• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

spader13

Smash Journeyman
People thought Ike's reveal hinted at Chrom at E3 since he would probably be in the trailer, and now we got a FE stage in one of the last PotDs before E3. Fire Emblem certainly seems like it's getting a rep then. While I'm expecting Chrom, I'd be a bit disappointed if he gets in. I really want Robin playable so we finally get a magic newcomer, but I'm sure that will end up like my hopes for Micaiah in Brawl (Marth, Ike, Micaiah would have been great representation, with Roy as an added bonus if they had time).

As for other predictions, Pacman or Snake will likely be shown. I feel like E3 is make or break for all remaining Third Party characters, so any not shown aren't in the game.

I think we'll probably get a third newcomer too, but that one is completely up in the air. While I hope Palutena is in, a lot of signs point to her being really likely, so I wouldn't mind if she wasn't revealed yet. Ideally, the last newcomer will be Mewtwo or Ridley to put one of the big debates to rest.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
People thought Ike's reveal hinted at Chrom at E3 since he would probably be in the trailer, and now we got a FE stage in one of the last PotDs before E3. Fire Emblem certainly seems like it's getting a rep then. While I'm expecting Chrom, I'd be a bit disappointed if he gets in. I really want Robin playable so we finally get a magic newcomer, but I'm sure that will end up like my hopes for Micaiah in Brawl (Marth, Ike, Micaiah would have been great representation, with Roy as an added bonus if they had time).

As for other predictions, Pacman or Snake will likely be shown. I feel like E3 is make or break for all remaining Third Party characters, so any not shown aren't in the game.

I think we'll probably get a third newcomer too, but that one is completely up in the air. While I hope Palutena is in, a lot of signs point to her being really likely, so I wouldn't mind if she wasn't revealed yet. Ideally, the last newcomer will be Mewtwo or Ridley to put one of the big debates to rest.
Don't worry. Chrom will be announced as an AT at E3, and Micaiah is a hidden character.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
That's not even really a thing. Pokemon unquestionably had six characters, had Sakurai not wanted them to have 6, there wouldn't have been 6. He could have just used Charizard by himself back then if as some people like to put it "Squirtle and Ivysaur are just random pokemon". Squirtle and Ivysaur were chosen because he thought they'd be compelling characters, and they were used because of their status as Pokemon icons.
That's like saying that Zelda didn't really have 5 reps because Sheik and Zelda were shoehorned together. Sakurai considered them as individual playable characters. So Pokemon had 6, and Zelda had 5. It's also debatable as to whether Mario went down at all, Wario is essentially a psuedo-Mario rep, whether or not he has a different icon. If you bunch Yoshi and Wario together with the rest of the Mario characters, they had exactly the same number of reps as Pokemon. And if you apply the same logic to this game, then we could see 7 pokemon (which is pretty much what I'm expecting).
Sakurai could have done a lot of things, but he specifically chose to create 3 characters that are all suppose to function as 1. All three pokemon made up the 1 character Pokemon trainer, hell that's why the stamina feature was implemented, says so on the Brawl dojo bio.The way Sakurai was able to exceed 4 characters for a series was through the transformation mechanic.

With the transformation mechanic gone, there is no way the Pokemon series is going to exceed the Mario series.
Characters like DK, Yoshi and Wario aren't considered Mario characters, in the smash series. Hence their own symbol.
Wii Fit Trainers are also avatars.
How so? They don't represent you in the Wii Fit games, nor do you control them. They are just virtual instructors that guide you through the exercises. Miis are your avatars in Wii Fit.
Dixie has tons to cherry pick from: Hair, bubble gun, guitar, animal buddies, barrels, jet barrel (from barrel blast), hell they could even user her bubble gum. As much as I want K. Rool, he has 4 game traits to chose from: throwing a crown, shooting a blunderbuss, putting boxing gloves on and his flying machine. Obviously there's a moveset there, and there's more that he can do to flesh it out, but Dixie has more to pick from (it's not as if any other fighter uses their hair). Plus she has relevance on her side. (just for the record, K. Rool is my most wanted Nintendo newcomer).
Again my question was "Besides hair what can Dixie Kong add that Diddy can't?"
Bubble gun sounds like a peanut pop-gun clone. (of course it can be used differently, but in DKC:TF that is essentially what it is) Diddy too has a guitar, All kongs have access to barrels and Animal Buddies and Diddy uses jet Barrels hell even king K. Rool uses Jet Barrels:

