• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Are we sure these pictures are 100% flawless? Is there anything odd about them or something that seems out of place?

Last edited:

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200
Logically speaking, if you were writing these names up in photoshop or whatever, there's no reason that you'd randomly switch to a different font. And its not something that can accidentally happen. Very peculiar.
It can actually happen accidentally. Maybe the clean version was made in illustrator, but the edits were made in photoshop and the leaker forgot they were using certain font.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I am not interested in leaks that do not have character reveals. If this is real, it basically confirms the number of characters, but not much else in the roster department.

If people want to leak the roster, they should do it before Nintendo does it first (possibly in two weeks and definitely whenever the 3DS version comes out).
Actually if it was true it technically does confirm certain characters.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
"C" problem debunked!

In the Direct, when Sakurai talks about the "For Fun" mode, we can see Sonic's name using the C font shown in the leak.

Later, when talking about Little Mac, we see the C in his name is the C in the leak as well.

These are both correct, and quite impressive that he caught that they are different if it is a leak.
Look again, it may be small so go to 1080p, but you'll notice that this statement is false.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
It can actually happen accidentally. Maybe the clean version was made in illustrator, but the edits were made in photoshop and the leaker forgot they were using certain font.
The 2 names are actually supposed to be in different fonts, you can see both of them in the Direct:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs

9:24 for Sonic's name

26:43 for Little Mac's

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

Are we sure these pictures are 100% flawless? Is there anything odd about them or something that seems out of place?
the only thing that looks wrong to me still is the missing hand for the player, but that still could be a change in ui or something ill have to keep looking but after a day and a half looking i cant find anything

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't know about flawless, but I guess people have found some sort of explanations for Marth's transparecy, all the 3's, the "puck" without the hand etc... maybe we ought to recap all of those, oh dear...

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I don't know about flawless, but I guess people have found some sort of explanations for Marth's transparecy, all the 3's, the "puck" without the hand etc... maybe we ought to recap all of those, oh dear...
Marth is transparent because he hasn't been chosen, the 3's are CPU values, the puck is either UI change or a Gamepad tap.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
WOW ok lol i didnt even notice that nice catch, im still not sure about the leak though about 50/50 still for me
Can we get a picture confirmation on the Nintendo Direct C deal?
This information is not true, the Cs in the direct curl just like on the website. It's more clear of the S than the C.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Marth is transparwnt because he hasn't been chosen, the 3's are CPU values, the puck is either UI change or a Gamepad tap.
i am not sure about the gamepad tap idea just because of the other controller types, it could happen just not fully convinced

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
To recap:
-The 3's obviously indicate level 3 computers (since the player slots have a generic smash symbol instead of a series icon, like the Fire Emblem sword).
-Marth's transparency means that the cursor is hovering over the character, but he's not selected (it was like this in past Smash games as well.)
-For the puck without the hand, I would assume that this is an aesthetic change and that the cursor changes between a puck and a hand when entering/leaving the character slots

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
"C" problem debunked!

In the Direct, when Sakurai talks about the "For Fun" mode, we can see Sonic's name using the C font shown in the leak.

Later, when talking about Little Mac, we see the C in his name is the C in the leak as well.

These are both correct, and quite impressive that he caught that they are different if it is a leak.

Holy Crap guys. He's right.

Here's Little Mac, notice the curve in the "C"

Now here is Sonic

You need to look carefully. But those are definently different "C"s.

Now not only does this debunk that theory. It also gives more credibility to the leak. Who in the world knew the "C"s were different besides the developers?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

I found a few interesting things to note:

1. The background is way less detailed. It is like a Solid color, I would expect at least a bit more detail like shadows or something, but it is nothing but a blank beige background.
  2. See those 2 red bars next to "Free for All"? Those probably show how many Menus you wet through to get there. However!

Excuse the funny sponge bob reference, but besides that this is not edited from the original image of For Fun and For Glory. You can see those 2 bars again. This supposedly because the player is 2 menus in. He went to Online then to With Anyone. As shown by the Online > With Anyone.

In the 2nd image you can see Smash > Free for All.

