• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

Eazy23

Smash Lord
There is obviously more to it than people not wanting mk banned and complaining about it. Most people who are complaining greatly benefit from mk not being usable.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Pakman with all due respect Mark is super pro-ban, is the most biased person I've met when it comes to the ban, and a lot of things he says and does makes a lot of people BELIEVE hes doing it for his own personal reasons. Idc if it is true or not but yes this is his tournament, and yes he can do whatever he wants. But people should be able to say what THEY want, we are the ones attending the tournament and are views our what our views are. You cannot take that away from us, neither can Mark.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Pakman with all due respect Mark is super pro-ban, is the most biased person I've met when it comes to the ban, and a lot of things he says and does makes a lot of people BELIEVE hes doing it for his own personal reasons. Idc if it is true or not but yes this is his tournament, and yes he can do whatever he wants. But people should be able to say what THEY want, we are the ones attending the tournament and are views our what our views are. You cannot take that away from us, neither can Mark.
There is obviously more to it than people not wanting mk banned and complaining about it. Most people who are complaining greatly benefit from mk not being usable.
Yeah but you guys gotta realize that Chibo will never back down from any rules he says he's going to use. The last time he ran an MK banned tourney he didn't and when he allowed stages like Norfair and Jungle Japes for CoT4 he didn't. He will give some justification for the ruleset and if you disagree he is not going to argue. If you try to get him to change his mind after that he is just going to say "ugh stop bothering me" and "don't come if you don't like the rules". All you're doing is wasting your time trying to convince him to do something he isn't going to even consider so just don't show up if you don't like the rules.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
@ Yes!-I'm not complaining, I said I want to use Wolf at these tournaments, but it doesn't change the fact that Chibo is EXTREMELY biased.

@Spam- I know, I asked him on AIM before if the top Philly players could take a vote to see if we can get MK back and he said no. IDC anymore, nothing will sway his mind.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Please explain this post.

What makes me "SUPER" pro-ban?

How am I the most biased person you've ever met.

What things have I said that make people think I do it for personal reasons?

Yes you can say what you want, but ****it can't you guys take a hint. Why can't even half of you guys show a mature side to this. Even when all of you debate most of the time it is not in a sensible manner and your posts end up as flaming.

Pretty much the answer to it is, if you really don't support it, don't go. I find it HILARIOUS that Xzax made a thread in tourney discussion telling people to boycott MK Ban tourneys (and it got locked pretty quickly lol), yet he's still going to this. I've had a ton of people actually come up and tell me they're still coming. I don't think I've ever heard hype like this for a DSO Biweekly before, I love it. The only thing the controversy is even doing is bringing in more attendance lol. People have been saying they didn't even know these existed last summer (:() and whether or not they agree with the MK ban, they still wanna come. So, sounds cool to me :)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I don't support it, but I want to try to use Wolf because I have a strong interest in this character and hes very fun. You are so biased against MK when you made your ratio blog on AiB you said its 8:2 in MK favor against ROB. You banned him after he was unbanned, you always started on me and downed me for using MK, and other things.

:097:

I want this to be a nice thread, I'm done complaining, I haven't complained about it recently and I'm keeping it that way.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Flaming chibo is complaining. Unless he's verbally or textually said "I am pro ban, I am doing this for myself," you're completely out of line for flaming him so much. He's not going to change his mind, nor will he like you much if you put him down all the time. Just relax and deal with it. If you're so opposed to his rules, host you're own tourney. You're a TO as well right?

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
LOL Biased isn't flaming or rude at all. I don't see what your trying to say. Thats like saying if I beat you in tournament I'm a prick for putting you in losers bracket. Like I said 3 times now, I don't care I'm using Wolf, now stop.

:097:

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Chibo, I said stop, WTF don't you understand. Its to the point where I try to stop and you don't. Stop, just ***** stop. I want to end this and be cool, but every time I try you push me away and start arguing. You said you want everything to be normal again but you keep it going.

GOTM

Smash Champion
wow xzax can u not realize that what you just said is EXACTLY what you have been doing for a while in this thread?

people have been saying "stop xzax chibo is not going to change his mind"

then you would be like

" yeah i know........BUT...blah blah blah"

you stfu. chibo is granted like at least 5 posts before he stops arguing with you, since you didnt stfu with him.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol xzax called me crazy bias, "super" pro-ban, and just a bunch of flaming in general.
and i said it didnt matter and xzax flips lol

something isnt adding up...

---

after snes grand finals i almost wanna ban mk... it was the most entertaining finals iv ever seen, first big tourney without a mk in grand finals. however, with mk banned, every tourney finals will be this exciting!

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
---

after snes grand finals i almost wanna ban mk... it was the most entertaining finals iv ever seen, first big tourney without a mk in grand finals. however, with mk banned, every tourney finals will be this exciting!
However, notice that the best MK in the world didn't even make it into grand finals. So you want to ban a character where the best player of that character didn't make it into grand finals and lost to Snake and Diddy?

Also how did you place.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i thought the same thing as steel, and i know its true for a fact lol, but i really dont wanna use it as a complaint. this was the first finals of a big tourney iv ever seen without an mk, and it was by far the most entertaining finals iv ever seen.

while it can be a sign of things to change, banning mk will keep tourneys this awesome forever! lol

na but im still open to unbanning him, iv said it plenty of times. the first biweekly regsrdless will be mk banned. im not gonna change my decision just from what happened at SNES.

also, brawl grand finals were baout 200x more exciting to watch than melee finals. discuss?

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
i thought the same thing as steel, and i know its true for a fact lol, but i really dont wanna use it as a complaint. this was the first finals of a big tourney iv ever seen without an mk, and it was by far the most entertaining finals iv ever seen.

while it can be a sign of things to change, banning mk will keep tourneys this awesome forever! lol
Whaaa? You'd rather watch a laserfest with Falco, bizzard and grab spam with the IC's or b-throw and b-air spam with Dedede than watching Metaknight? Most of the top-tier characters are so boring to watch because they have to play it exactly like a book in order to do good. Metaknight, for all he is, is at least very exciting to watch because he has so many options you don't know what he's going to do.

I'm waiting for the SNES videos outside of livestream to be up before I give an opinion about those finals. I hear they're awesome, though. ADHD winning the whole thing sounds mad tight, though.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Ally at 268-->283 death was crazy. ADHD was playing crazy good that day.

It was also cool to see Rogue Pit and Chibo at like 3:30 in the morning on the livestream lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol yea i was behind the desk with the other TOs, so when they switched the cam u could see me easily. then after finals rogue tried to jump into the cam to say hey whats up im rogue pit like normal lol.

the best part about it is, right b4 m2k v adhd, someone asked ally who he is more scared of fighting. he said definitely m2k, and he wasn't scared one bit of adhd lol

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Like I said to Chibo on aim. These events would really get some hype if Chibo hired some strippers.

10yes's

GOTM

Smash Champion
also, brawl grand finals were baout 200x more exciting to watch than melee finals. discuss?
I find this hard to believe when I heard that Melee grand finals was a falcon ditto between Mango and Hax.

Separately they are two of the most entertaining falcons to watch, I don't know how this was not exciting. But I guess because of what happened with the whole M2K thing, there was like a gloom over everything.

Does anyone know if there are videos of the S.N.E.S. Melee finals up anywhere? I'm probably going to look right after this post and find them right away but whatever.

GOTM

Smash Champion
No M2K entered but apparently quit out of a match where Mango was ****** the balls of him and forfeited, in winners finals.

Then after that he just decided not to play Hax in losers finals and forfeited that as well. Why give up that amount of money? So ********.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the whole recording deally was pretty weak sauce at the tourney tbh. like nothing was flat out recorded. it was all livestream records, which were streamed off a shaky internet connection from a webcam looking at the projector. i have some records by saving replays on ninjalinks wii then stealing em :)

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I was playing ridiculously horrible at SNES

however, I was also the only MK in top 8, so I don't even wanna hear **** about my character being broken cuz he's FAR from it.
If you can play horribly and still get Top 8, something's wrong with MK.

I'm kinda joking......just a bit.

Top Bottom