• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

down b

mood4food77

Smash Hero
just wondering, do you have to charge the down b recovery for the first time use

cause i just did one without using down b on teh stage once....

like, match starts, jump off the stage, down b

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I'm pretty sure it starts charged, yeah. Which is handy if, oh say, Mr. Captain Falcon is too busy showing you his moves to allow for the chance to get one off on the ground.

Good times.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's really sad how i'm noticing stupid stuff after 6 years of playing, like this and peach's fair using her crown

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
It's random whether or not it starts charged. Unfortunately you gotta check before trying. I find that most times it's charged at the beginning, other times it's not.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Perhpas I'm incorrect, but I saw somewhere on here that it's random. I know from many SD's too that it's not always charged when you start

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
it's not random
it doesn't start charged
you have to do a regular down b on the floor and thats how u charge it
and then you can do the raising tornado
after you use it you have to down b on the floor again
then u can do the raising tornado again

mood4food77

Smash Hero
then how come in 5 matches in a row, i didn't use a down b on the first life and i was still able to recover with it...
i meaning, being able to use the recovery first without using a down b on the ground, like, you're first time off the stage

Jujumasta

Smash Journeyman
it's really sad how i'm noticing stupid stuff after 6 years of playing, like this and peach's fair using her crown
True, it took me a long time to find out that Samus's jetpack starts when she jumps. I'm sure it starts charged, though. I just never take advantage of the that one.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Alright...Ive played Luigi FOREVER...so HERE is the final word on this...(good job Morb *thumbs up*)
If u watch the pros play u will mostly see them start off their life with either
A. A WD or
B. a TORNADO (down b)
Now this is because u have to do a down B once on the floor to charge ur rising tornado. Trust me ive done so much experimenting....(jumping off the edge of hyrule pressing down b all the way) No matter how many more times u do the tornado in the air it WONT charge again unless u do it on the floor. OK GOOD

Gea

Smash Master
Yup. You'll also see pros charge it (just in case) after geting a KO. Works kinda like a taunt too.

Top Bottom