• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
my gosh will someone in the press just ask about snakes fate? Questions about menu designs just aint cutting it
I very much doubt if someone asked ''Is Snake back?"

Sakurai would even answer unless he had a trailer prepared for him to be revealed that day.

Xpinkbean

Smash Apprentice
A competitive Smash player is trying to challenge Sakurai to see if he can win and help balance the game. Sakurai asked "have you ever made a game? LOL

chronomantic

Smash Ace
''A competitive Smash player is trying to challenge Sakurai to see if he can win and help balance the game. Sakurai asked "have you ever made a game?"

This kid got owned

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
A competitive Smash player is trying to challenge Sakurai to see if he can win and help balance the game. Sakurai asked "have you ever made a game?"

Lmao

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wish these guys would ask about the veterans. Could care less about the menu style.
Sakurai ignored a comment about the Ice Climbers. He's not just going to go ''YES, SURE HE'S BACK, SHE'S BACK, THEY'RE ALL BACK."

This isn't Oprah designing the game guys.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Actually Dark Pit was just confirmed and im not talking about the Palutena reveal trailer. He was confirmed by ****ing Sakurai. I'm not mad he's in but the fact Sakurai just confirmed that he wants to keep the roster small and balanced with a total of 10 newcomers is complete bull****! Idc about this game anymore, despite the fact I loved it last year at E3. Check out this link to see for yourself :(
Don't see a link. Source please, waiter.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Apparently G&W is only semi-confirmed, much like C. Falcon. He was only a demonstration to point out that he existed before Pacman.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Here's the thing about the questions these are members of the press asking questions not direct fans, the thing is often times the press uses these type of questions because they know they're going to at least get an answer out of him. They aren't going to ask about unannounced characters are they are unlikely to get an answer.

tmrd

Smash Rookie
not even against pac-man haha but I laughed at the relevence of this picture right now :joyful:

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
A: All of the characters to consider were on our internal roster from the beginning of development. We had a slot for a new Pokemon reserved, but did not way for X and Y. We decided to use Greninja well before X/Y came out, based on early reference drawings.

This is interesting.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So Greninja was picked because he was new and he looked cool? So much for market research lol.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
A: All of the characters to consider were on our internal roster from the beginning of development. We had a slot for a new Pokemon reserved, but did not way for X and Y. We decided to use Greninja well before X/Y came out, based on early reference drawings.

This is interesting.
Wonder what it means for Gematsu

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
We decided to use Greninja well before X/Y came out, based on early reference drawings.

LOL where is that guy who insisted Greninja was chosen because it was popular (it wasn't, not before the announcement for Smash)?

tmrd

Smash Rookie
"Most characters decided at start of development including pacman and Greninja, predating X and Y's release"

Well THAT knocks down Sal's leak a peg or two tbh, since loads of people thought that "Pokemon from X/Y" was so unspecific due to not being decided yet..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So the most popular gen VI starter was picked by sheer chance and off of his reference art? What are the odds?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

This is interesting.
Yeah, i was wondering about that. I remember him saying that all the characters were already chosen a LOOOOOONG time ago, before a lot of other things were decided, and when Greninja was released, I wondered how early X and Y were being worked on.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
OH MY GOSH I JUST...I just imagined Kirby after eating Pac-Man... scary stuff...

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Interesting that they plan the roster that far out in advance.

But sure, let's get on Miiverse and beg him to add Shadow and Goku at the last minute.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So the most popular gen VI starter was picked by sheer chance and off of his reference art? What are the odds?
You don't have to be a genius to know Greninja would be the most popular judging by its, Delphox and Chesnaught's designs.

I mean, I love Delphox, it is my favorite Pokémon, but its design screams "divisive".

Chesnaught... no comments.

TehSilentOne

Smash Rookie
"Most characters decided at start of development including pacman and Greninja, predating X and Y's release"

Well THAT knocks down Sal's leak a peg or two tbh, since loads of people thought that "Pokemon from X/Y" was so unspecific due to not being decided yet..
well who knows. he may have just had old information from before Greninja was a big name, or when Greninja was purely concept

Sonsa

Smash Champion
So okay, the Q&A should be ending soon. When do WE get to see all the stuff?

Top Bottom