So out of all of that it seems like the only thing Dixie Kong has going for her is Gum and Hair (which would probably function like Diddy Kong's tail if we were to be honest.) Think about all of the characters revealed so far, they offer something that no other character can. Dixie pretty much shares 80% of the moves Diddy has. With Bowser being more of a sumo/grappler King K. Rool can easily be the feral heavy weight Bowser was in Melee. I'm also a King K. Rool fan as well as a Dixie fan. Quite frankly the only way I see Dixie being any different from Diddy if she has a tag-team moveset with Kiddy Kong.
Maybe I worded that poorly, but I didn't say anything about Waddle being in a Yoshi game. I was referring to whether Prince Fluff will return in Yoshi Yarn, as it's essentially a sequel to Kirby's Epic Yarn. I could easily see the Yarn series being used for different characters going into the Yarn universe with Fluff as the second player/plot device. And in terms of moveset, he has unlimited potential as he can literally transform into ANYTHING.
Has there been an a statement or article saying Prince Fluff will be in Yarn Yoshi? I see what your suggesting though. He COULD be a character associated with the Yarn series. but as of right now he is just a 1-off kirby character.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Lost loads of hype because the Coliseum is a stage on Wii U. That doesn't make any sense especially since it doesn't appear in Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn, the only two console games that came out in the US. If we don't get a Tellius stage I'll be very irritated.
Well the game IS being made in Japan, and the Coliseum was on a console FE, so I don't really see a problem..

Dairz

Smash Ace
I just wanted a stage from there. It was one of my only wanted new stages, especially since you know Ike is a character from them, and they are the most recent console games.
Oh. Well then why'd you say "It doesn't make sense to have this stage", instead of "I wanted a different stage"? :ohwell:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Sakurai could have done a lot of things, but he specifically chose to create 3 characters that are all suppose to function as 1. All three pokemon made up the 1 character Pokemon trainer, hell that's why the stamina feature was implemented, says so on the Brawl dojo bio.The way Sakurai was able to exceed 4 characters for a series was through the transformation mechanic.

With the transformation mechanic gone, there is no way the Pokemon series is going to exceed the Mario series.
Characters like DK, Yoshi and Wario aren't considered Mario characters, in the smash series. Hence their own symbol.

How so? They don't represent you in the Wii Fit games, nor do you control them. They are just virtual instructors that guide you through the exercises. Miis are your avatars in Wii Fit.

Again my question was "Besides hair what can Dixie Kong add that Diddy can't?"
Bubble gun sounds like a peanut pop-gun clone. (of course it can be used differently, but in DKC:TF that is essentially what it is) Diddy too has a guitar, All kongs have access to barrels and Animal Buddies and Diddy uses jet Barrels hell even king K. Rool uses Jet Barrels:

So out of all of that it seems like the only thing Dixie Kong has going for her is Gum and Hair (which would probably function like Diddy Kong's tail if we were to be honest.) Think about all of the characters revealed so far, they offer something that no other character can. Dixie pretty much shares 80% of the moves Diddy has. With Bowser being more of a sumo/grappler King K. Rool can easily be the feral heavy weight Bowser was in Melee. I'm also a King K. Rool fan as well as a Dixie fan. Quite frankly the only way I see Dixie being any different from Diddy if she has a tag-team moveset with Kiddy Kong.

