• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragonball Xenoverse

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463

Release Date (NA): February 24th 2015 (PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360), February 27th (Steam)
Description (via Steam store page): DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE revisits famous battles from the series through your custom Avatar and other classic characters. New features include the mysterious Toki Toki City, new gameplay mechanics, new animations and many other amazing features!

This is a thread dedicated to perhaps one of the greatest Dragon Ball games to have been released in recent history. Share your thoughts about the game here, as well as your customized Dragon Ball characters.

Last edited:

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
Here's my Majin OC Cloenna. She's a melee-focused fighter with the highest stats being Max Stamina and Basic Attacks.

2015-03-13_00001.jpg
2015-03-13_00002.jpg

I play on the Steam version. If anyone wishes to battle or do Parallel Quests with me, look up midnightthegoob (display name: CXF | OptimistNic)

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I got it on PS3, my 3 closest Skype friends got it on PS4, I don't have a PS4 though. :/

I'm not too far in, got a Level 20 female Saiyan, when I beat the game the first thing I'm making is a Frieza race.

Last edited:

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
Honestly if there wasn't a lot of lag on certain moves and Ultimates never had priority over EVERYTHING the combat would be so much better. Melee combos are too easy to avoid UNLESS you can manage to guard break and force Stamina recovery, but usually they have enough Stamina to snap teleport. I guess it's good that you can perform a turnaround attack mid-combo to read people teleporting behind you.
I also hate that when you input an attack when you are facing the opposite direction of your enemy, you go into a hella laggy turnaround animation. Ki blasts are laggy as hell to activate too but do hella hitstun.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I want them to buff the Super Saiyan transformations. The boost to damage is almost completely negligible. (SS1 gets 2% in physical damage and 1% in ki blast damage, SS2 gets 5 and 2 respectively, SV1 gives 1 and 3 and SV2 gives 2 and 5). Meanwhile Kaioken boosts by 10 for all and Kaioken x3 boosts by 15%, Kaioken x20 the same as x3 but infinite use of evasive skills and vanishes. I guess the damage reduction on Super Saiyan is nice and you get a movement boost and super/ultimate spam but still, a tiny boost on damage would be good.

Also apparently female Saiyans got the **** end of the stick and being someone that uses that most, I wish that were not the case.

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Bought the game shortly after launch for Xbox One and I love it. I need to get back on playing the story and working on my avatar character. Really fun and one of the best DBZ games to come out in a long time IMO.

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
Been playing on my PS4 for a couple of weeks now, and I'm having a blast with it. It captures a good chunk of Dragonball Z perfectly and provides a gameplay system that allows for fun and proper gameplay that mimics the excitement that sears out of the anime and manga fights. The character roster is lacking, and the amount of RNG present is terribly disheartening, however. Trying to get the Time Crystal Shards to unlock the Bardock/Broly missions is probably the least fun I've had in a Dragon Ball game, unfortunately. Also, the incredible dominance that Saiyan characters have over every other race is impeccable. The lack of super-transformations for other races is the main root of it all.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I dunno the only real thing other races are lacking is an ability to spam and if Old Kai ends up giving Potential Unleashed as an Ultimate it's possible that's going to be circumvented, and unlike other races, Saiyans have a pretty crap-tier passive ability, and male Saiyans suck damage-wise on anything that isn't their basic attacks. Meanwhile Namekians have insane stamina recovery and passive health regen, Earthlings have it the easiest with a passive ki regen and also gain ATK boost when at max on top of having the best averages for stats by far.

The only thing that Saiyans really have is the ability to spam but any good player can dodge around the ultimate, jump in and beat their face in and win through attrition since Saiyans are glass cannons.

For real though, Saiyans are not that good at all. XD

Top Bottom