• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DtJ Presents: #Shotsfired, a Dramatic Comedy Act I featuring #ChiSports

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer

In Conjuction with

Cordially Invites You To...

#Shotsfired
A Dramatic Comedy -- Act I!

With 100% guarenteed more Results Threads than the GP Affairs series, your friends from DtJ Gaming are back with a brand new tournament series!

...admittedly it's not going to be much different, smash-wise. But it will be the first tournament I host that will have legitimate fighting game tournaments as well as smash tournaments (finally using both rooms yeah wooo yeah)!

I'll have more info on the Marvel/Arcade Edition/SFxT events once I get all that ironed out!

SIGN-IN/REGISTRATION: 11:00am - 12:00am

Ticket Prices
$10 vBrawl Singles
$10 vBrawl Doubles (Per teammate--$20 per team)
$5 Brawl- Singles
$5 Brawl- Doubles (Per teammate--$10 per team)
$5 Ultimate Marvel Singles
Unfortunately, the Venue Fee has been buffed up to $5. A FULL SET-UP will still result in a waived venue!

BRING TVs. Four pools on four TVs is lame and it sucks and it takes forever. Be a super cool guy and bring a TV for a waived venue and my everlasting gratitude!

AiB Link: TBA
Facebook Link: TBA

RULES AND JUNK
[collapse="vBrawl"]3 Stock
8 minute timer
Team Attack: On
Items are set to "off" and "none"
Double Elimination for doubles & singles
Life-Stealing is Legal (Doy)
Metaknight is banned.
All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (Losers and Winners Bracket Finals are best 3 of 5 matches)
If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied, then a 1 stock replay will occur on the same stage, same characters.
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the game ends in a suicide attack, honor the results screen. Should the game go into Sudden Death, there will be a one stock, 3 minute rematch on the same stage with the same characters.
-You are responsible for your own controllers, so be sure to bring an extra controller in case something happens to the one you are using. If your controller malfunctions mid-match, you may request a restart, but both parties must agree on it.
-Each player/team is allowed one stage ban—the chosen stage cannot be chosen by either player for the entire series. You can either choose to ban a stage before the first round, or before your opponent’s counterpick.
-No chaingrab can last past 300%. Any chaingrabbing that exceeds 300% is considered stalling and will result in a forfeit of the match.

LoZ's Stupid Boner Rule - In the event that you should find yourself excessively enjoying a match or it's surroundings, you are required a 5 minute break to walk it off. This is not optional.

PAYOUT
Doubles
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Singles
Under 24
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

24 or Over
1st - 45%
2nd - 23%
3rd - 15%
4th - 9%
5th - 4%/4%

STAGES
The neutral stage will be picked by stage strike method—each player/team takes turns striking one stage at a time, until there are only two neutrals left. The team who striked second then gets to choose between the two remaining neutrals. If there is a problem deciding who strikes first then a simple game of RPS will determine who picks second.
Note: No Player/team can choose a stage they’ve already won on. You can, however, choose a stage you have already lost on.

Neutrals
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium [Melee]
Smashville
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Yoshi's Island [Brawl]
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium [Brawl]
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Brinstar
Final Destination
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Anyone can suggest moving a banned stage to the CP list up until the week of the tourney, but the TOs have the right to deny movement of certain stages (I.E. 75m)

Any player is allowed to play on a nonlegal stage, as long as both players agree to play on that stage. No johns if you lose on a stage you agreed to play on.[/collapse]

[collapse="Brawl-"]
Get the current Brawl- set >HERE<

4 Stocks
8 minute timer
Items set to OFF and NONE
Team Attack set to ON
NO LEDGE GRAB LIMIT
Due to the large number of counterpicks, each player is given TWO stage bans.
If the game ends in a suicide attack, honor the results screen. Should the game go into Sudden Death, there will be a one stock, 3 minute rematch on the same stage with the same characters.

Stagelist
Starter
Temple: M
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Frozen)
Dream Land N64

Counterpick
Frigate
Port Town Aero Dive
Final Destination
Delfino
Lylat Cruise
Halberd-
Rainbow Cruise
Lavaville
1337m
Warioware
Rumble Falls+
Skyworld+

[/collapse]

[collapse="Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3"]
Sign-ups for Ultimate Marvel will start at 2:00 pm
Sets will be Best 3 out of 5 (Winners/Losers/Grand finals will be 5 out of 7)[/collapse]

101 W Kirkwood Ave
Bloomington, IN 47404
Map!

The Venue is the same as the last one--the game rooms in the basement of the mall. Basically, you go downstairs and turn right, and we'll be there playing. There will be signs, and an employee of The Game Preserve will be happy to give you directions downstairs as well.
As for parking, there's a garage on 4th street that connects directly to the mall, and parking is free! It's pretty sweet.​

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Yo #ChiSports

Since this tournament is the week before Vengeance, I'm making a special offer to reward people who travel to this tournament and to Chi and Hilt's.

The team who finishes first in Brawl Doubles here at #Shotsfired will each have their doubles entry paid at Vengeance by me! (They don't have to team together--when I get to Vengeance, I will pay for each teammate's entry into doubles).
Likewise, whoever finishes first in Brawl singles will have his or her entry for Singles at Vengeance covered as well.

Because I am paying for each event separately, the same person may qualify to have their singles and doubles paid for at Vengeance.

If I have any other cool offers I'll update this post with them as well!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Wow @ChiSports you the man, Jake.

Reporting for duty, just let me know whatever you want me to do regarding running Brawl. Don't care how much you put on my shoulders, considering you're going to be busy in the other room with real fighting games (WHAAAAAAA??), so just let me know.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I think I have most band things out of the way by the 31st so I think I'll be able to go :D.

BetaDyne

Smash Cadet
I think I have most band things out of the way by the 31st so I think I'll be able to go :D.
I am in there as though I were swimming garments.

Joey you riding with me kid?

@Composer: If I can help with anything let me know, I'm down to bring a TV as well(Possibly two, but for sure one full set up)

Kel

Smash Master
Everyone, tell your friends about this now so they plan to go to it! We should get Indiana, kentucky, Southern Ohio, and Illinois at this.

No exceptions.

steep

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure with the three people we have confirmed we have almost all of Indiana already. lol

Fancy Fanny

advances in gem tech
Everyone, tell your friends about this now so they plan to go to it! We should get Indiana, kentucky, Southern Ohio, and Illinois at this.

No exceptions.
If anyone is going from/through Dayton, then I'll probably try and get a ride. Because money issues yay :urg:

Fancy Fanny

advances in gem tech
Hell yeah I'm fanfan.
Also money is no longer a problem but if you wanna carpool that's fine :v

Fancy Fanny

advances in gem tech
Might bring a little of cinci with me :v since I have the room in my car.

Top Bottom