Has there been an a statement or article saying Prince Fluff will be in Yarn Yoshi? I see what your suggesting though. He COULD be a character associated with the Yarn series. but as of right now he is just a 1-off kirby character.
Again, that's not really even a point. The fact that the charaters were shoe-horned together means literally nothing. They were considered as 3 playable characters, not 1. The transformation feature was simply a mechanic. If you're of the mindset that Wario and Yoshi aren't Mario reps, then that further proves that Pokemon has had more reps than Mario.

I've never used Wii Fit, but I was under the impression that the trainer's were essentially the avatars that represent you?

The other Kongs may have access to some of the Barrels/Animal Buddies etc, but they don't use them in their move set. K. Rool doesn't have access to the animal buddies, hair mechanic etc. And as far as I'm aware, Diddy doesn't use his tail to hover, pick up or throw things so no it wouldn't function like his tail.

Nah there's no statement about Fluff's involvement in Yarn Yoshi yet, it's more of a "it could happen" thing.

Dott

Smash Ace
That is absolutely horrendous. I'll pray for your friend. I hope they're able to get him his fingers back. Prosthetic fingers usually come with the entire hand, so I'm not sure they'd be able to do much for him if he's missing a few besides a plastic clip-on finger. They're just for looks. Let's hope he gets all the real ones back on. Dunno if he'll ever be able to play Smash again, though... I'm so sorry.
Sorry about your friend, hope he gets better and hopefully he can play smash again!

Picture of the day of Fire Emblem before E3 starts
Possibly new info about SMTXFE

Chrom body is ready guys.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I've never used Wii Fit, but I was under the impression that the trainer's were essentially the avatars that represent you?
No, they're the trainers who train you, and help you through exercises. They're meant to simulate a personal trainer in a real gym.

Anyways, E3 speculation! Square Enix aren't bringing FFXV or KH3, so clearly they're going to be getting their big names elsewhere, they also have two unannounced game slots on Twitch! Now Just Cause 3, Triad Wars and Dragon quest seem the big competitors for that with the possibility of Deus Ex and Tomb Raider if they want to pretend they haven't previously announced those (though I think that's unlikely). There may be more we don't know about, but I think Dragon Quest's chances of pulling off a big return are looking better and better!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Sorry about your friend, hope he gets better and hopefully he can play smash again!

Picture of the day of Fire Emblem before E3 starts
Possibly new info about SMTXFE

Chrom body is ready guys.
I thought SMTxFE was confirmed for E3?

Whenever I hear that name, I can only think of this:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Again, that's not really even a point. The fact that the charaters were shoe-horned together means literally nothing. They were considered as 3 playable characters, not 1. The transformation feature was simply a mechanic. If you're of the mindset that Wario and Yoshi aren't Mario reps, then that further proves that Pokemon has had more reps than Mario.
Of course it means something. Sakurai clearly designed every character's playstyle around their skillset (Or what could be for characters like Fox/Falco and C. Falcon.) In traditional Pokemon game there would have been reason for a wild Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle to ever to be working together as team on their own. It was through the capturing and taming done by the Pokemon Trainer that these three Pokemon would ever come together to take down opponents as they do in the RPG games. If the playstyle didn't matter, please tell me why Charizard, Ivy and Squirtle aren't just stand alone characters on the roster like Lucario and Pikachu? Why go through the unneeded process of modeling and animating a character you are never going to control? If you can please answer me that for me to understand this irrelevant shoe-horning claim.
I played Wii Fit so i can say from experience that the trainers don't represent you, it is the Miis:

They are the characters you control for games like Soccer heading, Skiing and jogging in the game. You never take control of the trainers.
The other Kongs may have access to some of the Barrels/Animal Buddies etc, but they don't use them in their move set. K. Rool doesn't have access to the animal buddies, hair mechanic etc. And as far as I'm aware, Diddy doesn't use his tail to hover, pick up or throw things so no it wouldn't function like his tail.
The Kong's may have have access to animal buddies, but King King K. Rool has access to the kritters.

