• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
http://imgur.com/UTbMj3q

Here's a pic of the rumored game 'The last Metroid', apparantly related to that text I posted.

Go nuts.
No. It's fake. This is an old cupcake or what ever, but clearly not a Metroid inside.

Seriously, I'm getting sick by all this stuff people want to sell as leaks.
It's annoying. It is too much sh*t at once. Why do some people care about them anyway.
It's not like that we would need ANY leaks, since we have barely 10 days to wait till E3.

Let's close the flutgates already and enjoy the silence before the wave of information that E3 will be hits!

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
No. It's fake. This is an old cupcake or what ever, but clearly not a Metroid inside.

It's annoying. It is too much sh*t at once. Why do some people care about them anyway.
It's not like that we would need ANY leaks, since we have barely 10 days to wait till E3.

Let's close the flutgates already and enjoy the silence before the wave of information that E3 will be hits!
Maybe it's not suppose to really look like a Metroid there. ^^ Not saying I Believe this leak (I don't), but I am not capable to disect it myself.

@ Ryuma Ryuma
Most likely, yeah. This is obviously not only about Smash. But some of the things are bound to be. :3 Hopefully the Dragon part...

Booster

Smash Lord
I highly doubt that rumor, Nintendo is trying to force its use with games such as Mario Kart. I also believe that it was confirmed that Zelda U will be using it extensively, along with Miyamoto's new IP. They are not going to drop it like the Xbox dropped the Kinect, more likely than not, they are going to find uses for it.
As long as the games aren't bad or party games, I don't mind Gamepad usage, but so far I have no reason to think it's needed, I know there's Nintendo Land but that game isn't really my kind of game.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Battle cries from the Sony stand made me think Far Cry 4. Or Devil May Cry.

Edit: I don't see how it refers to Snake in Smash at all.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

But then there's nothing to do until E3, debunking leaks is part of the fun of pre-E3 hype.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
But then there's nothing to do until E3, debunking leaks is part of the fun of pre-E3 hype.
At least for me it wouldn't be fun to debunk a leak that shows a playable Tails or a poorly made Metroid logo/teaser.
I enjoyed it when we had a leak from time to time though. I can kinda see why it is fun for you to debunk them.
However, I didn't mean to offend anyone if I did. Let's hope for an awesome E3 and enjoy it together! :pikachu:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
i hate riddle leaks, they just scream fake to me. why dance around the info in that way, its clearly to fuel speculation like this thread.

being vague about info makes sense to make sure you dont get in trouble if you are actually leaking legit info (might have been risky to say greninja an hour before his reveal so pokemon from x and y can be one of these "saving" yourself from getting "sued" or something vague leaks). however to give straight up riddles is clearly just some one WANTING people to speculate and a real leaker i dont think would handle giving info out like that.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Btw the metroid leak is reaaaally grim. That's Samus Helmet/Head inside the tube !!!!!
In 4chan there was quite the talk about this (in the same post of the smash leak). Esentially, Metroid means "ultimate warrior" in chozo, and also Samus has half Metroid genes after being inoculated in fusion.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
There are rumors of a Wii U that doesn't come with the Gamepad. I hope it's true, I don't see a practical use for the thing NOR a practical place to store it. Sure I could look stuff up as I play, but would it really kill me to get up and use my mom's tablet? If such a model exists it would be announced at E3. IMO all you need is the Pro Controller, the Protroller
I'm assuming you don't already own a Wii U, because a Wii U without the gamepad would be the stupidest thing Nintendo could do. It's amazing.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Btw the metroid leak is reaaaally grim. That's Samus Helmet/Head inside the tube !!!!!
In 4chan there was quite the talk about this (in the same post of the smash leak). Esentially, Metroid means "ultimate warrior" in chozo, and also Samus has half Metroid genes after being inoculated in fusion.
She returns to normal genetically when she absorbs the Ice Beam from the SA-X during the final battle, according to Sakamoto, so that's out the window immediately unless they decide to squeeze in the game somewhere between what happens in Other M and the events of Fusion. So, turns out that leak is totally fake, but go figure, right?

Of course, Sakamoto could always retcon her genetic normalcy at the end of Fusion. Wouldn't surprise anyone.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
This was posted on several sites, and I am not sure what to make of it. Anyone know anything? Apparantly, X's name is Ocean Black, and there are Pictures, though I've not seen them myself.

---

Hey everybody, I saw this posted on other forum I visit, just wanted to share it just for the sake of having some fun...
Il ne s'agit pas d'une fuite.
It happens, when you work as a stage designer and you love videogames, that you see and hear things, expecially when you have to coordinate with lots of other people during a very large and important show.
Now I'm sitting on a famous city walk drinking frappuccino and abusing of wi-fi connection in order to tell you things and try to keep my job. This will be fun.
I'm sending this here because in the "other place" they won't allow me to create an account at once. Their loss.
So, believe them or not, here they come.
- The dog is tired again. Will take another rest at Los Angeles.
- The screen is disappearing for 169 good reasons.
- Hand-cannon! I mean, hand-cannon. This really charged me up!
- Microsoft will drive you nuts.
- Nominally, the beast is not actually a beast, it has more soul in it.
- Have you even been in Suburbia? (please note, this is huge. Really)
- A COMBination of 6 more fighters!
- Heard the cries of battle in the Sony stand
- That's a huge rooster, mr Spencer. What will it do this time?
- Lots of spiritual dust here. Lots of it.
- This will be the show of the dragons, i tell you. Lots of them all around.
- Actually, no one is looking for sailors.
- Captive Communication loves PAST exclusives.
- ONE precious material is surprising (and yet everyone already knows it)
- That's totally NOT a chocobo.
- That's a weird cameo appearance.
- Mechs + Destruction + happy fans
- 50 less bucks 4 you to keep.
- Who needs ninjas in 2015?
- Now, that's a LOT of red hair(s).
- Who said that the black tooth worked on just one project?
- Originals! Also, tentacles.
Aaaaand that's all folks.
Going to see AVATAR for a huge surprise.
I will try my best to decipher everything, still missing some.

- The dog is tired again. Will take another rest at Los Angeles.
Sleeping Dogs 2 or Watch Dogs 2 announced.

- The screen is disappearing for 169 good reasons.
Maybe is referring to Order 1886? I can´t get this.

- Hand-cannon! I mean, hand-cannon. This really charged me up!
Mega Man related or Mighty No. 9.

- Microsoft will drive you nuts.
Banjo and Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts 2 or Conker 2.

- Nominally, the beast is not actually a beast, it has more soul in it.
"Project Beast" Dark Souls 3 or Demon Souls 2.

- Have you even been in Suburbia? (please note, this is huge. Really)
DLC for Grand Theft Auto V or Grand Theft Auto VI.

Hyrule Warriors or Smash Bros.

- Heard the cries of battle in the Sony stand
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth or maybe Metal Gear related?

- That's a huge rooster, mr Spencer. What will it do this time?
Killer Instinct possible.

- Lots of spiritual dust here. Lots of it.
The Last Guardian.

- This will be the show of the dragons, i tell you. Lots of them all around.
Dragon´s Dogma, Dragon Age or Elder Scrolls Online DLC or a new game.

- Actually, no one is looking for sailors.
New Assassins Creed.

- Captive Communication loves PAST exclusives.
No Idea.

- ONE precious material is surprising (and yet everyone already knows it)
Zelda WiiU or The Last Guardian or it could mean about XboxOne ditching Kinect.

- That's totally NOT a chocobo.
Something not related to Final Fantasy maybe a new Dragon Quest or Chrono Series related?

- That's a weird cameo appearance.
Crash Bandicoot in Skylanders or Ryu Hayabusa / Takamaru in Hyrule Warriors.

- Mechs + Destruction + happy fans
Titanfall DLC or X.

- 50 less bucks 4 you to keep.
No idea maybe a huge series getting a crappy game? or something about consoles and reducing price for it?

- Who needs ninjas in 2015?
New TMNT game or Ninja Gaiden.

- Now, that's a LOT of red hair(s).
Heavenly Sword + Perfect Dark + Chrono Trigger + Dino Crisis maybe?

- Who said that the black tooth worked on just one project?
No idea.

- Originals! Also, tentacles.
New Octodad game?

Aaaaand that's all folks.
Going to see AVATAR for a huge surprise.
New Animal Crossing.

.n_n.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Warriors or Smash Bros.
"- A COMBination of 6 more fighters!"

I noticed that the word comb is all caps in combination. I'm not sure what that could mean for HW but it could hint at a Smash newcomer like a certain stylist...

