• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duo Final Smashs

Tanea

Smash Ace
so i was thinking if when you are playing teams battle if you will be able two combine
FS that would be amazing you know the way that it's done in marvel vs. capcom

what you guys think

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
doubt it, both considering there is supposedly only one smash orb per game and the amount of programming that it would take to make all the matches, nonetheless something that would be pretty awesome.

Tanea

Smash Ace
thanks and migth not happen but imagen the possiblities for matches ....... you have one life and so does ur partner and your opponets have one each as well then here come the duo fs ur opponets loose their lifes and you win close call

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
1) This isn't really feasible. It would be very difficult to come up with a unique dual smash for every combination of characters (36 (just an example) characters = 666 possible pairs). Also, it would be hard to implement (not to mention completely unfair) for 3v1 matches.

2) Spelling, grammar, and punctuation are your friends. (This goes for mada0207 as well...)

Firebird_TA

Smash Rookie
1) This isn't really feasible. It would be very difficult to come up with a unique dual smash for every combination of characters (36 (just an example) characters = 666 possible pairs). Also, it would be hard to implement (not to mention completely unfair) for 3v1 matches.
Very good point. It makes it seem very unlikely that such a thing will be put in the game. However, they could just make it work for certain combinations of characters... say, Mario and Luigi, Link and Zelda, etc. I used to play Tekken Tag Tournament on Ps2 and that game had something similair to that (tag combo's.)

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Like Soodey and maxpower said, there'd be a LOT of matches, considering the expected amount of characters.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Firebird_TA

Smash Rookie
Like Soodey and maxpower said, there'd be a LOT of matches, considering the expected amount of characters.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99
That is true, but they wouldn't have to make a duo final smash for every pair of matching characters. Just choose one other character for every character as his or her match, and create a duo final smash for them. That would be one way to make it work, in my opinion.

CodeRed

Smash Apprentice
I am not saying Nintendo is lazy, but if one person from the team picked up the Orb the two players would probably just take their turn using their Final Smash. Then again, Nintendo seems like they always like to go that extra mile and surprise us.

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
hmmm, link opens up with the Triforce Smash. . .while the enemy is immobilized and held getting the crap slashed outa him, Samus' Zero Lazer taks on even MORE devastation

i like the notion

adds new meaning to the word 'OWNED'. . . .i foresee a final-smash owned vid debuting on youtube when brawl is released

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
doubt it, both considering there is supposedly only one smash orb per game and the amount of programming that it would take to make all the matches, nonetheless something that would be pretty awesome.

Where did you here that there will only be one smash orb per game?

Just wondering...

B_Smash07

Smash Apprentice
i love the idea, but it would be real hard to program. maybe they'd just do it for a select few teams of characters. like mario and luigi, link and zelda, etc.

BudDudandSlash

Smash Apprentice
The only way this would work is if players were given the ability to choose a partner to call upon to do their own final smash. There's too many character combos possible to make that many.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Like everyone else (Well some of them) was saying..

It would be pretty awesome.

Yet its highly unlikely.

I would be very very suprised if this happened.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
It would be interesting, but I doubt it cause there is only one Smash ball per game. :(

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
hmmm, link opens up with the Triforce Smash. . .while the enemy is immobilized and held getting the crap slashed outa him, Samus' Zero Lazer taks on even MORE devastation

Seems too good. It's possible, but I think that only one smash orb will be dropped at a time. Unless of course, you're playing a versus match, and set only that item and it on high.

But I don't play with items. Never will.

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
But I don't play with items. Never will.
sure items off is the way i play. . .but i mess around with them alot to have fun. . .its why they where put into the game in the first place.

Have a match at Kanto stadium with only pokeballs set on very high. . .

course i also believe not items in the tourney scene

Tanea

Smash Ace
if you guys think that's to hard then how about just one FS that they can do together.

EX:like mario and luigi get together and they do flaming hurricane or a fire tornado

do you get what im saying not those attacks but somethin similar

Firebird_TA

Smash Rookie
Question:

Teams.
One partner gets FS.
Friendly fire is on.
gg to partner?
Probably... but friendly fire sucks, in my opinion. you can't always prevent getting in each other's way. With friendly fire on, 2v2 matches tend to become 2 seperate 1v1 fights being fought at the same time in the same place.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The only way this would work is if players were given the ability to choose a partner to call upon to do their own final smash. There's too many character combos possible to make that many.
QFT

If there are 40 character in the game, that's 820 different combinations!! o_0

Top Bottom