Diddy does flail his tail in DK64 to hover in the air for a short while not as long as Tiny Kong, and Dixie now picks up barrels with her hands instead of hair now. Again Bubble Gum and Hair moves against Blunderbuss firing, Blunderbuss boost, Helipack, remote control electric zap, Crown thrown and Boxing
Nah there's no statement about Fluff's involvement in Yarn Yoshi yet, it's more of a "it could happen" thing.
I agree It is a cool possibility, but until then I doubt the Prince will edge out a reoccurring Kirby character.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Of course it means something. Sakurai clearly designed every character's playstyle around their skillset (Or what could be for characters like Fox/Falco and C. Falcon.) In traditional Pokemon game there would have been reason for a wild Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle to ever to be working together as team on their own. It was through the capturing and taming done by the Pokemon Trainer that these three Pokemon would ever come together to take down opponents as they do in the RPG games. If the playstyle didn't matter, please tell me why Charizard, Ivy and Squirtle aren't just stand alone characters on the roster like Lucario and Pikachu? Why go through the unneeded process of modeling and animating a character you are never going to control? If you can please answer me that for me to understand this irrelevant shoe-horning claim.
I played Wii Fit so i can say from experience that the trainers don't represent you, it is the Miis:

They are the characters you control for games like Soccer heading, Skiing and jogging in the game. You never take control of the trainers.
The Kong's may have have access to animal buddies, but King King K. Rool has access to the kritters.

Diddy does flail his tail in DK64 to hover in the air for a short while not as long as Tiny Kong, and Dixie now picks up barrels with her hands instead of hair now. Again Bubble Gum and Hair moves against Blunderbuss firing, Blunderbuss boost, Helipack, remote control electric zap, Crown thrown and Boxing

I agree It is a cool possibility, but until then I doubt the Prince will edge out a reoccurring Kirby character.
This is a small thing, but could you please not use white-colored text? The standard text color is close eniugh to white, but if you color it, people like me who use any number of the lighter-colored forum styles cannot read your post at all.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Each of the three characters opperated pretty much by themselves aside from their shared Final Smash. They're not like the Ice Climbers, they're like Sheik and Zelda, or ZSS and Samus. The Pokemon trainer was just a cool gimmick, the fact that they don't have individual character slots on the select screen isn't relevant. Charizard is already confirmed to be returning solo, so that's kinda proof that the characters don't need eachother to be viable in the series. I don't know what you mean by them designing a character that you are never going to control? Unless you're saying that if you only used one in a match then you wouldn't be using the other two, but in that case it's like saying "why bother designing ZSS if you're just going to use Samus". The Brawl roster had 39 playable characters, not 35, 37 or 40. 6 of those were Pokemon. That's not an opinion, it's concrete fact.

Yeah that's fair enough about the Wii Fit Trainer, I retract my earlier statement about her being an avatar.

I'm not doubting that K. Rool wouldn't be a great and unique character. Like I said, he's my most wanted Nintendo newcomer. It's just my opinion that Dixie is more likely and has more to borrow from to make her moveset more unique (The Kremlings are already in Smash Run so I doubt that he'd use them in his moveset). She's going to have more to borrow from, as she's been a playable character in three main-series DK games. Even if some of those traits could have been used on DK or Diddy, it doesn't matter because they weren't used on them. She'd still be extremely unique in the context of Smash. K. Rool, as a boss has less to borrow from. But in all honesty they both deserve to be in.

