• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down throw -> Dair = 42%

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
ya if you expect them to either get up attack or normal get up (or if you guess the roll away instead of F tilting) you can down throw them and short hop Dair, and it the whole tech chase does 42%. Also Dair is Snake's 3rd hardest hitting move he has just behind C4 (on par with up tilt but many ppl DI the Dair badly cuz they don't know about it, and the damage is 29-30%).

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I did notice dair does insane damage if you land all 4 stomps...I didn't know it was fast enough to outprioritize a get-up attack though...another use for dair = awesome.

edit: M2K do you mind if I add this dair use to my guide? Credit to you of course. If not, it's fine.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
it only goes over some get up attacks, not all.

like, vs GW, it usually goes over his get up attack; i don't know all the characters this does and doesn't work against, just that it worked well when I tried it to velocities GW many times.

ya obviously you can add it

tang

Smash Rookie
Sweet new find, I'm definitely gonna add this to my arsenal of attacks =]

Top Bottom