• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dynasty Battles 3: Subterranean Prominence - November 23rd, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
@
Address: 702a Spadina Avenue
Main Intersection: Bloor & Spadina
Where: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Date: Saturday, November 23rd, 2013
Prices
Venue fee: $10 / Spectate only: $5​
Brawl Singles: $10​
Brawl Doubles: $20​
Project M: $10​
Payouts:
Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles
1st place: 60%​
2nd place: 30%​
3rd place: 10%​
Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles
Project M
*Payouts are subject to change.*​
Schedule:
12 pm - 9 pm​
12:00 pm: Registration Begins​
1:15 pm: Registration Closes​
1:30 pm: Doubles / Project M Begins​
3:00 pm: Singles Pools​
4:30 pm: Amateurs Bracket Begins​
5:00 pm: Singles Bracket Begins​
9:00 pm: Payouts​
*scheduled times are approximate*​
Food:
A&C sells water, Coke, Iced tea, Gatorade, and Canada Dry for $1/$2​
There is a Pizza Pizza nearby, north of the venue at the main intersection of Spadina & Bloor. There's a Lick's not even a minute's walk north of the venue, and if you walk south to Harbord st. there's a couple of independent pizza places (Cora and Papa Ceo) and a B.B. Ques. The intersection with Pizza Pizza also has a tim horton's and a second cup.​
Directions:
The venue is just 1 stop south of Spadina subway station. Refer to the map below to find the quickest route for you. Keep in mind this is at A&C World and NOT A&C Games. They are 2 doors apart.
Brawl Rules
Apex Ruleset
Apex Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Counter Picks:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Halbard
Frigate
Castle Siege

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as "BOTH" YOU, and YOUR OPPONENT AGREE, and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be NO COMPLAINTS MOTHER F*****S!
General Rules:
No illegal substances, no alcohol, no green, (NO DANK KUSH). (YEA TAKE THAT $*** OUTSIDE)
Don't smell, please shower (Yea Wash your Ballz and Other Privates, PLZ)
Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies​
Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face​
(Hacked Recording) Wii + Brawl:
[T.T.D] Blacktwins13 +1​
Helldew +1​
Ryoko +1​
Poke +1​
MorKs +1​
Total (Hacked Recording) Wii + Brawl count = 5 (5)​
Wii + Brawl/Project M:
A&C World (x3)​
SMew2 +1​
MorKs +1​
Total Wii + Brawl count = 5 [5]​
TV's:
A&C World (Enough)​
Total TV count = Enough​
Extension Cords/Power Bars:
A&C World (Enough)​
Attendance List:
1. [T.T.D] Blacktwins13​
2. [OSAP] V115​
3. xFire To Joe​
4. [OSAP] Fisch​
5. Poke​
6. DDM​
7. [OSAP] Trilo​
8. [OSAP] AK​
9. [OSAP] KillerAP​
10. HammerTime​
11. xBlitz​
12. O-Dog​
13. Oytonix Prime​
14. Snow Shard​
15. Ryoko​
16. Astro​
17. Jen​
18. Helldew​
19. Frank​
20. P. Lemonade​
21. Lime​
22. LooftWaffles​
23. Patches​
24. Sushine​
25. B-Dog​
26. Extreme Sausage​
27. NCEW​
28. LackadaisyAlex​
29. Blueberry Kong​
30. NOOB64​
31. SMew2​
32. Mprime​
33. Morks​
34. Holy Nightmare​
35. Ally​
36. Frr Zss​
37. Knight​
38. Meekspeedy​
39. CoffeBlack​
40. Pappy​
41. McD (+2)​
42. xYoh​
43. TKL97 (+2)​
44. cMeDu​
45. JMo​
46. Leafshadow​
47. Inle​
48. Mr.L​
49. White91​
50. BP IV:XX​
HMWii22 (Maybe)​
Kongmetal (Maybe)​
SomeBrawler (Maybe)​
aZiUm (Maybe)​
iliad (maybe)​
Ice Climbers P and N (Maybe)​
54 (60)​
+ people confirming on Facebook!​

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
Project M Ruleset for DB3
* Version used will be 2.6b (download here)
* 4 stock, 8 minutes.
* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
* Items set to "off" and "none."
* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.
* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can't be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.
* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.
* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, Kirby/DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.
* Buffer set to off.
* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
* Custom music is allowed as long as it's not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.
* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.
* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO's discretion.
* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs' Rising Pound and Mario's Up-B Walljump)
* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn't hold up the next match.
* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.
Stagelist:
For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Maximum of 1 Starter can be banned). Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won. The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.
Starters
·Smashville
·Pokémon Stadium 2
·Yoshi’s Story
·Battlefield
·Dreamland
Counterpicks
·Final Destination
·Fountain of Dreams
·Yoshi’s Island: Brawl
·Lylat Cruise
·Warioware
·Green Hill Zone
·Dracula’s Castle
·Pokémon Stadium 1 (on the second page)

Patches

Smash Master
Im hoping to come out to this. With my new job im pretty sure i get weekends off. So yeah, if thats the case ill be at this (:

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Kinda hope I can come. Feel like its been forever since I've come to one.