If he's in Yoshi Yarn, then he's technically not a Kirby character anymore, he'd basically be a Yarn character. And in terms of moveset potential, I struggle to think of anyone that even comes close.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
This is a small thing, but could you please not use white-colored text? The standard text color is close eniugh to white, but if you color it, people like me who use any number of the lighter-colored forum styles cannot read your post at all.
I'll be mindful of that in the future. When i don't alter the color the text is just limegreen, i can just leave it like that if it's easier.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, I've talked about this before but there are only 4 starting characters from Brawl that haven't been outright confirmed yet (:popo::lucas::metaknight::wario:). Aside from Lucas, they've all specifically been very heavily implied. It would make sense for :popo:, :metaknight:, and :wario: to be revealed because they're fan favorites but what about Lucas? What would justify his reveal at E3? I've thought about it and I've come up with a potential scenario where Lucas would be more than a random reveal. For the past year, Nintendo has contained VC announcements in nearly of the their non-game specific Directs. There's almost always a segment where they focus on games coming out on the VC, whether they're new or retro. It's a bit of stretch but what if Nintendo has plans to release Mother 3 on the Wii U VC? Around this time last year, I would have simply blown off the idea but a lot has changed since then. Earthbound did insanely well and is still one of the best selling VC games and Nintendo recently added GBA games. Putting these two things together and I wouldn't throw the idea out completely. Mother 3 may finally be leaving Japan and E3 would definitely be the place to make such an announcement.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
So, I've talked about this before but there are only 4 starting characters from Brawl that haven't been outright confirmed yet (:popo::lucas::metaknight::wario:). Aside from Lucas, they've all specifically been very heavily implied. It would make sense for :popo:, :metaknight:, and :wario: to be revealed because they're fan favorites but what about Lucas? What would justify his reveal at E3? I've thought about it and I've come up with a potential scenario where Lucas would be more than a random reveal. For the past year, Nintendo has contained VC announcements in nearly of the their non-game specific Directs. There's almost always a segment where they focus on games coming out on the VC, whether their new or retro. It's a bit of stretch but what if Nintendo has plans to release Mother 3 on the Wii U VC? Around this time last year, I would have simply blown off the idea but a lot has changed since then. Earthbound did insanely well and is still one of the best selling VC games and Nintendo recently added GBA games. Putting these two things together and I wouldn't throw the idea out completely. Mother 3 may finally be leaving Japan and E3 would definitely be the place to make such an announcement.
Interesting. Regardless, I still think it makes sense to reveal Lucas (assuming he hasn't been cut) at E3 just to help round off the starting veterans.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mother 3 on the WiiU VC? That's a fan dream if there ever was one.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I can see it happening, especially with Takamaru's tMMC hitting 3DS just recently... but I think it's dreadfully unlikely all the same... If it happens though, that'd be huge!

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So, I've talked about this before but there are only 4 starting characters from Brawl that haven't been outright confirmed yet (:popo::lucas::metaknight::wario:). Aside from Lucas, they've all specifically been very heavily implied. It would make sense for :popo:, :metaknight:, and :wario: to be revealed because they're fan favorites but what about Lucas? What would justify his reveal at E3? I've thought about it and I've come up with a potential scenario where Lucas would be more than a random reveal. For the past year, Nintendo has contained VC announcements in nearly of the their non-game specific Directs. There's almost always a segment where they focus on games coming out on the VC, whether they're new or retro. It's a bit of stretch but what if Nintendo has plans to release Mother 3 on the Wii U VC? Around this time last year, I would have simply blown off the idea but a lot has changed since then. Earthbound did insanely well and is still one of the best selling VC games and Nintendo recently added GBA games. Putting these two things together and I wouldn't throw the idea out completely. Mother 3 may finally be leaving Japan and E3 would definitely be the place to make such an announcement.
10/10 would buy

