• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DtJ Presents: First Date | Indianapolis, IN | March 1st

Rizner

Smash Ace
ject: M Singles
1: Cunning Kitsune
Good games, was fun playing against you.
3: Kyari
Good games, hopefully we can play another set sometime for the tie breaker. Good stuff with the runback (and I think for the future, staying Mario is a good choice against Zelda instead of marth, although it's whatever you're more comfortable with)
4: Normac
Good games, you powered through losers bracket, lol. Was fun playing against such a solid lucario, haven't had that chance in a while.
5: Rizner -
7: Dr. X
Good stuff. Next time let's play in grand finals?
7: Village Mascott
Congrats on beating the bubble, now stop losing at all please.
9: Lance in the Pants
Good games in melee and pm.
9: Broverdose
9: Little England
9: Goodin
13: Sorasin
13: Shion
13: Volk
13: SneakyTako
Yo
17: Rai
17: Krystedez
17: wiisnake
17: Norm
17: The Mentaculus
17: E
17: Kai
17: Sofa King
25: Minyn
25: FishinPenguin
25: Blade
25: YamHam
25: XenHan
25: Xiivi
25: Helix
25: PeppyWill
33: Darklink777
33: Alf
33: Mort
33: Mcyeah
33: Conquistadorable
33: Tarchwood
33: CSharp
33: Codo
33: MuddeMaster
33: Rakii
33: Capn
33: COL
33: Drummaniac28
33: Shade
33: Luminoth
33: K-TEL
[/quote]
I'm bad at shoutouts because after a while I decide to stop. Ggs to everyone I played, had fun in pm and melee, lots of good sets and enjoyed the tournament. Hilt - for the future, I'd be ok with a two day event if needed, although mostly just want pm doubles added. All of the to staff, thank you for hosting, had a great time and it was well ran. You guys also hooked us up with cheap parking even after the tickets didn'twork and I definitely appreciate it. Looking forward to another one. And to the pperson who moved the table from the middle of melee room, thanks. And sorry for the super long melee pools, I think I had 3 sets go to game 3 with the average game time of like 6 or 7 minutes. My b, Kirby takes time.

Cya all next time.

And sb, they paid top 5 in pm

Last edited:

Village Mascot

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. Before shoutouts I'd just like to say thanks to all the TOs of course. Tournament was run well especially given how many people we had in such a small area (for PM, mostly. Melee room was pretty crowded, too).

I'm awful with names / tags so I don't remember most of you, sorry about that.

I somehow got my name entered in Brawl, but I never registered for it. Mistakes were made, sorry that was holding up the bracket at one point.

And now shoutouts, I'll start with brawl because I was in brawl apparently.
Brawl Singles
5: SneakyTako
- Good **** getting fifth.

Moving on.
Melee Singles
7: Luigigoshard -
If I remember correctly, you were the Luigi guy in my pool. Good work getting so far, I was hoping you would win the whole thing but oh well, next time. (If this is the wrong guy... well, good work regardless).
17: Dr. X - You suuuuuuuuuck.
25: Village Mascot - Best worst Samus ever.
25: Rizner - Stop playing Kirby. Also, we should practice actual characters in melee sometime.

Finally the game I'm okay at.
Project: M Singles
1: Cunning Kitsune
- Good work sir. I never got to play your Fox but I saw you wreck Riz which is always fun to watch. Should play some friendlies next time.
2: Lazarond - I definitely want to play against you again hah. Need some practice playing against... myself. You made me understand why my friends hate fighting my Link :p. Good work getting second, man. I'll see you next time.
3: Kyari - Maaaaan super upset about our last game, haha. But good games sir, and congrats on getting third. We'll have to play some friendlies next time.
4: Normac - Didn't get a chance to play you, but I saw you wreck Dr. X, which of course is always fun (see also: Kitsune wrecking Riz). Don't generally play Lucarios, so I'd like to get some friendlies with you next time. Good work on fourth.
5: CT Zero - So you wrecked me in melee because I'm a scrub. Good work getting fifth here.
5: Rizner - I'll out place you next tourney, don't you worry.
7: Dr. X - I think this might be the first tournament where we didn't play against each other. Lucky for you, eh? Good **** as always. Also: Lucas is gimmicky and lame.
7: Village Mascott - The extra t will give you power.
9: Broverdose - I honestly don't think I saw you play. Good work getting 9th, ha.
9: Little England - Good games sir, that first match being 7:40 long was pretty nerve wracking.
13: SneakyTako - Too bad we had to play against each other first round, ha. Good work getting so far starting in the losers bracket, though. Also: get wrecked, scrub.
17: Norm - Same sort of comment as Laz; I never really play against Link so it's interesting playing against him. Good games, should play some friendlies next time around.
25: PeppyWill - I hope this is the right guy, haha. Good to see ya come out. Your MewTwo will be pretty damn scary soon, and thanks for cheering our crew on / playing some friendlies. Hope to see ya around.

Good games to everyone.

Also, in regards to making this a two day event: I think it would be a good idea at some point.
I'm very helpful.

Cheers, everyone.

Last edited:

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
7: Luigigoshard - If I remember correctly, you were the Luigi guy in my pool. Good work getting so far, I was hoping you would win the whole thing but oh well, next time. (If this is the wrong guy...
............yeah that's me, thanks man!

LevelZeroToInfinity

Smash Rookie
I'm actually curious, in future events would we possibly have streaming capabilities? I know it can difficult because the rooms there were pretty small, but it would be really awesome if something like that could happen.

And if you ever need a commentator, I'm always up for it :)

WhyYouSalty

Smash Cadet
I saw a guy recording losers' finals with a handheld camera and I was wondering if anyone knows this man. I want to rewatch Jiano aka Wild Charlie aka the Truth.

Rizner

Smash Ace

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Oh yeah, after reading this and thinking some more, thanks to everyone who was supporting me. From those who passed by and complemented the melee Kirby to those who were watching and encouraging, ty.

For those curious, looks like brackets were uploaded.
Melee: http://smashboards.com/rankings/first-date-melee-bracket.585/event
Project M: http://smashboards.com/rankings/project-m.580/event
Brawl: http://smashboards.com/rankings/singles-bracket.581/event
whoever uploaded this should fix the titles. "Project M" and "Singles Bracket" are not acceptable titles.

Last edited:

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I wanna do proper shout-outs, but I'm restricted to my phone so who knows when that'll be.

So I'll settle with this: thank you so much to the Melee community for being patient and flexible with me. While it was far from my first event run, it was the first time I've ever run a melee bracket, and lucky for me it was filled with 70+ helpful and respectful smash players. You guys were punctual, brought hella set-ups, and helped me get things seeded and it was an absolutely fantastic experience that I hope I get to repeat very soon.

Also shoutouts to my placement in Brawl #bestSamusonlySamus #MetroidJesus

Lazarond

Smash Apprentice
ya i saw that!! its cuz they are still in moderation. its like that for melee pm and brawl :/ i was just wondering if maybe they forgot bout this tourney which was the biggest one i had ever attended at the time! :O

Top Bottom