• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
There is one thing that bugs me.

Where are the hands for the character select screen.

Is that unusual?
Perhaps it's just cursors now? Streamlining it, maybe for the 3DS touch controls?

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
People keep saying that you unlock characters via the Demo, and that's the reasonable explanation. *shrugs*

Why would you be able to unlock characters in a demo?
Well, the demo is supposed to last all E3, right? Maybe Sakurai will "unlock" them at E3 and the two different screens are before and after the unlock?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
People keep saying that you unlock characters via the Demo, and that's the reasonable explanation. *shrugs*

Why would you be able to unlock characters in a demo?
That's not what I said. I simply said we don't know because this is probably a beta of the demo. We don't know how it works. Even if this was being faked, the leaker is talented, crafty, and smart. Even he would think that adding more characters in a demo would be fake. So reverse psychology being considered, this seems to be real based on that specifically.

Also, in response to you wondering about the blue glow around Ridley, it may be the new thing used to show a new unlocked character not yet played with

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
This leak is so weird it's like the leaker could've intentionally be ambiguous on ridley but it really seems improbable for a random shot to just happens to not show ridley's portrait but shows the screw attack and the y. Anyone can counter this?

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
https://i.imgur.com/6VppAjx.png
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Yoshi, WARIO, Dk, Diddy, King k. Rool? , Kirby, DDD, Metaknight, Fox, Falco, Wolf ?????????????????
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Shiek, Toon Link, Samus, Zero Suit, Ridley, Pit, Palutena, Villager ???????????????????????
Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Mewtwo, Marth, Ike, Chrom, ?, ?, Wii fit, Sonic ???????????????????

Also RIP GHIRAHIM T_T

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Whatever, I guess if you keep talking about something odd, it has to make sense overtime. My personal opinion is that there are way to many shady things going on for it to be real.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Rosalina, Yoshi, WARIO, Dk, Diddy, King k. Rool? , Kirby, DDD, Metaknight, Fox, Falco, Wolf ?????????????????
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Shiek, Toon Link, Samus, Zero Suit, Ridley, Pit, Palutena, Villager ???????????????????????
Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Mewtwo, Marth, Ike, Chrom, ?, ?, Wii fit, Sonic ???????????????????

Also RIP GHIRAHIM T_T
Krystal is the fourth Star fox slot. Snake is in front of sonic.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

Also RIP GHIRAHIM T_T
I'm thinking Sonic, Chorus Man, Pac-Man considering the Gematsu leak. This leak and Gematsu fit together like puzzle pieces. This is getting more credible by the second

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
Whatever, I guess if you keep talking about something odd, it has to make sense overtime. My personal opinion is that there are way to many shady things going on for it to be real.
I think it's cool to let people speculate I mean what else is there to talk about.. we haven't really had a leak in a while.

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking Sonic, Chorus Man, Pac-Man considering the Gematsu leak. This leak and Gematsu fit together like puzzle pieces. This is getting more credible by the second
Did you forget about Megaman?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Here's what I whipped up in the roster maker:

Red block is the "Y" character. I suppose the last block to the right is random, since it looks very different from the rest.

EDIT: Fixed Marth's placement.

EDIT EDIT: Added Mega Man and Little Mac.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
As far as cursors go, I speculated that it's possible the cursors disappear when you've picked up your token and reappear when you've selected your character. Also, I saw someone suggest that the 3DS might be used to control the game, which doesn't strike me as impossible.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Red block is the "Y" character. I suppose the last block to the right is random, since it looks very different from the rest.
In the third released picture, Megaman and Little Mac are present. And ridley is hinted towards being to the left of Pit.

Khao

Smash Lord
That's not what I said. I simply said we don't know because this is probably a beta of the demo. We don't know how it works. Even if this was being faked, the leaker is talented, crafty, and smart. Even he would think that adding more characters in a demo would be fake. So reverse psychology being considered, this seems to be real based on that specifically.
Why would a genuine leaker want to use any kind of psychology at all? Why would they need to be crafty? All they have to do is leak information without being caught.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

Now fill in with characters like Bowser, Rosalina, etc.

I think Nightmare's link is it 100%

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Why would a genuine leaker want to use any kind of psychology at all? Why would they need to be crafty? All they have to do is leak information without being caught.
That's my point. A leaker would just show details as we are seeing while a faker would want it to seem as real as possible. So the leak gains credibility through the "character unlocked" plothole.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
This seems pretty fake. The amount of locked spaces is really high and I doubt they would wan't that kind of clutter on the css of a demo.

That and Mega Man vanishing/appearing.

Neo Zero

Little Mac goes above the slot to the right of Mega Man. Otherwise, looks 100% plausible

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I still don't understand how in any if this was a random shot with whatever camera how to make a shot so precise to not see ridley's portrait but see the screw attack with the y? It seems the shot was prepared which would leads to a fake.

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I think Snake would be in instead of Mii... but that's just me.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Actually Nightmare, we are missing Ice Climbers. I'd bet that they are in place of either K Rool, ROB, Lucas, or Wolf
Welp everyone, I do believe that would be the final roster of Super Smash Bros. 4.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
This seems pretty fake. The amount of locked spaces is really high and I doubt they would wan't that kind of clutter on the css of a demo.

That and Mega Man vanishing/appearing.
The third picture posted had Megaman in it, which says that the demos might well have characters you can unlocked out of newcomers/veterans that have already been announced, as a kind of treat to people participating in the events.

Nightmare™

Smash Ace

Maybe Lucas was..cut.. *Crickets* I don't think they would cut ROB tbh he is unique wheres Ness and Lucas are kinda similar as well.. so who knows.

Last edited:

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
The Ridley hint is one of the most suspicious things, that's true.
But supposing the leak is true.. it could be meant to prevent an angered Sakurai. Wasn't he also pissed, because Brawl cutscenes got posted on the Internet?

Not trying to defend the leak, was just trying to find a reason why to choose this ridiculous camera angle.

Also, Sal leak, don't be true. pls. no korus kidz. sal pls don do tis

Morbi

Scavenger
I still don't understand how in any if this was a random shot with whatever camera how to make a shot so precise to not see ridley's portrait but see the screw attack with the y? It seems the shot was prepared which would leads to a fake.
The picture was taken in an alternate universe titled: convenience.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Actually Nightmare, we are missing Ice Climbers. I'd bet that they are in place of either K Rool, ROB, Lucas, or Wolf
My blind hatred for Ice Climbers made me forget about them lol. This brings us to the possibility of another cut

Wolf
Lucas
Ice Climbers
ROB
G&W

If this roster is right, Lucas is safe, as no one else could go in the RPG row with Ness. Wolf could be where Olimar goes, and IC could be where he is. The 3 retro characters I think are safe, so the most logical cut would be Wolf.

Shroob

Sup?

Maybe Lucas was..cut.. *Crickets*
Alternatively, put Olimar in K.Rool's slot. Olimar was grouped near Mario's franchise(s) in Brawl since they were all made by Miyamoto. That way, Lucas would be next to Ness and Chorus Kids would be in the same line as Villager.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Honestly, with the addition of K. Rool and Ridley I can suddenly come to peace with the Gematsu leak.

Furthermore, this would also lend to the GameOtaku E3 leak that says we'll see the entire roster at E3. I doubt we'd get such an expansive demo otherwise.

Alternatively, put Olimar in K.Rool's slot. Olimar was grouped near Mario's franchise(s) in Brawl since they were all made by Miyamoto. That way, Lucas would be next to Ness and Chorus Kids would be in the same line as Villager.
I doubt they'd randomly put Olimar in between two franchises like that, seems rather clashing.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

Maybe Lucas was..cut.. *Crickets*
You could cut either K Rool, Rob, or Lucas and I'd believe you. We'll go with that for now. Maybe put 3 questiom marks and pull out those three on the side outlined in red. And Ice Climbers outlined in Blue. Diagraming that one of those is replaced by Ice Climbers.

Edit: Wolf too

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom