• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Pac-Man is the least hype character of all time for Smash. I could draw a pair of cartoon arms and legs on my cat and it would be a more interesting character

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Pac-Man is the least hype character of all time for Smash. I could draw a pair of cartoon arms and legs on my cat and it would be a more interesting character
In your opinion, maybe. Characters like Charizard and Google Chrome are far less hype to me. Pac-Man, on other hand, is a character that I truly want to see in Smash, for being an iconic video game character and to annoy the haters.

Prototype

Smash Apprentice
Just a quick question; when does the SSB4 E3 Conversation Thingy start in Canadian Eastern Standard Time? (Knowing when the Invitational Starts would be nice, too.
Tuesday June 10th
  • Nintendo Digital Event
When? : 9 a.m. PST, 12 Noon EST, 5 p.m. GMT+1 (UK)
Where? : (e3.nintendo.com)

• Smash Bros. Invitational
When? : 4 p.m. PST, 7 p.m. EST, 12 Midnight GMT+1 (UK)
Where? : (http://www.twitch.tv/e3) & (http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/)

• Smash Bros. Developer Discussion (Q&A)
When? : - 7 p.m. PST, 10 p.m. EST, 3 a.m. GMT+1 (UK)
(lasts for 90 minutes, I don't think it is being broadcast online)

--

Posted this a few pages ago. I'm pretty sure all times are correct!!
Maybe someone could add the start times to the OP to prevent confusion.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Wait, let me get this straight.

It's a Q&A session, NOT a Nintendo Direct?

Wow, I'm really disappointed. I thought we were getting a 90 minute Smash Bros Direct.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

Wow, I'm really disappointed. I thought we were getting a 90 minute Smash Bros Direct.
Don't worry. The Internet Broadcast, Tournament, etc, will give us a buttload of Smash Info as it is. :p

MagnesD3

Smash Master
This is more for myself so that I can see how much I was right, but e3 predictions:

Smash
Release Date for 3DS and WiiU
Five newcomers, at least five veterans.
Newcomers are: Shulk, Chrom, King K Rool, Ridley and Pac-Man
Mewtwo confirmed to not return.
NFC technology detailed: Will allow you to store custom movesets and stages to transport between Wii Us, are an alternate means to unlock certain characters.
Non-Smash
Mario Kart 8 DLC revealed
Star Fox U revealed
Metroid U revealed
Brand new FPS IP revealed
Second brand new IP revealed
Zelda U title and release date
X release date
Yarn Yoshi release date
Bayonetta release date
Mewtwo will return..

D

Deleted member

I don't imagine we will go the whole 90 minutes of the Q&A session without at least some new information. I mean, how many questions can be asked about the game now that haven't already been either passively or directly answered? I don't imagine it will take very long during the session before the good questions are answered and Sakurai (hopefully) starts to delve into some newer information.

Additionally, I've read that some don't think it will be streamed live. Why then would they provide the time-frame for the Eastern Time Zone? Obviously if we're on the East Coast (as I am) we wouldn't be able to see it live on site (since I and probably others are not attending E3), so there would be no point to including an East Coast time-frame if it can't be viewed online.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I still think E3 will showcase the villains in Smash. We only have Bowser and Dedede right now. People madevthe case that Brawl was lacking in playable female characters and playable villains. Sakurai has addressed the issue of the ladies, but not the villains... Yet. I think we will see Ridley, a new Ganondorf, hopefully KK Rool, villainous veterans, Mewtwo strike back, etc at E3.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I still think E3 will showcase the villains in Smash. We only have Bowser and Dedede right now. People madevthe case that Brawl was lacking in playable female characters and playable villains. Sakurai has addressed the issue of the ladies, but not the villains... Yet. I think we will see Ridley, a new Ganondorf, hopefully KK Rool, villainous veterans, Mewtwo strike back, etc at E3.
Ganondorf with a new sword moveset, King K. Rool, Ridley, and the Return of a Buffed up Mewtwo would rock in the villain department.

T

Trick or Treat

Since when was Mewtwo a villain?

Anyway, so the Nintendo event is definitely the 10th? Why have I seen some places list it as the 11th? Still, I like the 10th :)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Anyway, so the Nintendo event is definitely the 10th? Why have I seen some places list it as the 11th? Still, I like the 10th :)
In the movies Mewtwo is not a villain, but I like to think of him as one.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Ganondorf with a new sword moveset, King K. Rool, Ridley, and the Return of a Buffed up Mewtwo would rock in the villain department.
I like how Mewtwo plays in Project M, but if they brought him back with a moveset that focused more on more signature psychic attacks, like Pyschic, Psystrike, Psycho Cut as a projectile, and/or maybe Future Sight as a trap move, I wouldn't be opposed to that. Don't really want to see Shadow Ball when we already have Aura Sphere and Water Shuriken. Either way I want him back. Ganondorf needs to not be Captain Falcon.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I like how Mewtwo plays in Project M, but if they brought him back with a moveset that focused more on more signature psychic attacks, like Pyschic, Psystrike, Psycho Cut as a projectile, and/or maybe Future Sight as a trap move, I wouldn't be opposed to that. Don't really want to see Shadow Ball when we already have Aura Sphere and Water Shuriken. Either way I want him back. Ganondorf needs to not be Captain Falcon.
I agree with Ganondorf completely. And about Mewtwo. What if his Shadow Ball is replaced with Psycho Cut that is an attack made to demolish shields at first charge?

