• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down throw -> Footstool -> Down-Air

SmoothieOtter

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cornfox
So I was watching Ryo last night playing as Ike and I saw him do this pretty insane combo. https://youtu.be/uC_YtN9eoRk?t=6m18s

I tried it myself and it turns out that I can hardly pull it off with just a CPU lol. Do you guys know about or use this combo at all? If so, do you know of a good way to practice or pull it off? I'm having quite a bit of trouble with this.

It all adds up to 23% which is 5% more than down throw to N-Air and 4% more than down throw to F-Air, 2% more than down throw to B-Air. So, in my opinion and as an Ike main, I think it's definitely worth learning. Especially since you can most likely follow up to more attacks after the combo kinda like what Ryo did. What do you guys think?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
It's a footstool combo. You have to read the DI and execute the footstool with almost frame perfect timing. Once you get the down air, you time the up air so you hit them during the frames where they can't do anything, then you get a back air *which Ryo missed* which is a true combo. It would deal 47 percent which is extremely good off just one grab.

Xelion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MGSnake
And people say Sheik's grabs are terrifying.
:4myfriends: I K E B O Y Z :4myfriends:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If you can get this down, you're golden:

If you screw up and they air dodge, you can still just nair them into other stuff. If they try to attack, you have to be quick and dodge or bair/combo them if you can.

MasterExocuter

Smash Cadet
Doesn't the Dair allow setups for jab resets at this percent? I don't think Ike could really jab lock given his 3 hit linking jab combo, but I'm sure there's other things you could get off from a dair at low percent. Does anyone know to what percent Ike can get a footstool out of dthrow?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Doesn't the Dair allow setups for jab resets at this percent? I don't think Ike could really jab lock given his 3 hit linking jab combo, but I'm sure there's other things you could get off from a dair at low percent. Does anyone know to what percent Ike can get a footstool out of dthrow?
0-20 before the throw without rage. At high rage (110+), it's not guaranteed even at 0%.

MasterExocuter

Smash Cadet
0-20 before the throw without rage. At high rage (110+), it's not guaranteed even at 0%.
So really this combo is meant to be used as a match opener as seen in the video. Does it matter which stage you do it on? I saw that Ryo went through the top platform and fell through (although it looked like he was going to land on it). I'm not familiar with platform heights but I don't think it could work on stages like lylat

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
So really this combo is meant to be used as a match opener as seen in the video. Does it matter which stage you do it on? I saw that Ryo went through the top platform and fell through (although it looked like he was going to land on it). I'm not familiar with platform heights but I don't think it could work on stages like lylat
They'll be above the platform if you footstool. You can get it on the platform but some characters can slide off the platform. It's actually tough to do on BF because if you start the aerial too soon, you land on the top platform. This will still work above most platforms outside of the fastest fastfallers like Fox.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
With Uair knockback being slightly changed, what's the optimal combo now? Nair to Fair?

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
N-Air can set up another footstool loop, however you can still do up-air -> B-Air for the 47 percent combo.

Top Bottom