• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweekly 9 ~Philly, PA~ 10/18/09 Results! MK Banned

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well since I'm new to watching I've been catching up with episodes from the last month or so on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi69WCka9-k

Thats yesterdays show. So far the guy only has part of it up but he uploads full episodes(in 5 parts) so I've been watching a lot of his stuff lately.

America if you believe that brawl is great but is being over run by morons STAND UP! Come on, follow me
Haha, thanks + t00 g00dz. :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Inui's original comment was that IC's wreck without MK being allowed and if you're banning MK, the infinite should go too. It was a legit point.

The reason it appears that he is "*****ing" as you children call it, is because you are pressing his comment as a reason for losing therefore he explains the reasoning behind his point then you idiots complain about his explainations.
I know he made a legit point, but there are more "graceful" ways to explain a problem with the game to people. His method of going about it was straight to the point but also received expected responses for the way he brought it up. THAT is what was being addressed from my end. I'd rather be an "idiot" than mindlessly meat-ride someone, so try to see both sides of an argument from now on, k? O.~

And no...ICs do NOT wreck without MK around. I suggested Peach as an alternative option to deal with them, Inui insisted on not using Peach for rather "typical" reasons, so it's his own fault for still having difficulty against them without MK. Peach may be "low tier trash" according to him, but she does have some matchups where she can shine, and the fact that she can deal with the ICs safely and effectively with a lower risk of being grabbed than most of the other characters makes that matchup one of them. Get the message?

Cel

Smash Cadet
Lol max was on a tv i was playing friendlies on for a long time. He was doing pretty well. I got bored and played him in an ic ditto and got him down to last stock but only to 19% (yes i know dittos dont really mean anything) and my ics are pretty horrible imo. Either way he has some skill.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Inui: If you love smash, then why do you play Brawl, a game inferior to Melee in most aspects. At least play both. It doesn't seem like you play Melee at all.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Lucas likes money.

And complaining.

Can't say I blame him on either front.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
lol I love the fact inui was outplaced by a random because all his facts come from "looking at top players', LOL SINCE M2K USES IKE HE'S THE BEST IKE AND I'M THE 2ND BEST... ***** please, you got waxed by a max player that uses IC and peach... ***** please ahahahahahahah! you need mk son! don't use ike use MK lol!

if mk was banned inui=screwed especially if i'm there

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
lol I love the fact inui was outplaced by a random because all his facts come from "looking at top players', LOL SINCE M2K USES IKE HE'S THE BEST IKE AND I'M THE 2ND BEST... ***** please, you got waxed by a max player that uses IC and peach... ***** please ahahahahahahah! you need mk son! don't use ike use MK lol!

Are you the Renegade that was at OS's circuit event?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui: If you love smash, then why do you play Brawl, a game inferior to Melee in most aspects. At least play both. It doesn't seem like you play Melee at all.
I play Melee. Wtf are you smoking? I was 3rd in NJ for Melee for over a year and then 5th until Brawl came out and I'm still decent.

I would **** your Ike or Snake with Dedede.

Too bad you're not good enough to travel, so we'll probably never play. It's ok, maybe one day you'll be elite like me. ;)

Albert.

Smash Master
There's not enough props in this thread going to an obviously gifted player who pulled a huge upset and won one of his first tourneys.

He Won. Some random who you'd never give the time of day, won. This **** happens.

Him using IC's is irrelevant because Brawl has PLENTY of "gay" characters that can be "gay" to each other. There's enough "gayness" going around with Snake, Diddy, Wario, Falco, D3 and Marth. So essentially there is a nice even top crop of homosexuality.

ICs has even or Losing match ups I believe with Snake, Marth, and falco, at least. I'm not sure about match-up numbers but he doesn't outright destroy the cast without the presence of MK in the brackets, and there is evidence to prove that.

There have been several big tournaments that are Meta-Banned where ICs did NOT destroy everyone.

I would also like to point out that Inui, Atomsk, Chibo, ETC ETC ETC have ALL likely been to big tournaments with Meep and or Lain attending. It's NOT like its a surprise that ICs are good.

back to my point: Max needs more Props.

go Max.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
Why in the h*ll do people think Max is a random. I spoke to Max in person and unlike everyone else, I actually decided to find out his history.

1. He's been playing this game since March 2008
2. He's been maining the ICs for 13 months
3. He's been to only 2 tournies (this is where his "Random" title comes from)
4. He's from PA aka a state that has a well populated smash scene

Also he played with ICs Peach AND Pikachu.

As far as im concerned, he is not a Random. He is just a IC's main. Now check this, I and anyone else can disappear for 1 year to learn the ICs infinites come back and win a tourny. Infinites don't change. PERIOD. Whether it's against the CPU or a Human. The physics don't change, the grab range doesnt change, NOTHING CHANGES. Max showed up, he mained ICs, he played the game since release so he knows what he's doing and he mastered what makes the IC's G*D Tier. Im thoroughly convinced the IC's have there own Tier. No one can do what they do so how can they be put in the same column/tier/convo/title/subject/status/ etc with every other character

Him using IC's is irrelevant because Brawl has PLENTY of "gay" characters that can be "gay" to each other. There's enough "gayness" going around with Snake, Diddy, Wario, Falco, D3 and Marth. So essentially there is a nice even top crop of homosexuality.
Absolutely False... In regular bracket 6 grabs = haha you lost. In Winners Finals, Losers Finals and Grand Finals 9 grabs = haha you lost. Nothing compares to the IC's broken garbage and that's a fact

strawhats

Smash Master
guess who got a good melee controller a few hours ago? That's right *****s it's M2K, I'm ****ing back and ready to **** Pound4... hopefully (right now I'm confident just have to have same day now as in 3 months). Let's talk about how much I ****. I own.
**** YEAH... U dont know how long I've waited for some form of life/enthusiasm from u Jason. One day, I wanna play u get jv 5 stocked and live to tell the tale to people the matter. LOL

**** everyone thats not mango at this ****
and if u cant beat mango at least take him to a 2nd set in GFs and force him to stop using his secondary characters...so u can get your reward (****** in some form)

Train your marth/fox so they can be as good as they were before ( 06-07 ). And **** falcos like u did to PC back in the day

BTW **** ALLY

Inui

Banned via Warnings
yes killing from a single grab no matter what is overrated because other characters can do something that devastating

oh wait...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
quoted from the tristate rankings thread in atl north:

Eggm wins tournaments and is ****ing amazing lololol he's obviously a top player wtffff who is TAG he better do more than get 9th at one tournament ever if he wants to be considered nationally good like Eggm.

ya'll (and everyone else) let their ***** get way too hard over one tournament imo

Sky`

Smash Lord
Knowing that a Random took over an EC tournament. Doesn't that weigh on you guys just a smidgen? Like I'm not trolling, I'm serious.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Knowing that a Random took over an EC tournament. Doesn't that weigh on you guys just a smidgen? Like I'm not trolling, I'm serious.
I understand completely. Everyone found this as extremely surprising, which is why it's gotten as much attention as it has.

However the guy is legit. His first tournament he got 5th (DSO2) taking down Vex (best player in PA) and this one... well, we know what happened lol. the guy is literally just talented, especially when seeing him play against atomsk. he really didn't abuse the ICs infinites and such, and even used a bunch of other characters in bracket to get him wins besides ICs. some ppl are just naturally talented at the game i suppose. i promise to get vids of him next DSO hes at.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
lol inui saying he'd kick my *** with ddd, A character that has a 6-4 over both or worse... lol can't fight me on equal terms, what happend to the "I can beat you in ike dittos" lol so much for that. As I was saying! ike vs IC is a 6-4 match up in ikes favor, if you practiced that match up with ike as you claim to "use ike as much as you say", you could have won. All i'm saying is you got outplayed by Max and since rookie cleared his name from not being a random. Calling his *** MAX PAYNNNEEEE.
"lol" inui makes me laugh, "loves his internet speeches/talks cause they never end".

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Considering all the epic attention all of this has I might make the next DSO on sunday as well hoping to get all the same people + more. More Max ****?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
he really didn't abuse the ICs infinites and such, and even used a bunch of other characters in bracket to get him wins besides ICs. some ppl are just naturally talented at the game i suppose. i promise to get vids of him next DSO hes at.
His other characters were horrible lol... I lost last hit to his Olimar when I SD'd at nearly 0% and missed two crucial edgehogs. I twostocked his Pikachu when I got CGed across at 0% and then messed up my recovery.

All he did was grab me and do a million damage or kill me. That's abusing infinites and IC gayness to me.

You're an idiot, Inui.
Prove it. You're probably just another brainless new school Melee player I'd wreck.

Inui, who did/do you use in Melee?
Sheik and Ganondorf.

lol inui saying he'd kick my *** with ddd, A character that has a 6-4 over both or worse... lol can't fight me on equal terms, what happend to the "I can beat you in ike dittos" lol so much for that. As I was saying! ike vs IC is a 6-4 match up in ikes favor, if you practiced that match up with ike as you claim to "use ike as much as you say", you could have won. All i'm saying is you got outplayed by Max and since rookie cleared his name from not being a random. Calling his *** MAX PAYNNNEEEE.
"lol" inui makes me laugh, "loves his internet speeches/talks cause they never end".
I'd prefer to just have a 100% chance of destroying you in a tournament environment, so I will negate your characters with Dedede and the fact that I am above you in skill. It will be hopeless for you. That's all.

I'll gladly Ike ditto you in an MM.

But, like I said, you do not have the talent to travel and win money, so I will probably never see you unless a major event occurs near you.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Considering all the epic attention all of this has I might make the next DSO on sunday as well hoping to get all the same people + more. More Max ****?
Please don't, its bad enough that Bowser gets no points on ankoku's thread from these tournaments, but I want to be able to atleast make the one's on friday lol!

Top Bottom