Anyway just a random thing I saw in the list, probably shouldn't over think it ^^;

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think people should stop overlooking the riddles "leak", since someone here already said that the french words means "It's not a leak"

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I think people should stop overlooking the riddles "leak", since someone here already said that the french words means "It's not a leak"
And that can't be sarcasm or The Riddler protecting himself? Not to be that guy who doesn't believe someone when they come clean, but that's usually after the fact. It's all too cyptic though I agree on that note.

D

Deleted member

And that can't be sarcasm or The Riddler protecting himself? Not to be that guy who doesn't believe someone when they come clean, but that's usually after the fact. It's all too cyptic though I agree on that note.
If it was really a leak, would it really be necessary to put it in French? C'mon, we don't need another Gematsu leak: Before E3: Prediction; After E3: Leak. It's just waste of time to analizy a text leak anyway

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
If it was really a leak, would it really be necessary to put it in French? C'mon, we don't need another Gematsu leak: Before E3: Prediction; After E3: Leak. It's just waste of time to analizy a text leak anyway
I would like to waste as much time as I can; anything to make E3 get here quicker.

I agree these riddles are not worth the time unless the guy gives more information and/or some pictures.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm not sure what to think about that SF leak. It's probably fake like most "off-screen" images, and it'd be easy enough to fake, but I'm really hoping for a Starfox announcement this year, so I'm not going to look into it too much.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
http://boards.deniableplausibility.net/v/thread/246033916/#246033916
I work for Nintendo and I'm going to leak what I know of the Smash E3 demo. I don't actually work directly on Smash or anything, but I did glean a few things. Believe me or don't. This will be my only post in this thread. Anyone who posts a tiled blurry screenshot of a game, by the way, is lying.
>Announced returning characters: Mewtwo, Ness, Ganondorf. Ganondorf has a completely new moveset drawn from the games he's been in. I don't know if his old moveset is returning in any capacity.
>Nintendo has a new IP they're announcing at E3, and the main character of it will be playable in Smash 4.
>There will be one character unique to the 3DS and one character unique to the Wii U. They're doing this to force you to buy both versions. I know they said the rosters would be the same, they either lied or they changed their minds. The 3DS character will be the Tactician from Fire Emblem Awakening. I don't know who the Wii U character is. By doing this, they're going to announce three new characters total at E3 (combined with the above point). I don't know anything about Palutena, in case you're wondering.
>They're announcing playable alt costumes with alternate voice acting but they're otherwise identical. Examples given are Daisy/Peach, Lucas/Ness, and Lucina/Marth.
>New assist trophies: Chrom, Magnus, King K. Rool
>New items: Fishing Pole (LoZ, you whip it forward and it hooks onto someone and you can restrict their movements for a bit)
>New final smashes: Fox has an Arwing he summons instead of Landmaster. You fly around and shoot directly in front of you and the lasers ignore terrain and anything that would block them

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
>There will be one character unique to the 3DS and one character unique to the Wii U. They're doing this to force you to buy both versions. I know they said the rosters would be the same, they either lied or they changed their minds.
>They're announcing playable alt costumes with alternate voice acting but they're otherwise identical. Examples given are Daisy/Peach, Lucas/Ness, and Lucina/Marth.

I call hyper bull**** lvl. 50000.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
K Rool assist trophy seems unlike. He's either playable, a boss, or not in the game in my opinion. The Kremlings getting in as minion/peon enemies only to serve an assist trophy.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sakurai in Smash Direct: "The roster will be the same on both versions."
Troll on 4Chan: "The roster will have exclusive characters."

You decide!

.Lucina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1598-3487
I agree with ChunkyBeef; it's disappointing enough to be true. Personally, I would be BEYOND ecstatic if that leak was true. Really hoping so. If Lucina is an alternate costume (And alternate voices! Yes please!) I could see Chrom as an assist. Magnus seems perfect as an assist trophy, and I don't really know anything about K.Rool. The Lucas and Ness alternates could explain why neither have been revealed yet.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The only leaks with merit (Palutena and Sal leak) were short and to the point. All the fake leaks have been long with unnecessary back stories.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
The only leaks with merit (Palutena and Sal leak) were short and to the point. All the fake leaks have been long with unnecessary back stories.
All the actual legitimate fighting games leaks have all been concise, as well, with just the playable fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom