• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Drognar's roster.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Again, Ashley is part of wario series developed in 1992. Birdo is part of the mario series, and Dark Samus is part of the Metriod series which are all significantly more popular than pikmin. Its doesn't really matter the character but if they represent a classic or popular series
Your kidding right? Ashley is party of the Wario Ware series that came out like 2002 and she never first appeared until 2006 in Wario Wario Touched!.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Again, Ashley is part of wario series developed in 1992.
Wario Land =/= WarioWare, hypocrite!

Don't let people make you believe Ness is out, Ness has not been deconfirmed by Sakurai, if anything all Sakurai has said is that Lucas and Ness come from the same family of PK users. Sakurai knows new people will be introduced into smash by brawl, so from my point of view, hes building up Ness as a rival to Lucas that can only be proven in brawl.
Stop brainwashing people into thinking Ness has a huge chance of returning or that Lucas is just a mere rival with no real motive other than to rival Ness in Brawl, ok? Thanks.

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
Warioware is part of the wario series because it stars wario, yes it maybe a different genre but still counts. Mario Party stars mario, although its obviously a spin-off, if you were asked for a list of mario games you'd list mario party. Warioware is not its own series its tied to WarioLand which is a classic game.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I'd love for ness to return like he deserves but if he doesn't i'm not gonna cry, i'd still like Claus in.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Warioware is not its own series its tied to WarioLand which is a classic game.
This post proves your unintellegance. A minigame game and a sidescrooler yet completely different are yet there the same series... Hahaha don't make me laugh.

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
Wario Land =/= WarioWare, hypocrite!

Stop brainwashing people into thinking Ness has a huge chance of returning or that Lucas is just a mere rival with no real motive other than to rival Ness in Brawl, ok? Thanks.
shut up! People deserve their own point of view.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Warioware is part of the wario series because it stars wario, yes it maybe a different genre but still counts. Mario Party stars mario, although its obviously a spin-off, if you were asked for a list of mario games you'd list mario party. Warioware is not its own series its tied to WarioLand which is a classic game.
How does Ashley a lame filler with two small ******** cameos who debuted in 2006 fit this anyway? and NO, WarioWare is it's own series, just like Mario Party is it's own series, stop trying to disguise things to cover up your hypocrisy and bias towards Olimar.

shut up! People deserve their own point of view.
Not if it sends out the wrong idea to other people, like you.

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
This post proves your unintellegance. A minigame game and a sidescrooler yet completely different are yet there the same series... Hahaha don't make me laugh.
So basically your saying Mario Kart has no relationship to mario. Hmm, how interesting,:laugh:,just because the game changes genre doesn't mean anything the game still is a Wario Title, and Wario is still the main.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
FAIL!

Sorry, but no Falco? Ness with Claus and Lucas? Ayra over Micaiah? Palutena who's deconfirmed? Ashley? Birdo? Not to mention that Black Shadow doesn't deserve anything with Goroh as an AT.
i agree with you completley except for thewolf part. wolf > falco imo of course :D

vesperview

Smash Hero
So basically your saying Mario Kart has no relationship to mario. Hmm, how interesting,:laugh:,just because the game changes genre doesn't mean anything the game still is a Wario Title, and Wario is still the main.
Can't you read or you just don't have a brain? a character can have two different series, Wario has a spinoff series, which is not the same as his Wario Land series.

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
How does Ashley a lame filler with two small ******** cameos who debuted in 2006 fit this anyway? and NO, WarioWare is it's own series, just like Mario Party is it's own series, stop trying to disguise things to cover up your hypocrisy and bias towards Olimar.

Not if it sends out the wrong idea to other people, like you.
There is no such thing as a FILLER, every character serves a purpose whether you like it or not.
I have no bias toward olimar only hate and factual knowledge that he won't he get in.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
No that's not what i'm saying Wario Ware and Wario Land may both have Wario in their names but that doesn't mean there in the same series, same goes with Mario Kart it's not related to nor does it affect what happens in regular mario games.

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
A stupid character like Ashley is a filler and an obsolete one at best.
Response-Nope, Ashley is not a filler, just like anyone.Shes appeared into 2 titles in ONE year, wow that beats olimar who took 3 years
Factual? I didn't know idiocy was factual.
Response-Yup,facts back my theory, Arrogance backs up yours, unfournately.:(

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
yeah "facts". Well i'm gonna leave this topic because it's sole purpose is badically you saying that only "retro" characters get in and when Olimer and other "non retro" characters get in...be prepared for me to shove that in your face.

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
yeah "facts". Well i'm gonna leave this topic because it's sole purpose is badically you saying that only "retro" characters get in and when Olimer and other "non retro" characters get in...be prepared for me to shove that in your face.
whatever dude, you keep thinking that I changed my theory multiple times to make it more logical not because of any biased against olimar.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Facts, what facts?

I'd love to see these facts!

Again, Ashley is part of wario series developed in 1992. Birdo is part of the mario series, and Dark Samus is part of the Metriod series which are all significantly more popular than pikmin. Its doesn't really matter the character but if they represent a classic or popular series. Adumbrodeus, sorry for my lack of understanding but can you explain your last post a bit more?
I pointed out that you have no proof that the character's "retro status" influenced it's inclusion.

What you have is a correlation between a series time of introduction and it being represented (in other words, series that appeared during the retro era were more likely to appear then series that were introduced later), but there is nothing to establish that the causation fits (in other words, to prove that they ignored characters simply because of the time period).

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Where is G&W? Why Ashley? If Wario gets a second rep sadly it will be Waluigi. That ain't gonna happen.
Well, that might happen if Waluigi had actually appeared in a Wario title. Waluigi is, as of right now, strictly a Mario franchise character, and there are way too many other Mario characters that will make the roster before him.

I'm predicting that there won't be another Wario character on the roster. He's flying solo for this fight.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Wow, that is one of the worst lists I have ever seen. Kamek! Birdo!

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
No, not simply because the time period all I'm saying is that is time does affect a characters chances.

hugofalc

Smash Cadet
Rather than burning this guy's wish list, I will just show my disapproval by making my own!

Mario series:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Zelda series:
Link
Shiek/Zelda
Gannondorf
CS link

Pokemon Series:
Trainer
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

Kirby Series:
Kirby
Metaknight
The King (DDD)

DK Series:
DK
Diddy

Samus Series:
Samus/ZS(hopefully selectable)
Ridley

Starfox Series:
Fox
Falco
Krystal

Fire Emblem Series:
Ike
Marth
Miciaiaiaiaia....h

Mother Series:
Lucas
Claus

Third Party:
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Simon Belmont

Other Series:
Cap'n Falcon
Wario
Pit
Ice Climbers
G&W
Isaac
Captain Olimar
Takamaru
Yoshi

(I'd add Waluigi, but even 3 wishes from a genie lamp couldn't add him, so what good is my wish list.)

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that is one of the worst lists I have ever seen. Kamek! Birdo!
Yeah, and whats wrong with them?:grrr:
They are both classic mario characters that are still used today
heres a list of games of Kameks appeared
1.Yoshi Island
2.Mario Party Series
3.Super Princess Peach
4.Mario and Luigi-Partners in time
5.Paper
6.Mario & Luigi-Superstar
7.Tetris Attack
8.Yoshi Touch & Go

List of games birdos been in
1.Mario Party 7
2.Mario Party 8
3.Super Mario Bros 2
4. Mario Hoops-3 on 3
5. Mario Superstar baseball
6.Mario tennis
7.Mario Power tennis
8.Super mario strikers
9.Super mario strikers charged(as a species)

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
List of games Goomba has been in:
1. Super Mario Brothers
2. Super Mario 64
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Super Mario World
5. Super Mario World 2
6. Super Mario World 3
7. Paper Mario
8. Super Mario RPG
9. Mario Superstar Baseball
10. New Super Mario Bros
11. Super Mario Sunshine
12. Paper Mario 64...I could go on.

The number of games a character has appeared has nothing to do with their chances in Brawl. Especially if half of them are Party and Sports games. What SHOULD influence wether a character should get in Brawl is wether that character is popular, important and has moveset potential. Things like having new games to promote also affect a characters chances but Birdo and Kamek dont tick any of these aforementioned boxes.

Even if I think Kamek isnt that bad of a choice.

Kamek for Subspace Boss!!!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Actually that's incorrect, Sakurai used a Japanese phrase that is translated as "until now", but is actually a statement of how it has been to the point, but has no indication of whether it will or will not continue, it's just a statement of fact. It was translated as "until now", but does not have the "it's over" indications that "until now" has.

Gotta love poor translation.....

Sorry, but I have more faith in Samurai Panda, who directly said it deconfirmed Ness. =/

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Sorry, but I have more faith in Samurai Panda, so directly said it deconfirmed Ness. =/
No matter what anyone says Sakurai has not said Ness is out yet, it does not matter how people interpret the sentence Ness will only be out if Sakurai says so clearly on the dojo, or when we get the actual finished version of the game.

People only want Ness out because they fear that it will mean claus might not get in, (CLAUS for subspace boss!!!)

Ok moving on: Only a complete moron would consider Ashley having higher priority than Olimar, and Wario Land is not Canon to the Wario Ware series, thats like saying the things that happen in Mario Party are canon to the things that happen in Mario 64/sunshine/galaxy.

Olimar for brawl.

WindSquirrel

Smash Apprentice
There's a lot of undeserving characters. Take out Kamek, Birdo, Dark Samus, Dixie, Ashley, Ness, Ayra, Paletuna and Wolf. Put in Young Link, Isaac and Captain Olimar

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
According to SP, he quite clearly says he's out. If you don't try to twist the wording around, it also clearly says it on the Dojo. >_>
It IS the proper translation because it IS the closest english equivalent, there is no real English equivalent to what he actually said.

It's just a poor translation because there there is no way to translate it exactly, not because of any failure of the translator.

You just have to recognize that issue in translation, that's all I'm pointing out.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
No Isaac? Boo!

By the way...

Just because Sakurai wants more females and villains does not mean that deserving good characters can be removed for stupid villains and females.

I won't rate this list, as this is your own opinion, but let me warn you; originality doesn't always yield the greater weapon.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
No Isaac? Boo!

By the way...

Just because Sakurai wants more females and villains does not mean that deserving good characters can be removed for stupid villains and females.

I won't rate this list, as this is your own opinion, but let me warn you; originality doesn't always yield the greater weapon.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Your list has some horrible characters:

Birdo- How is it in any way important to the Mario games, it only comes out in the sports and party games. And why is it in the Yoshi section.

Ashley- Filler character that was introduced last year in a spinoff of another game= no chance at PC.

Black Shadow- Generic villain that would have Ganon's old moves. Goroh is an AT so what makes you think he has a chance.

Ness- Get over your denial and accept that Lucas has replaced him.

Palutena- She's in Pit's Final smash for god's sake! You have to be crazy to think she'll be in.

You also didn't include some pretty obvious choices:

Jigglypuff- Are you stoned or what? Give one solid reason to not include her.

Falco- Again give one reason not to include him.

Olimar- You're obviously biased against him and can't provide one reason to not include him. He was also created by Miyamoto so all he would have to do is ask Sakurai and he would include him.

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
Lack of K. Rool and Issac+ Presence of Ashley, Birdo and Palutena = Does not compute.

2/10.

( I must admit that ,*ahem*,someone acting like Ashley ***** and killed his entire familly made my day, the sheer stupidity of this thread is so darn funny.)

Top Bottom