Not sure if this means anything, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
To recap:
-The 3's obviously indicate level 3 computers (since the player slots have a generic smash symbol instead of a series icon, like the Fire Emblem sword).
-Marth's transparency means that the cursor is hovering over the character, but he's not selected (it was like this in past Smash games as well.)
-For the puck without the hand, I would assume that this is an aesthetic change and that the cursor changes between a puck and a hand when entering/leaving the character slots
wow im a dummy for not even thinking that the hand could changed into the puck, i was so confused on how it would work

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now here is Sonic

Now not only does this debunk that theory. It also gives more credibility to the leak. Who in the world knew the "C"s were different besides the developers?
This leak just keeps getting more interesting doesn't it? Well, I think we've covered just about the whole thing. Not much else to do now other than to wait.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

I found a few interesting things to note:

1. The background is way less detailed. It is like a Solid color, I would expect at least a bit more detail like shadows or something, but it is nothing but a blank beige background.
  2. See those 2 red bars next to "Free for All"? Those probably show how many Menus you wet through to get there. However!

Excuse the funny sponge bob reference, but besides that this is not edited from the original image of For Fun and For Glory. You can see those 2 bars again. This supposedly because the player is 2 menus in. He went to Online then to With Anyone. As shown by the Online > With Anyone.

In the 2nd image you can see Smash > Free for All.

Not sure if this means anything, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Little details like this are what we need to look for. Great find. You see my post on the "C"s?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129

Now here is Sonic

Stop this, you're dilusional, and also watching it at FAR too low a resolution!

Different C, Different S

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
This leak just keeps getting more interesting doesn't it? Well, I think we've covered just about the whole thing. Not much else to do now other than to wait.
I feel like this is the most groundbreaking evidence yet. I love how this started as a way to disprove the leak, and now it's maybe the leak's biggest evidence. There's no way a faker could have noticed that. I'm shocked.

quote="Cheezey Bites, post: 16790409, member: 221675"]Stop this, you're dilusional, and also watching it at FAR too low a resolution!

Different C, Different S[/quote]
Looks fine to me? I don't see what's different from what I said

Last edited:

plrichard

Smash Cadet
From Randomname19 on Nintendolife:

"The c is different because Sonic is trademarked so Nintendo is forced to write Sonic's name in the same way of the trademark"

Would make sense...

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I feel like this is the most groundbreaking evidence yet. I love how this started as a way to disprove the leak, and now it's maybe the leak's biggest evidence. There's no way a faker could have noticed that. I'm shocked.
Nope, Cheezey Bites just proved that they are just using a completely different font all together.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
What if we can make our own colours now?
Then there would be custom moveset button under it.
It would be in options in the main menu. Or vault. Or anything else.
Also if there are 2 different C's, then wouldn't the OCD Wii Fit TRAINER thing be debunked.

Last edited:

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Maybe one potential problem is that the backgrounds to the characters are the same light blue-->white gradient that is on the official website, as if the character artwork was just cropped and pasted. HOWEVER, the Brawl roster has this exact same gradient behind the characters, so it might not actually mean anything...

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129

Oh look, two Cs that are the same, and both curved unlike the fake leak... this means so much guys...

D:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Gamerguy you're a pixel artist? Look at this. Different C's
Sonic C:

Little Mac C:

very small. Meant to enlarge it but not used to this Mac. Download the images and zoom in. Sonic's C does not close as much in game

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
View attachment 14761

Look differentish to me. Could be wrong, though.
You have the size for Sonic C wrong. Besides, it is still different from the CSS.
Gamerguy you're a pixel artist? Look at this. Different C's
Sonic C:

Little Mac C:

very small. Meant to enlarge it but not used to this Mac. Download the images and zoom in. Sonic's C does not close as much in game
Your not using good resolution, and sizes are different. The other comparison is better.

I think the leak is dead.

Last edited:

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200

Now here is Sonic

I don't think that's really the case. I just took screenshots from the Direct in HD and this is how it looks:

EDIT: Ninja'd twice

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I don't think that's really the case. I just took screenshots from the Direct in HD and this is how it looks:

Oh look, two Cs that are the same, and both curved unlike the fake leak... this means so much guys...

D:

Serioously though Cheezey. No need to be acting like a jerk bud.

While I don't think it kills the leak. It definently takes away some respect I had for it

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Serioously though Cheezey. No need to be acting like a jerk bud.

While I don't think it kills the leak. It definently takes away some respect I had for it
How is Cheezey acting like a jerk? He just pointed out you were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom