with that then you should probably head back to tumblr.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
So what if i think Brunette hair looks better than blond? I didn't say anything mean or wrong, I just asked why she went blond. This is smashboards, where we are allowed to state our opinions, if you aren't okay with that then you should probably head back to tumblr.
If you posted a picture of yourself and someone was like 'your hair's the wrong color' or 'why are his arms and legs so hairy?????' they'd be reaching past the bounds of decency.

What you said pretty much implied that she made a mistake in changing her appearance, and that your opinion on what she looks like is the more valid of the two. Not cool. Also watch your language.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
If you posted a picture of yourself and someone was like 'your hair's the wrong color' or 'why are his arms and legs so hairy?????' they'd be reaching past the bounds of decency.

What you said pretty much implied that she made a mistake in changing her appearance, and that your opinion on what she looks like is the more valid of the two. Not cool. Also watch your language.
Both of you need to calm down. He asked a question with an implication that he isn't fond of it, not that he despises it.

If everything was butt bumping happy agree all the time land we wouldn't be where we are today.

I bet it took a lot of balls to single out a person for his opinion on hairstyles.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Both of you need to calm down. He asked a question with an implication that he isn't fond of it, not that he despises it.

If everything was butt bumping happy agree all the time land we wouldn't be where we are today.

I bet it took a lot of balls to single out a person for his opinion on hairstyles.
I'm glad you think objectification isn't a big deal.

D

Deleted member

omg u guyize r soe meeean 2 meektea, if shee wats her haire 2 b blund, then who r u 2 say otterwise??.!!,,!..??

u guys kep treating wimmens like ojects and Imm getting prty suck of it.....

Paradoxium

Smash Master

I didn't reach past the bounds of decency, I also did not say anything mean or offensive and I certainly was not trying to be rude . She looks good in blond, but imo I think she looked better with darker hair. If a unanimous poster were to say that to me over the internet I wouldn't care, I don't think anyone should care if a random poster on smashboards with a shadow the hedgehog portrait likes brunette more than blond. You two make it sound like I straight up said she was ugly, all I did was ask why she went blond. Seriously you guys sound like tumblr regulars, who immediately strike down anyone who states an opinion about someones appearance. If i were to cross the line then it would be fine for you to single me out, but I didn't even get close. You should just drop it at this point because you aren't going to change my view or opinions, so its pretty pointless to continue.

And directed toward the thread: I loved the vid, I didn't get to go to E3 (Or watch the stream) so its awesome to see what it was like.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
congratulations smashboards on continuing to take every possible opportunity you can to make yourselves look stupid as hell when a woman appears

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
@ Paradoxium Paradoxium a valuable lesson to learn in life is just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you absolutely need to say it completely uninvited, nobody cares and that's what tumblr blogs are for. now what was that about going back there?

also your original comment was put pretty damn rudely just fyi

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jesus, anytime we have a Milktea article, **** gets stirred up.

I wish people could not get offended and go trying to defend a person that probably doesn't even care about an "insult" of such minor magnitude.

You seriously think it's that big of a deal that someone commented about Milktea's hair color? Do you even think she would care herself? Why even bother with Paradoxium if you guys know he's wrong to begin with? Isn't better to not address an issue that doesn't need to be addressed? Defending Milktea out of spite because you think a silly comment about her looking better or worse with blond hair is pretty stupid.

I'm sure that if the genders were swapped, and someone, not even trash talking, just simply said, "M2K, why did you dye your hair black? Why?", you guys wouldn't even bother replying to them.

Jesus, anytime we have a Milktea article, **** gets stirred up.

I wish people could not get offended and go trying to defend a person that probably doesn't even care about an "insult" of such minor magnitude.

You seriously think it's that big of a deal that someone commented about Milktea's hair color? Do you even think she would care herself? Why even bother with Paradoxium if you guys know he's wrong to begin with? Isn't better to not address an issue that doesn't need to be addressed? Defending Milktea out of spite because you think a silly comment about her looking better or worse with blond hair is pretty stupid.

I'm sure that if the genders were swapped, and someone, not even trash talking, just simply said, "M2K, why did you dye your hair black? Why?", you guys wouldn't even bother replying to them.
this is exactly what milktea wants, white knights to come to her rescue

Last edited:
Top Bottom