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Less than 100 hours to go. Damn this is tense. I'm going to be running the Direct on every computer in the house in case one glitches.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Each of the three characters opperated pretty much by themselves aside from their shared Final Smash. They're not like the Ice Climbers, they're like Sheik and Zelda, or ZSS and Samus. The Pokemon trainer was just a cool gimmick, the fact that they don't have individual character slots on the select screen isn't relevant. Charizard is already confirmed to be returning solo, so that's kinda proof that the characters don't need eachother to be viable in the series. I don't know what you mean by them designing a character that you are never going to control? Unless you're saying that if you only used one in a match then you wouldn't be using the other two, but in that case it's like saying "why bother designing ZSS if you're just going to use Samus". The Brawl roster had 39 playable characters, not 35, 37 or 40. 6 of those were Pokemon. That's not an opinion, it's concrete fact.
It's funny that you compare them to Zelda/Shiek and Samus/ZSS, all characters that happen to transform due to there being a connection between the characters. There was a clear reason for these characters to even transform in the first place. You can say it is irrelevant all you want, but if you don't have evidence to support it being irrelevant, then such a claim falls flat. I can definitely explain why they are all grouped into one slot, it's becasue the Pokemon trainer playstyle is based around the team management mechanic in the Pokemon games.

As for Charizard being solo, I think that more so has to do with a 3DS limitation more than anything. Now if Squirtle and Ivysaur were revealed to be playable as well, then i will retract my statements, but as of right now it just seems like they scrapped the Pokemon trainer idea and kept the most popular pokemon in the arsenal. And without the capabilities for characters to transform i doubt there are going to be any more characters than what we see on the roster slots.
I'm not doubting that K. Rool wouldn't be a great and unique character. Like I said, he's my most wanted Nintendo newcomer. It's just my opinion that Dixie is more likely and has more to borrow from to make her moveset more unique (The Kremlings are already in Smash Run so I doubt that he'd use them in his moveset). She's going to have more to borrow from, as she's been a playable character in three main-series DK games. Even if some of those traits could have been used on DK or Diddy, it doesn't matter because they weren't used on them. She'd still be extremely unique in the context of Smash. K. Rool, as a boss has less to borrow from. But in all honesty they both deserve to be in.
I'm not saying you are wrong, in thinking so I was just saying I think otherwise and why. Also Kremlings may be in smash run, but not Klap Traps. And even if they were, that didn't stop King Dedede from still throwing Gordos despite them appearing in Smash Run. Dixie has been present in 3 while King K. Rool has been present in 4 he was even referenced in Tropical Freeze. So the King definitely has a better track record that Dixie. As I said before, I don't see Dixie being all that unique as Dixie would most likely have Diddy's build, speed and power. The only notable thing in smash she could possibly do that Diddy can't is hair twirl glide. King K. Rool could potentially be the heaviest in the game, and utilize a lot of projectiles and gadgets. Making him a bulky, heavy gadget/projectile user. They do both deserve to be in though.
If he's in Yoshi Yarn, then he's technically not a Kirby character anymore, he'd basically be a Yarn character. And in terms of moveset potential, I struggle to think of anyone that even comes close.
Well first we are going to have to wait and see if he is in Yarn Yoshi first, to say he isn't a Kriby character.

Last edited:

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman

Hey everyone, what do you think about Mighty No. 9 being included in Smash Bros?
Also, Is it possible that Keiji Inafune will show something at E3?

Neon Borealis

Smash Rookie
I would personally love to have mother 3 released overseas. Just as long as they use Tomato's great translation. Or at least a very similar one. Kumatora will always be Kumatora.

I literally can't wait until e3. Rooting for Chrom and/or Robin.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It's funny that you compare them to Zelda/Shiek and Samus/ZSS, all characters that happen to transform due to there being a connection between the characters. There was a clear reason for these characters to even transform in the first place. You can say it is irrelevant all you want, but if you don't have evidence to support it being irrelevant, then such a claim falls flat. I can definitely explain why they are all grouped into one slot, it's becasue the Pokemon trainer playstyle is based around the team management mechanic in the Pokemon games.

As for Charizard being solo, I think that more so has to do with a 3DS limitation more than anything. Now if Squirtle and Ivysaur were revealed to be playable as well, then i will retract my statements, but as of right now it just seems like they scrapped the Pokemon trainer idea and kept the most popular pokemon in the arsenal. And without the capabilities for characters to transform i doubt there are going to be any more characters than what we see on the roster slots.

I'm not saying you are wrong, in thinking so I was just saying I think otherwise and why. Also Kremlings may be in smash run, but not Klap Traps. And even if they were, that didn't stop King Dedede from still throwing Gordos despite them appearing in Smash Run. Dixie has been present in 3 while King K. Rool has been present in 4 he was even referenced in Tropical Freeze. So the King definitely has a better track record that Dixie. As I said before, I don't see Dixie being all that unique as Dixie would most likely have Diddy's build, speed and power. The only notable thing in smash she could possibly do that Diddy can't is hair twirl glide. King K. Rool could potentially be the heaviest in the game, and utilize a lot of projectiles and gadgets. Making him a bulky, heavy gadget/projectile user. They do both deserve to be in though.

Well first we are going to have to wait and see if he is in Yarn Yoshi first, to say he isn't a Kriby character.
They were bundled together because they're the three starters that red had to chose from in the original. Technically they put you in the role of a trainer, and you had to manage your team. But that doesn't mean that each character wasn't or wouldn't be viable individually.

Hey everyone, what do you think about Mighty No. 9 being included in Smash Bros?
Also, Is it possible that Keiji Inafune will show something at E3?
Mighty No. 9 meeting Mega Man? If the two were ever in the same place at the same time, the universe would explode.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Mighty No. 9 meeting Mega Man? If the two were ever in the same place at the same time, the universe would explode.
Well, Keiji Inafune did say that Beck could totally wreck Mega Man...

I've never even heard of him. Is he like Mega Man with guns?
Mighty No. 9 is what happens when you neglect your IPs. Their creators leave, taking their fans with them, and creates a spiritual successor.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
They were bundled together because they're the three starters that red had to chose from in the original.
You do realize you are now arguing against your main point, that they were shoe horned in right? You just gave a reason as to why they are grouped together as 1.
Technically they put you in the role of a trainer, and you had to manage your team. But that doesn't mean that each character wasn't or wouldn't be viable individually.
So let me see if I get your argument. You are saying the Pokemon Trainer/Red doesn't manage the team, it is YOU the player correct?

...Bruh, that's the case for every video game! :laugh: I can easily say use the same argument for the Legend of Zelda series and say you are put in the role of Link and it's you that defeats Ganondorf not Link. While true, you are still doing it through the character you are controlling. Funny we were talking about avatars, because that is what Red/Link are. Players had the choice to name their Trainers and Rivals. That still doesn't explain why a wild :charizard:,:ivysaur:&:squirtle: would ever team up to take down foes. The reason it made sense was because:charizard:,:ivysaur: &:squirtle: could all captured and brought together by a trainer, as they would be in the Pokemon games. The trainer gives orders and switches in and out his Pokemon strategically as they do in the RPGs. It made sense why these 3 Pokemon, hell why any 3 pokemon would ever be fighting as 1.

Last edited:

a smart guy

Smash Journeyman
If they do this (and I hope they do), that would be a great announcement for the Nintendo Treehouse presentation. That would be an instant hype addition during the middle of E3, and it would allow Nintendo to focus on new games during the Direct.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
You do realize you are now arguing against your main point, that they were shoe horned in right? You just gave a reason as to why they are grouped together as 1.

So let me see if I get your argument. You are saying the Pokemon Trainer/Red doesn't manage the team, it is YOU the player correct?

