• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dual Maining

ChrisWithAk

Smash Cadet
Thinking about dual maining and what some of the good combinations are. Obviously the most popular is Sheik/Marth, I was thinking of doing a Sheik/Falco dual maining. Sheik because I like her as my main because she dominates everyone below her for the most part but I like Falco against Fox bettter and also for the sheik matchup cuz I really dont like the sheik ditto. Wondering what your thoughts are on Falco/Sheik as a dual main where I only use Falco for Fox and Sheik.

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
Dual maining is generally harder than solo maining till a very high level. It gets in the way of growth since you have to work out stuff for 2 characters as opposed to just 1. That being said if you feel you need to dual main you obviously can. You just have to consider how much of your growth on 1 character you are willing to compromise to get a good other character.

BuddaRik

Smash Rookie
I personally would be weary of this, I feel like having to play characters with such different timings can make things difficult. as a samus main, I like to play with fox and sheik on the side because they have similar movement timings (wavedash and short hop). I feel like transitioning to play them is a lot easyier than to swith to some one with much different timeing, like marth falcon or falco. Its not impossible to do, but I honestly find my level of skill drops significantly when i switch to a character that requires a different muscle memory than i'm used to. but in all honesty if you play sheik against most opponents, and just falco v. fox + sheik, you can do just fine.

AirFair

Marth tho
It's alright to play more than one character, but if you plan on competing, then one character is probably best until you reach a much higher level.

copke

I Just Got This Controller
NNID
copke46
3DS FC
1049-0983-0823
Thinking about dual maining and what some of the good combinations are. Obviously the most popular is Sheik/Marth, I was thinking of doing a Sheik/Falco dual maining. Sheik because I like her as my main because she dominates everyone below her for the most part but I like Falco against Fox bettter and also for the sheik matchup cuz I really dont like the sheik ditto. Wondering what your thoughts are on Falco/Sheik as a dual main where I only use Falco for Fox and Sheik.
I used to dual main a while back, now I don't main Fox/Falco but I play them both, I main Fox.
Dual maining makes it a lot harder if you're just starting out, it's really overwhelming if you have to learn 2 characters thoroughly.

ChrisWithAk

Smash Cadet
I understand the diffuculty of learning two different characters I was more looking to see what ppl thought of the Falco/Fox MU vs Sheik/Fox MU. Then if Falco beats Sheik enough that its worth it to play Falco instead of mirror matching.

hi im dennis

Smash Apprentice
If you are really going to go competitive, don't dual main because you like the 2nd character, dual main because he is a good counter pick to another high tier your first main isn't very good against.

Top Bottom