• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragoon, a Three Part Brawl Setup

Twintail

Smash Cadet
Next up is the Hydra now. Just like the Dragoon, it too is a legendary Air Ride machine. Of course, it's more of a land-based machine. On the other hand, it's absolutely fast, which could also devastate opponents.

This is the Hydra.
I'm wondering if Hydra could be done differently, like since dragoon is the flying vehicle it flies through the air to the opponent, maybe Hydra could become something like warios motorcycle or something and you could drive back and forth for a time or something like that

I'm also wondering, seems like there will be a lot of items, do you think they will be catagorized (maybe have different types of items arranged so that you could turn off a set of them). It seems like it would make things easier with so many items, especially if they did include a button that would turn items all off or all on, in order to select a few, instead of going through the whole list like I've had to do so many times in melee (saturn battles ftw!)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yeah, this is a great item. giving it the power of the smash ball, but also the rarity was a great idea. plus, kirby air ride was a great game. whoever i was playing with at the time would always play city ride, so we could collect the legendary vehicles.

but i do hope the hydra makes an appearance. i liked it more than the dragoon anyway

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm wondering if Hydra could be done differently, like since dragoon is the flying vehicle it flies through the air to the opponent, maybe Hydra could become something like warios motorcycle or something and you could drive back and forth for a time or something like that

I'm also wondering, seems like there will be a lot of items, do you think they will be catagorized (maybe have different types of items arranged so that you could turn off a set of them). It seems like it would make things easier with so many items, especially if they did include a button that would turn items all off or all on, in order to select a few, instead of going through the whole list like I've had to do so many times in melee (saturn battles ftw!)
I was thinking that the Hydra would work like Wario's Wario Chopper. However, it would be extremely fast and dangerous. Anyone who gets hit by this machine is almost certain to get KO'd.

The Hydra's HUGE flaw is that since it's so fast, you could be sacrificing a stock life while using it, which would suck if you don't KO anyone with it.

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
I actually really like this item. I loved Air Ride, even though it wasn't the greatest game, and I like the fact that obtaining the item in this game reflects collecting/gathering the parts of the machine in its original game. Not only is it an original concept but it looks like it'll work in the Brawl environment. Maybe we'll see the Hydra along side it as well. Don't know if that'll work as well, though I can see it happening nevertheless.

Galax

Smash Rookie
I don't like this idea. I think it's too much attention to a single game. Dragoon can be compared to the final smash, and the final smash is one of the main ideas of the game. I think Dragoon should be an assist trophy instead.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
just like in AR it's just a more improved Warp Star. In AR the Warp Star is balanced but with more gliding. The Dragoon is just that except... maxed out. It appears to work just like that in Smash. A Super Warpstar! I hope the Hydra doesn't appear actually, I think the two together, plus the menus would make it too AR saturated :x

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Hopefully Sakurai realized just how unlikely it would be to get any three items in one match.

I hope that once one Dragoon part appears, the others have an increased spawn chance.

And how ironic, adding in an element from the game that supposedly made him quit Nintendo.
explain to me what you mean by makng him quit nintendo.

also when I read the title I was thinking bayblade made it in Brawl:confused:

Puffs

Smash Ace
Kirby Air Ride is one of the most beautiful games in existence. This item gets a 9/10.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This is what his Wikipedia says:

Wikipedia said:
Sakurai resigned from his position at HAL Laboratory, Inc. on August 5, 2003, leading many to believe that the Kirby and Super Smash Bros. series would cease to continue. Reasons for his departure are said to be because he was seeking more freedom and was not happy with the structure that was present at HAL Laboratory. Most of all, however, Sakurai grew tired of the sequelization of the industry and at HAL.

"It was tough for me to see that every time I made a new game, people automatically assumed that a sequel was coming," said Masahiro Sakurai on August 26, 2003, in an interview with Nintendo Dream, two weeks after his resignation from HAL Laboratory. "Even if it's a sequel, lots of people have to give their all to make a game, but some people think the sequel process happens naturally."

His resignation came just days after an interview where he openly criticized Nintendo for circumstances surrounding the development of the GameCube racer Kirby Air Ride. He has publicly stated that he wishes HAL to continue working on the Kirby series. It is known that Masahiro Sakurai holds no resentment towards his past at HAL Laboratory, or his old characters. To this day, Sakurai's signature is a Kirby face.
That last paragraph does explain his willingness to use stuff he once disliked.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Hopefully Sakurai realized just how unlikely it would be to get any three items in one match.

I hope that once one Dragoon part appears, the others have an increased spawn chance.

And how ironic, adding in an element from the game that supposedly made him quit Nintendo.
They all spawn at the same time, duh. It is one item, it spawns as one item.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
This is what his Wikipedia says:

That last paragraph does explain his willingness to use stuff he once disliked.
As the original Kirby's Air Ride was being developed, the release dates kept on being pushed further and further away until one fateful day it was cancelled. No real reason has ever been established why.

This what made him so pissed off about Nintendo, he really wanted that game to be released on the N64, but they cancel it and start working on a Kirby platformer (which ended as Crystal Shards) instead.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
I was sure yesterday was saturday. The second I stop looking he gives us an 8/10.
Sounds like a cool item, but right now I've gotta go. I'll be back in a half-hour to give you all my wonderful opinions that I'm sure you all value greatly.
Yeah right.

Edit:
Or, you know, an hour or so.
I had oatmeal and a shower and a talkative brother, alright?

You gotta be kidding.
Back in 10 more minutes.
As if you care.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
They all spawn at the same time, duh. It is one item, it spawns as one item.
2 things

1-you have no proof, and it is 3 items, like in KAR (Kirby Air ride) you could get 2 pieces and never find the third, jsut because it did not spawn

2- If they did all spawn at once, then the 3 pictures could all have been one picture with all three parts. Also, why is one of the parts on the first tier of castle seige, and oter on the second, and the last one on Lylat cruise? If they all spawned at once they would all be on the same stage at the same time.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
2 things

1-you have no proof, and it is 3 items, like in KAR (Kirby Air ride) you could get 2 pieces and never find the third, jsut because it did not spawn

2- If they did all spawn at once, then the 3 pictures could all have been one picture with all three parts. Also, why is one of the parts on the first tier of castle seige, and oter on the second, and the last one on Lylat cruise? If they all spawned at once they would all be on the same stage at the same time.

That work?
Dragoon is listed on the Dojo under a single update. I take this to mean that it is a single item.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Dragoon is listed on the Dojo under a single update. I take this to mean that it is a single item.
They don't all spawn at the same time, that would ruin the point..

Also the picture you linked doesnt prove anything because they're not all on the stage at the same time..

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
hey could someone explain to me the second update about sharing stuff i don't get it at all?!?
It's just saying how you and your friends can send photos and stages to eachother, and that you have to click on the Smash Service or you won't get daily stages or anything else from Nintendo.

They don't all spawn at the same time, that would ruin the point..

Also the picture you linked doesnt prove anything because they're not all on the stage at the same time..
I suppose it's conceivable that they spawn at different points, but didn't you guys read this part:

Sakurai said:
Hit an opponent who has one of the Dragoon parts to make him drop it like a fumble.
Any of you guys ever perform aerial attacks off the side of the stage? Like a meteor?

You're suggesting that the game makes it very easy to simply lose one of the parts. Actually, you'd simple lose all of the parts. 3 specific different items spawning close enough in time such that you don't lose one of them off the edge? That means, basically, you can't attack anyone who's off the side of the stage. Do you think people are intelligent enough to remember who has the pieces in fierce aerial battles?

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Any of you guys ever perform aerial attacks off the side of the stage? Like a meteor?

You're suggesting that the game makes it very easy to simply lose one of the parts. Actually, you'd simple lose all of the parts. 3 specific different items spawning close enough in time such that you don't lose one of them off the edge? That means, basically, you can't attack anyone who's off the side of the stage. Do you think people are intelligent enough to remember who has the pieces in fierce aerial battles?

Have you ever played the game Jump! Ultimate Stars? Well if you didn't, there is a mode (a really sucky mode but still) where you goal is to collect 5 stars. everyone is holding one star and when they get K-Oed they lose the star. However, when you get K-Oed off the edge, the star comes back onto the stage in one of two random spots.

My guess is that if you get K-Oed, your piece goes back on the stage, and the only way they disappear is if, like in melee, you don't touch the item for like 15 seconds.

Salurai said:
Hit an opponent who has one of the Dragoon parts to make him drop it like a fumble. You also drop the parts when you lose a life. If you want to get a part in hand, then beat on your opponent!

The same can be said for Smash Balls—those, too, are items that everyone really wants badly, so the scramble can be quite funny!
This quote can either prove of disprove my theory. When it says fumble, you could assume that it means that it simply falls, or that it is gone forever. I think it simply falls and can be picked up. And as for the part about dropping, I assume that means that they can also be picked up, not gone forever.

However, The same can be said for Smash Balls could show that they do in fact lose it when they die. I need to refresh my memory, but I think if you die with the smash ball it is gone. However, he says it is like the smash ball because of how hard people try to get it, not of how its mechanics work, so you could take it either way.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
this is awesome I love kirby air ride! also this keeps increasing the possiblities for more awesome items from any game how cool would it be to have the mario galaxy ice ability or the flying one. or what about sonic items like super speed sheild etc, and howabout some zelda items maybe one that grass thing that u use to call epona or the hawk! endless possibilities

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Is Hydra supposed to be in as well?
The Hydra should have been in brawl, not the Dragoon, since the Hydra IS the Air Ride powerhouse, although the Dragoon flies really well, aiming for an "OHKO".

They probably won't put the Hydra in brawl, considering the two machines would have the same function.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
if we got Air Ride machines in brawl now...think we might get music from KAR?....plz let it be the Checker Knights stage song if so....*prays real hard*

Top Bottom