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
Smashville is legal? What kind of wacky ruleset is this?!

Nevertheless, I will probably be there.

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
My brother has requested me to ask you to teach him the Lucas matchup. His :ike: is rusty & free.

Sincerely,

His newly appointed secretary (apparently).
If I show up I can play some matches with him. I don't know too much about Ike but maybe I'll be able to think of some stuff that Ike should be doing in the matchup as we play.

dnNCEW

Smash Rookie
I'd love to go to a tourney, never been before but put NCEW and LackadaisyAlax on the maybe list.
I have a feeling we're gonna get destroyed but meh, I think a tourney could be fun.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I'd love to go to a tourney, never been before but put NCEW and LackadaisyAlax on the maybe list.
I have a feeling we're gonna get destroyed but meh, I think a tourney could be fun.
You'll definitely have fun! Tourneys are awesome, and the best way to get better too! You may get destroyed the first few tourneys you go to, but before long you'll be keeping up with a lot of other players.

dnNCEW

Smash Rookie
You'll definitely have fun! Tourneys are awesome, and the best way to get better too! You may get destroyed the first few tourneys you go to, but before long you'll be keeping up with a lot of other players.

Good to hear. And yeah I'm expecting to get killed. When you only have 1 sparring partner and each of you only mains a single character, it's easy to overlook a ton of matchups.

Patches

Smash Master
I have an update on my appearance. Ill actually already be in toronto this weekend, and i WILL be at this. However, i dunno if ill be able to compete due to me already having plans on saturday. So whebever im done seeing the play im going to, ill book it to this. Im looking forward to chilling with you guys again :3 also anyone wanna mm? :o

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Smashville is legal? What kind of wacky ruleset is this?!

Nevertheless, I will probably be there.
i am going to Kick you're arse

also im going to this cya nerds

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
dude definitely come to the smashfests we have on friday at a&c and sundays at my house

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
Alright so 2 new updates regarding the tournament.

Update 1: Just so that we can have a "True" Top 10 Results. We're gonna start adding pools just so that it can be more accurate, plus I would find it better because people can get more matches instead of people playing a minimum of 2 matches and getting eliminated early and don't want to come to anymore tournies, ex's tied for 5th's, 7th's, 9th's, 13th, etc.

Update 2. Also for those eliminated Early. we're gonna have an amateur Bracket. so they can have a chance to compete with people of their own levels and the one who comes out on top will get a prize brought to you by A&C.

Just a few Side Notes: Project M will now be Raised to $10 so they can Have a Bigger Pot.
and can also make the 1st update into affect if they would like more matches to play.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Alright so 2 new updates regarding the tournament.

Update 1: Just so that we can have a "True" Top 10 Results. We're gonna start adding pools just so that it can be more accurate, plus I would find it better because people can get more matches instead of people playing a minimum of 2 matches and getting eliminated early and don't want to come to anymore tournies, ex's tied for 5th's, 7th's, 9th's, 13th, etc.

Update 2. Also for those eliminated Early. we're gonna have an amateur Bracket. so they can have a chance to compete with people of their own levels and the one who comes out on top will get a prize brought to you by A&C.

Just a few Side Notes: Project M will now be Raised to $10 so they can Have a Bigger Pot.
and can also make the 1st update into affect if they would like more matches to play.
Are you saying PM is now going to be a main event? Or is it still side event status and you'll replace it with something else in the future maybe?

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
Are you saying PM is now going to be a main event? Or is it still side event status and you'll replace it with something else in the future maybe?

PM is a Reliable Side Event Because it brings more people as a whole. However it will always stay a side event and won't always be at every event i Host.
Also considering the Fact that me and To Joe are gonna be hosting more tournies with different settings and possible Bi-weeklies as an update, i would like to add more variety to side events other then it just being PM. So Consider it more as a little mixup every now and then.

Top Bottom