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
In the movies Mewtwo is not a villain, but I like to think of him as one.
He's a misunderstood and confused character who was hostile and tried taking the world by storm in the movie, only to be resolved. He's essentially a big boss in the main line games. He's a opponent in spinoffs like Mystery Dungeon, Rangers, and Conquest... Basically he's a persuadable bad guy that's not that bad of a guy? Idk.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
He's a misunderstood and confused character who was hostile and tried taking the world by storm in the movie, only to be resolved. He's essentially a big boss in the main line games. He's a opponent in spinoffs like Mystery Dungeon, Rangers, and Conquest... Basically he's a persuadable bad guy that's not that bad of a guy? Idk.
I don't seem him as bad as Ganondorf though.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

It was the "villain" in one movie (which isn't even canon to the games). Since that day people call it a villain.

Mewtwo is just a neutral Pokemon as any other.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853

The whole digital event supposedly has a whole segment devoted to Smash in it.

But yeah, as someone else said (I'm too lazy to look again), we'll get plenty of Smash info between the tournament, Q&A and all the hours upon hours of Smash footage we'll have to sift through during all three days.

D

Deleted member

I hope someone compiles a thread of all revealed stuff during E3 at some point, as I'm gonna miss most of it.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
In the Pokedex entries of the main series games, Mewtwo is said to have the most savage heart of all Pokemon, was created solely for battle, and only thinks about defeating its foes.

Maybe not a true villain, but definitely not cute and cuddly.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
In the Pokedex entries of the main series games, Mewtwo is said to have the most savage heart of all Pokemon, was created solely for battle, and only thinks about defeating its foes.

Maybe not a true villain, but definitely not cute and cuddly.
So he's more of an Anti-Hero than a villain, like Shadow the Hedgehog. Is that what you're saying?

D

Deleted member

So he's more of an Anti-Hero than a villain, like Shadow the Hedgehog. Is that what you're saying?
I don't think a cold-blooded creature with absolutely no redeeming qualities as an anti-hero.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
If anything, Mewtwo is probably best described as a violent animal with high intelligence if you go off the games and games alone. Being psychic it is more human-like in appearance and mannerisms, but ultimately Mewtwo is a dangerous creature with no overriding morals other then "defeat all comers."

So basically, Mewtwo isn't a bad guy in the sense that he schemes and carries out evil plans, but at the same time it isn't a nice being and attacks anything with equal malice.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Tuesday June 10th
  • Nintendo Digital Event

--

Added to OP

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Tuesday June 10th
  • Nintendo Digital Event

--

I'll probably be able to watch the Nintendo Digital Event (based on UK time) although I am not sure if I will be able to watch the Invitational tournament.

LeroyBrown

Smash Rookie
And this is why what you say means absolutely nothing to me... R.O.B. REPRESENTS THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM!!!!
He was not a joke character, he was added for the above reason. We may as well cut Mr Game & Watch while your at it because representing an important part of Nintendos history obviously means nothing. It was R.O.B. who convinced store owners that the NES was a toy and allowed them to sell it at their stores.

The only characters who were hidden in Brawl but starters in Melee are Capt. Falcon & Ness. And those to were also hidden in the original 64.

And I highly doubt that this new IP will get any representation outside maybe a trophy for being way to new. Olimar was only a trophy in Melee.

Also please read this
http://jake-plissken.blogspot.com/2014/05/snake-in-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and.html
I respectfully disagree with you friend.
R.O.B. may reperesent that, but honestly with the ice climbers coming back, it hasn't been confirmed but they were mentioned in an interview as making problems in the 3ds version and also in the customized move trailer kirby was shown using a move that was oddly similar to the ice climbers freeze breath move, and also their is the polar bear who shows up constantly, doesn't really mean much but added to the other facts it just increases the percentage of their chances to 90 unless they somehow didn't fix that 3DS problem, already represent the NES. On top of that if you have Takamaru in the game, who i am not reaally sure about but he has that Nintendo land game so I think he may be making some sort of comeback, smash would be a good opportunity to do this like how they did for Pit, they really don't need his representation taking a third spot. Sure the NES was obviously important, but 2 for this game is still a lot, they, more importantly, need to advertise their new games since the Wii U is having its sales problems to promote future games success. Also I said in my last post that Game & Watch represents that whole period so I think that what I say somehow means the opposite of this makes no sense. I just think that the Ice Climbers and Possibly Takamaru would be enough, they still need to advertise their new games.

With Snake I looked at the link and it maid reeeaaally good points but I still can't see it. First, Mega man hasn't been in any games period so really saying his inclusion will support Snake's at this point makes no sense. On top of this their was a megaman legends 3 game that was cancelled that was going to be for the 3ds, so I think this means he was in a game (sort of) much closer to when Snake was.

As for the IP I think that them showing an 1 30 presentation of this IP then showing a character from it in a new SSB4 trailer would make a lot of people more interested in the game. They use smash, on top of its obvious primary use, as an advertisement for their Japan only games (fire emblem: nuff said) and their less popular franchises they want to make more public for the future(did anybody now what Pit was from until SSBB???) so putting an IP character from this new game would make sense with this strategy. The fact that it would be new doesn't really change much considering that Nintendo's popularity has changed quite a bit since the older systems, I think that increasing their crap marketing would be something they would like to do,and Smash 4 would be the one of teh bests way to do it.

I don't really understand what you were trying to say about the hidden characters, but if I read it right then you can't just exclude that fact that there were melee starters hidden in brawl, why not just say that Mario is gone from SSB4 because, except for his 200+ appearances in Nintendo games, he has been in no nintendo games.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Gentlemen/Ladies/Automatons, keep the arguing over relevance to the character threads. Keep on track about E3.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339

Hold up...we're not getting a Direct? ...Well, dang. We're still getting bucket loads of info, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom