• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Light Capsule - Video and Critique Thread

DRU192

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DRU192
Just sharing this:

0.13 for my favourite KO in a long time :)

Last edited:

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
My guess is that his UpB clashed with DAir's 1st hitbox, only to collide with the one that has a Meteor effect.
...I never thought it would be possible XD
There was one instance where I connected a hit from the looks of it, but it didn't do anything. I consider this my best kill on a Fox player ever. :)

DRU192

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DRU192
So it seems Leaf-Shield can cause a turn-around.

I took this into training mode and it seems it's easy to replicate both on jumping opponents and on standing. May be good for catching opponents off guard.

You perform it by hitting an opponent with LS while drifting backwards.

:)

glenn

Smash Cadet

I took this into training mode and it seems it's easy to replicate both on jumping opponents and on standing. May be good for catching opponents off guard.

Reversing Dr. Mario's recovery.... JUSTICE!

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172

I've always noticed that when my opponent gets tangled up with me when I have Leaf Shield active, they frequently do get turned around.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I've always noticed that when my opponent gets tangled up with me when I have Leaf Shield active, they frequently do get turned around.
Potential new tech?
I haven't had this happen to me before so I wouldn't know if it's new tech or just an odd quirk that Leaf Shield has.

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
Potential new tech?
I haven't had this happen to me before so I wouldn't know if it's new tech or just an odd quirk that Leaf Shield has.
it's an odd quirk, and it's been around since the beginning i believe.. but to me it always seemed very very situational, too situational for me to practice it over another more useful tech

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
If your back gets hit, you turn around. Leaf shield can turn your opponent around because it is away from your body. You just need to be close enough.

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
If your back gets hit, you turn around. Leaf shield can turn your opponent around because it is away from your body. You just need to be close enough.
Ah. That explains it then. Like I said, I always see it happen when my opponent and I are tangled up (in close quarters).

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice

Robin >.<
robin can be a frustrating matchup sometimes lol. nice work mr dezmu we gotta play again sometime soon

edit: oh **** i've played against gamegenie on for glory

Last edited:

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
The first match i felt I played poorly, mostly due to not knowing how to really fight Robin, in the 2nd match I really started to understand what I needed to do in order to secure proper punishes. Thankfully I stole the win, but this Robin is quite good.

And for sure man!

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
Thankfully I stole the win, but this Robin is quite good.

And for sure man!
He is, I played him one game on for glory and did some work on me. One of the better robins I've come across definitely

DRU192

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DRU192
Working on practical applications for MB rolls. Here's one of the first matches where I could do them consistently due to facing an opponent with a decent connection (they're really hard to time in lag).

I definitely think it's a useful bit of tech and I'll be using in future matches.

Let me know what you think.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
What do you mean by MB rolls? Are you talking about Z dropping, then catching the MB while shooting pellets?

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
Working on practical applications for MB rolls. Here's one of the first matches where I could do them consistently due to facing an opponent with a decent connection (they're really hard to time in lag).

I definitely think it's a useful bit of tech and I'll be using in future matches.

Let me know what you think.
Same question. You mean just z-dropping and catching them? I guess it doesn't have an official name but it can be done from a short hop. You just have to move backwards a little while falling with your aerial.

DRU192

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DRU192
What do you mean by MB rolls? Are you talking about Z dropping, then catching the MB while shooting pellets?
Hi guys I was talking about practical uses for this:

This was my original video, the practical application vid was to see if it had any uses in a real match.

Z-dropping & then shooting pellets is already a well established tech as far as I know but I haven't seen that many people doing rolling metal blade pickups ("MB rolls") before.

DRU192

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DRU192
Just press shield right before hitting the ground then press shield again while press whichevr direction
I usually perform it by pressing grab just over a MB then buffering the direction you want to roll in. That way you don't have to press shield twice.

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
I usually perform it by pressing grab just over a MB then buffering the direction you want to roll in. That way you don't have to press shield twice.
Oh that makes a bit more sense doesn't it. i felt like i was landing it more when i pressed shield twice, how strange.

well back to the lab i go :D

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
Pulled out my mega in a few games at the past weekly, any tips or advice you guys have would be much appreciated(in particular the match with Mikey L, what kind of matchup do we have with peach do you guys think?)

Smashfield Weeklies #12 (69 people)
Smasher1001(Mario/Megaman) vs Vegata(Mario/Sheik) [10/24/2015] [Smashfield Weeklies #12 WR2)
Smasher1001(Mario/Megaman) vs Mikey L.(Peach) [10/24/2015] [Smashfield Weeklies #12 WR3)
Smasher1001(Megaman) vs HyperCrasher(Pacman) [10/24/2015] [Smashfield Weeklies #12 LR8)

Unclesatan

Smash Apprentice
Pulled out my mega in a few games at the past weekly, any tips or advice you guys have would be much appreciated(in particular the match with Mikey L, what kind of matchup do we have with peach do you guys think?)

Smasher1001(Mario/Megaman) vs Vegata(Mario/Sheik) [10/24/2015] [Smashfield Weeklies #12 WR2)
Smasher1001(Mario/Megaman) vs Mikey L.(Peach) [10/24/2015] [Smashfield Weeklies #12 WR3)
Smasher1001(Megaman) vs HyperCrasher(Pacman) [10/24/2015] [Smashfield Weeklies #12 LR8)

that's some impressive megaman play sir. you styled on that shiek on the first match. i only wish the commentators were a bit better..

"so we're gonna be here a while watching lemons"

....... really? he instantly ate his words with that one. guy didn't seem to know much about mega

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172

Peach is still uncertain with me. Thankfully one of our better players decided to pick her up again so maybe I'll finally get some EXP. All I'd suggest is incorporating short-hopping into your game more. You did a lot of full hops in your neutral game.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Well, it is the time of the week where I have to post some Mega Vids YouTube allowed me to get :seuss:

TechCity4! Super Smash Bros 4 WiiU! Chewie (Kirby) vs. Shiny (Ludwig)
https://youtu.be/MhdnAu5OzQ4

Pinnacle 2 - Tafari (Yoshi) vs Craig (MegaMan) SSB4 Loser's Bracket
Pinnacle 2 (10/18/15) - Akron, OH
https://youtu.be/b8S7nIBh5ic

NUC8 – AcAmir (Megaman) vs. Triple Z (Shulk) – Winners R1 – SSB4
Smash Bros Wii U Singles – NUC8 - Winnipeg, MB - 10/18/15
https://youtu.be/C4Ad5GGRY3I

All of these guys were quite good IMO (one of the vids had a ninja Gide Toss if I remember well).

Last edited:

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
How would you recommend applying the short hops more? Just more short hop lemons? Or some specific type of mixup?
I was just noticing that every time you jumped, it was a full hop. Keeping at short hop height sometimes will allow for better spacing because you are staying mobile but not letting the opponent in. At full hop height, you're making a vertical gap that you can't cover very well.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Recent videos from tourney locator, here comes SSguy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uBMZfXP-E0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOX4J0tp81E

Also, asking SSGuy SSGuy himself, do you mind me posting videos of your matches? If so, i'll stop. I just found these two sets to be a good watch, lately i 've been struggling with with Fox more than before.
By all means, go for it! I normally forget to really post them on here which I should. lol

And throughout all three games vs Fox, the only reason why I was able to keep pace and momentum is because I finally played an neutral against him. Similar with Sheik and Pikachu, they get really predictable after you have taken 50-60% damage. It becomes a matter of keeping composure.

D

Deleted member

So, I was trying to lab the forward glide toss, and ended up making a short video about this instead:

I think I'm doing it wrong. Struggling really hard with it.

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
I've actually got the footstool combo portion really down pat. I still havent quite figured out getting it to be able to infinite them with it though.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Considering we can kill Mario at 65% with this if we manage to pull it off, i don't think doing it as an infinite is really necessary.

How would we pull this off in a match tho? Maybe if they with a fsmash or dsmash when we are close enough?

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
leaf shield can stun them into being forced into the footstool animation, but it's still risky just jumping in with nothing but that to protect you,and if they do an attack it may well win >.>

Top Bottom