• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

e3 2015 discussion

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It's almost here. Predictions? Dreams? Discussion. What are you hoping to see?

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I hoping to see Mario Maker and the new Star Fox game that is currently being made. I would also like to see some Smash content too like Roy and Ryu.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm hoping for new Smash characters, Animal Crossing for Wii U, and a new Pokemon game.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Metroid is imminent! But we probably still won't hear from it this year :(

I suspect we'll hear about dlc stuff we already know about and a proper Star Fox reveal. Wooly Yoshi stuff (which personally, i could care less about) And maybe some smash brothers stuff? (ROYS OUR BOY) But i'd be happy to hear some progress on Zelda Wiiu though :0

dezeray112

Smash Hero
From Nintendo's perspective, I predict the following:

- At least some news of Smash DLC is guaranteed and I think they could unveil at least 1 or 2 characters
- More details about Starfox Wii U
- More details of Xenoblade Chronicles X
- More details on the Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem game
- Fire Emblem If details
- Pokken Tournament gets a Wii U port
- Animal Crossing Wii U
- Possibility of further Mario Kart 8 DLC content
- Project X Zone 2 details
- Great Ace Attorney gets localised

I still hope for a new F-Zero game for either Wii U or the 3DS.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I expect Roy or Ryu. Maybe both with Roy being available after the... No, that'd be weird with Lucas coming out so soon.

I could see more on amiibo lines. Maybe a starfox one to coincide with that/make it so people actually have a chance of getting fox again? Then AGAIN, Falco isn't even out in the Smash line, so it'd be weird to have those two come out fairly close to one another. Hm.

I really, really want a localization announcement for the new Rhythm Heaven game and maybe a new game from Retro, but I'd want it to be something that isn't DK or Metroid. Let 'em try something new.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Dai Gyakuten Saiban English release please, that's the main thing I want

Expecting at least one DLC character from either Roy, Ryu, or Wolf. Also some info on Splatoon DLC and/or updates. Hoping for a release date for Xenoblade X too.
A new F-Zero would be great, but I'm not holding my breath.

Agro_98

Smash Cadet
NNID
leafsfan98
I'm hoping to see whatever Retro Studios has been working on, I love DKC Returns, Tropical Freeze, and the prime trilogy so I'm excited to see whats next. Definitely the new Star Fox and any surprise announcements from Nintendo, crossing my fingers for a new F-Zero. As for non-Nintendo stuff, fallout 4 and uncharted 4

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Also if I were to state some non Nintendo stuff, I would expect the following:

- Street Fighter V news (hopefully more new characters announced.)
- Tekken 7 news
- The new Tales of game
- Kingdom Hearts III news
- Uncharted 4 news
- Dissidia Final Fantasy arcade gets ported to consoles

Dr.SMASHING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolSean
3DS FC
3110-4089-5828
I'm really hoping for some Smash DLC news, preferably. Wolf or Roy..or both.

Star Fox U news please!

Animal Crossing U I'm praying for. I'm ADDICTED to ACNL.

TerraCaty'

Smash Cadet
NNID
IndubitablyMe
3DS FC
1118-0357-0894
I'm also hoping for Metroid Starfox and Smash DLC news (Roy's still my boy and Geno needs a home)

Xenoblade Chronicles X will be showcased without a doubt in my mind

Fingers crossed for a new F-Zero, the MK8 DLC was nice but MK ISN'T F-ZERO (also ONLINE RACING MAN)

More Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem news would be nice

Zelda 2015 2016 Is kinda iffy but I think be appropriate to update everyone

POKEMON SNAP U FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE GAMEFREAK

Also this is REALLY far-fetched but Gamecube Virtual Console support and expanded Gamecube Adapter use

I was also going to say a New/Revived Megaman title but Capcom just released all the games they'll showcase.
A new Megaman Retro Collection will be released. Really Capcom. Really.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I doubt Nintendo will release an F-Zero game for the Wii U since they've used the F-Zero theme for Mario Kart 8 courses.

I would, however, like to get a new Wipeout game for the PlayStation 4 because that game mixes the best aspects of F-Zero and Mario Kart.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I wasn't really wishing a new F-Zero game, until I tried out 200cc in mute city in mario kart. Now I can't help but be hyped.
Well, both F-Zero and F-Zero X are on the Virtual Console if you want to try the series in earnest. F-Zero 1 is great, but X will be more in line with what a sequel would look/feel like.

I doubt Nintendo will release an F-Zero game for the Wii U since they've used the F-Zero theme for Mario Kart 8 courses.

I would, however, like to get a new Wipeout game for the PlayStation 4 because that game mixes the best aspects of F-Zero and Mario Kart.
Gotta disagree. WipEout is very good, but to me, it's like if Smash just had the Wire Frame fighters from Melee or the polygons from 64 instead of the Nintendo characters. It is absolutely mechanically sound and impressive, but it has no soul or charm to go along with it. I consequently find it much harder to get into than F-Zero. Plus, I just prefer the way F-Zero handles.

But certainly I'd like to see a new WipEout. Any attention paid to franchises like these would be nice.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Warning Received
The wait is killing me

Last edited by a moderator:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'd like an E3 that isn't a sterile and boring corporate ****show.

There was a time when the people who attended E3 were actually hyped to be there.

If we get a reveal and reaction like this I'd be happy, but it's not going to happen.

Man those were the days though

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
When's the E3 again? It hasn't already passed, has it?
Well, if it hasn't, then, I could really go for another online multiplayer game. Perhaps an online co-op adventure one? I have a liking toward that specific type of game. Also, Fire Emblem If looks and seems amazing, but I don't think I'll buy it. Fire Emblem Awakening was and forever will be the story that I've emotionally bonded to. Not to mention, Robin is definitely superior to Kamui in every way possible.
If E3 has passed, then my mistake.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just as long it will makes us go crazy, everything.

Octavium

''Fear doesn't stop death, it stops life.''
Your retina to your occipital lobe as you read.
Just as long it will makes us go crazy, everything.
I wish to say the same, but If we get no new metroid game, I might actually drink myself to sleep in sadness tonight :grin:. Its been 5 years nintendo :confused:!

Still really hype about anything new from Nintendo though, all games they released this generation have been near perfect despite the Wii U not selling as well.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I wish to say the same, but If we get no new metroid game, I might actually drink myself to sleep in sadness tonight :grin:. Its been 5 years nintendo :confused:!

Still really hype about anything new from Nintendo though, all games they released this generation have been near perfect despite the Wii U not selling as well.
Wii U is selling more and more better to be true.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%

Well, during the Nintendo World Championships 2015, they revealed what appears to be a Metroid-styled "Blast Ball" for the 3DS. So no need go drink yourself to sleep, Octavium!

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
I'm hoping for something new and not have the Digital Event be a complete DLC-fest. I'm also hoping for possible Zelda U news, but knowing Nintendo, they still won't show anything else concerning it. For other games I'm expecting to see, more KH3 news, but with the hype for the FF7 remake, it might be a no-show.

I'd like an E3 that isn't a sterile and boring corporate ****show.

There was a time when the people who attended E3 were actually hyped to be there.

If we get a reveal and reaction like this I'd be happy, but it's not going to happen.

Man those were the days though
Oh yes, back when Nintendo used to give a crap about Zelda.

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
I need Fallout 4. Right now.

I'm going to buy 1000 copies and swan dive into a pool filled with them.

Top Bottom