• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
ok but it would be incredibly silly for the demo css to use locked slots because then they'd be revealing the size of the roster. why would they not just scale the icons like they did in brawl demos/before you unlock characters in brawl?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
ok but it would be incredibly silly for the demo css to use locked slots because then they'd be revealing the size of the roster. why would they not just scale the icons like they did in brawl demos/before you unlock characters in brawl?
Ahem, in the words of Con0rrr:

"That argument is false because you don't know because Sakurai is crazy like that."

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
nope if the leaker showed a picture with a comment that seems plausible then it can looks real.

But if I have the proof that the picture is fake ESPECIALLY on the "unlocked" characters, then how is there 2 version? The c error and the color error was on the unlocked characters so they have been edited. The rest just goes downhill (the 2 version is a lie and so, the other picture that claimed that has to be fake because he's claiming something that we know is a lie).

Are you seriously biased? If you consider a lie real then explain.

And the angle difference?
Maybe someone just edited Little Mac in. It's not that hard to comprehend. The "different colors" that you so valiently want to scream to yourself about are the same color, you just refuse to actually check it digitally.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
This thread is gettin' very interesting, you guys are showing all your efforts... it's make me happy too see a community working like this (even on opposing sides proving/debunking)

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Maybe someone just edited Little Mac in. It's not that hard to comprehend. The "different colors" that you so valiently want to scream to yourself about are the same color, you just refuse to actually check it digitally.
And the C and the M?

Even with a big evidence as this, this leak has too many holes.

This thread is gettin' very interesting, you guys are showing all your efforts... it's make me happy too see a community working like this (even on opposing sides proving/debunking)
It's not it became to a point when it's annoying I should not do as much effort right now.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
And the C and the M
Are irrelevant because of picture quality. There are no glaring irregularities that can't be explained by this being a demo, developed by Bamco, taken by a camera. There is nothing that can be proven or disproven until E3.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
How many "leakers" we have inside this leak? It's pretty confusing...
I believe there were only 2 leakers. The guy who made pics 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6. The other leaker edited pic 4 to make pic 5.

What believers are saying that there are 3 leakers. The guy who made pics 1 and 2. Another who made 3, 4, and 6. And the one who made 5.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Are irrelevant because of picture quality. There are no glaring irregularities that can't be explained by this being a demo, developed by Bamco, taken by a camera. There is nothing that can be proven or disproven until E3.
I just understood what you're doing now and because of that, I'm done.

You're believing that all those happens all at the same time:

the ridley pixel was an error in the demo
the c and m are an error by the demo
the color difference that only appears on one box is because of the image compression (here)

What are the ods of all thoise being true at the same time? I don't even think it's even a percent so basically, you make me waste my time.

Just believe this leak I'm done talking with you.

Morbi

Scavenger
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink...

I will say; hopefully, it is somehow real because that color tab would make the game for me.

.Lucina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1598-3487
All these minute details off... could be an error. On the other hand, the leaker could just have not payed attention on Photoshop. Hard to tell, but at least we'll know at E3.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So basically the website with the mercenary seems more legit now...
I cannot hold the pression.

Morbi

Scavenger
All these minute details off... could be an error. On the other hand, the leaker could just have not payed attention on Photoshop. Hard to tell, but at least we'll know at E3.
Of course they COULD be error, that does not; however, mean it is likely. That is merely a possibility.
#Strawgrasp

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Ok, the pixel thing I buy could be an error, because that stuff happens.

But the typography thing can't be dismissed. That's a HUGE sign of Little Mac and Mega Man being photoshopped into the images. In that case it's more likely they're fake than it is likely a glitch would change the typography from the one in the menu to the one from the website.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, the pixel thing I buy could be an error, because that stuff happens.

But the typography thing can't be dismissed. That's a HUGE sign of Little Mac and Mega Man being photoshopped into the images. In that case it's more likely they're fake than it is likely a glitch would change the typography from the one in the menu to the one from the website.
THIS IS WHAT I'M TRYING TO EXPLAIN THE WHOLE TIME!!!!

euh... even if I would like this leak THIS IS NOT HAPPENING.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I am not interested in leaks that do not have character reveals. If this is real, it basically confirms the number of characters, but not much else in the roster department.

If people want to leak the roster, they should do it before Nintendo does it first (possibly in two weeks and definitely whenever the 3DS version comes out).

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Food for thought:

We have two clearly inconsistent images in the form of the Mega/Mac and the Ridley image, but both of these are, other than the added characters, consistent with the original. How is this the case?

The original was taken off a screen, and distorted by this, yet the others do not show aditional signs of distortion, as if the edit was made to the original image that was displayed on the screen for the original photos.

I ask you this, how did someone get that clean version of the image to Photoshop if it's real? Capture device? But then that leads to why they got that clean picture and then didn't upload it online right away? Why did they then Photoshop it and photo it off another screen?

I'm calling it fake!