...Bruh, that's the case for every video game! :laugh: I can easily say use the same argument for the Legend of Zelda series and say you are put in the role of Link and it's you that defeats Ganondorf not Link. While true, you are still doing it through the character you are controlling. Funny we were talking about avatars, because that is what Red/Link are. Players had the choice to name their Trainers and Rivals. That still doesn't explain why a wild :charizard:,:ivysaur:&:squirtle: would ever team up to take down foes. The reason it made sense was because:charizard:,:ivysaur: &:squirtle: could all captured and brought together by a trainer, as they would be in the Pokemon games. The trainer gives orders and switches in and out his Pokemon strategically as they do in the RPGs. It made sense why these 3 Pokemon, hell why any 3 pokemon would ever be fighting as 1.
Yeah, Shoe-horned was a poor word choice, as technically any pokemon could be in with a pokemon trainer and it'd make sense. But the fact still remains that the three pokemon, as any can operate by themselves just as the others in the game can. And if/when Squirtle and Ivysaur are revealed they'll no longer be with Charizard anyway.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
If the do reveal :warioc: (which I think they will), I really hope they change him up from Brawl. Wario is my favorite video game character, and I was so disappointed with his animations in Brawl; Wario isn't supposed to have Game & Watch movements! (Yes, I know he has them from Wario Ware). Bu that isn't Wario! He is supposed to move like does in the "normal" games; Wario Land series, Wario World, Mario sport games, etc. His moveset was all good and fun, fitting Wario very well. Just... change... the... animations...! Also, I think he should get more love from the Wario Land series. Yes, he got the shoulder bash as a smash attack, but why not have the headbutt attack from Wario Land 4 as a dash attack? GroundPound as down air? His Wario Land throw as forward throw?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If the do reveal :warioc: (which I think they will), I really hope they change him up from Brawl. Wario is my favorite video game character, and I was so disappointed with his animations in Brawl; Wario isn't supposed to have Game & Watch movements! (Yes, I know he has them from Wario Ware). Bu that isn't Wario! He is supposed to move like does in the "normal" games; Wario Land series, Wario World, Mario sport games, etc. His moveset was all good and fun, fitting Wario very well. Just... change... the... animations...! Also, I think he should get more love from the Wario Land series. Yes, he got the shoulder bash as a smash attack, but why not have the headbutt attack from Wario Land 4 as a dash attack? GroundPound as down air? His Wario Land throw as forward throw?
I agree somewhat, the choppy animation was just awkward. When we first saw him in action we thought he was unfinished. I think his specials are ok but he should be a little less quirky and a little more brutal.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Just replace Wario's Chomp with a Shoulder Bash and I will be happy. I always found Chomp just to be random, and doesn't really deserve to be Wario's Neutral B.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'd love Wario to get his plumber gear as default, but that probably won't happen unfortunately. It'd be cool if they introduced the viking hat and some of the other hats he had into his moveset.

Aerialfighter96

Smash Rookie
Since links with a new fire emblem character is getting stronger, its bound to be a character from My Sims, isn't it?

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
OMG WHAT

ONLY 4 DAYS

I think that we'll see Wario, Meta Knight and the Ice Climbers for sure. We could also, possibly, see Captain Falcon, Ness and Lucas. I'm sure we're getting a newcomer and Mewtwo. The newcomer could be either Chrom, Isaac, Palutena, Takamaru or Dixie Kong. I also think it's either make or break for third-party characters; if Snake isn't confirmed back, and Pac-Man or Bayonetta aren't confirmed as newcomers, they're definitely not in the game.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah, Shoe-horned was a poor word choice, as technically any pokemon could be in with a pokemon trainer and it'd make sense. But the fact still remains that the three pokemon, as any can operate by themselves just as the others in the game can. And if/when Squirtle and Ivysaur are revealed they'll no longer be with Charizard anyway.
Well technically they aren't operating on their own. The Pokemon Trainer orders from the sidelines. This is directly from the Dojo reveal:
The Pokémon Trainer watches from the background.

Is... Is he issuing commands?!

He needs to use his three Pokémon to fight. So the only ones who fight directly are the Pokémon.

I guess you could say using this character is like playing three for the price of one!

And the Pokémon Trainer uses a special move called Pokémon Change to switch between them.
I wonder why i didn't post this sooner, but yeah. Sakurai pretty much says all three of them act as 1. So yeah, sure you may count them as 3, but according to the big man they are each 1 third of the whole that is Pokemon Trainer. I really don't see how you can argue against this.
OMG WHAT

ONLY 4 DAYS

LET'S GOOOOO!!!

Top Bottom