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
And the angle difference?
Yea, I'm just saying that if we're going to talk about photoshop at all, then it's possible the CSS actually did have its picture taken but it was photoshopped afterwards anyway.

Plus, if this is real but is just a demo version and not the final CSS, the grouping of the characters could be different in the final version and this image is a tease that's throwing everyone off. Totally plausible (I'm looking at you pseudo-Palutena and Ridley shadow).

Or, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if they left a few character portrait locks out as a surprise for when the game is actually released--like this is what we'll see at E3 and Best Buy, but when the 3DS version comes out 1-3 secret characters can be unlocked that are beyond the 50 here. I could see that. I want to see that hahaha.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Or, I wouldn't be surprised at this point if they left a few character portrait locks out as a surprise for when the game is actually released--like this is what we'll see at E3 and Best Buy, but when the 3DS version comes out 1-3 secret characters can be unlocked that are beyond the 50 here. I could see that. I want to see that hahaha.
Yeah the locks aren't the problem there could have been there (actually, why nintendo isn't doing this? That would tease so much).

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Food for thought:

We have two clearly inconsistent images in the form of the Mega/Mac and the Ridley image, but both of these are, other than the added characters, consistent with the original. How is this the case?

The original was taken off a screen, and distorted by this, yet the others do not show aditional signs of distortion, as if the edit was made to the original image that was displayed on the screen for the original photos.

I ask you this, how did someone get that clean version of the image to Photoshop if it's real? Capture device? But then that leads to why they got that clean picture and then didn't upload it online right away? Why did they then Photoshop it and photo it off another screen?

I'm calling it fake!
This post may not be what people want to hear or believe, but darn it all it's the most elegant and simple conclusion we can draw from the evidence.

Even if the thing turns out to be true, with the information we have this is what makes the most sense.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Logically speaking, if you were writing these names up in photoshop or whatever, there's no reason that you'd randomly switch to a different font. And its not something that can accidentally happen. Very peculiar.

Shroob

Sup?
But yes, I'm still one of the biggest 'naysayer' of this 'leak'. I don't believe it at all, and there's very little that will make me believe it outside of seeing the actual demo screen to look at it.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Just saying, if the leaker pops up again with some neat Ridley artwork I might not buy it because he could have made it in the time between days.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Just saying, if the leaker pops up again with some neat Ridley artwork I might not buy it because he could have made it in the time between days.
I would honestly believe the leak if some neat Ridley artwork was leaked; but it will not be leaked, because there is not any Ridley artwork from the website.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
Logically speaking, if you were writing these names up in photoshop or whatever, there's no reason that you'd randomly switch to a different font. And its not something that can accidentally happen. Very peculiar.
I am now of the opinion that the first 2 images (regardless of whether or not they are real) were definitely uploaded by a different person than the later ones.

I think that pics 3, 4, and maybe 6 were uploaded by a separate person(s) and were photoshopped to include Little Mac, Mega Man, and the Ridley tease. There doesn't seem to be a single thing wrong with the first 2 pics, and all the little problems and inconsistencies come from the later ones.

Even if the first 2 pics are photoshopped fakes, they don't seem to have been done by the same person as the later pics.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I am now of the opinion that the first 2 images (regardless of whether or not they are real) were definitely uploaded by a different person than the later ones.

I think that pics 3, 4, and maybe 6 were uploaded by a separate person(s) and were photoshopped to include Little Mac, Mega Man, and the Ridley tease. There doesn't seem to be a single thing wrong with the first 2 pics, and all the little problems and inconsistencies come from the later ones.
i want to believe this but im not sure, i only hope its true so it means we are getting around 50 characters as that is awesome

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Well speaking of letters, the middle i in Luigi's name is thinner than the last i in his name. It's that way in every photo. Could easily be a stylistic choice that most people wouldn't notice but that would make it look a little better.

Well I think I need to abstain now, I know I can't be unbiased when looking at this.

Just realized I made this account back in 2007 before Brawl even came out and have just been lurking on and off since. Back to lurking on and off I go.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
"C" problem debunked!

In the Direct, when Sakurai talks about the "For Fun" mode, we can see Sonic's name using the C font shown in the leak.

Later, when talking about Little Mac, we see the C in his name is the C in the leak as well.

These are both correct, and quite impressive that he caught that they are different if it is a leak.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Ahem, in the words of Con0rrr:

"That argument is false because you don't know because Sakurai is crazy like that."
Yeah that's not what I said. It's a new game. You can't say that the leak is false because of the locks. I'd say more, but I'd get flagged for flaming.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
"C" problem debunked!

In the Direct, when Sakurai talks about the "For Fun" mode, we can see Sonic's name using the C font shown in the leak.

Later, when talking about Little Mac, we see the C in his name is the C in the leak as well.

These are both correct, and quite impressive that he caught that they are different if it is a leak.
WOW ok lol i didnt even notice that nice catch, im still not sure about the leak though about 50/50 still for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom